Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    In Titans Hunt, Donna was the same as the one from the Finchs' run but when Wally came back, that changed all of the Titans so that they were more like their pre...
    I honestly don't think that even Brian, with his indulgences of the bizarre, would have made Donna a psychotic golem, hell-bent on killing Wonder Woman. I just don't know what Mrs. Finch was thinking, there.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I honestly don't think that even Brian, with his indulgences of the bizarre, would have made Donna a psychotic golem, hell-bent on killing Wonder Woman. I just don't know what Mrs. Finch was thinking, there.
    She wasn't.

Also, it seems like Diana and Donna are stranged (sorry for the quality the place where I got the preview was bad)

IMG_5555.JPG

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    (sorry for the quality the place where I got the preview was bad)
    Was that place here?

She wasn't.

Also, it seems like Diana and Donna are stranged (sorry for the quality the place where I got the preview was bad)

IMG_5555.JPG
    It seems like they're referencing the weird Donna situation from the new 52 YAAAAASSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    It seems like they're referencing the weird Donna situation from the new 52 YAAAAASSSSSSSSS
    "for what I know everyone here it's an impostor" maybe she is referring to the n52 Donna (and the situation with the n52 origin per se)?

"for what I know everyone here it's an impostor" maybe she is referring to the n52 Donna (and the situation with the n52 origin per se)?
    I didn't read any of that into it.

All I heard is that they've been distant for awhile, after having obviously been significantly closer; otherwise, what would be the point of this exchange? 52 Donna and Wonder Woman never got close enough to have a conversation, like this, ..but, pre-Crisis Donna and Diana did.

The bit about 'after all that you and the Amazons did for me' sounds like a reference to Donna having a solid relationship with the Amazons. Growing up or being raised by them might be the 'all that' she's talking about, and if it is, it raises other questions. Who is the mysterious stepmom, mentioned before? Hippolyta would be an adoptive mother, and NOT a stepmom, if she took Donna in and raised her, as her own daughter; so, perhaps, Hippolyta isn't that stepmom. If not, what is Donna's relationship to Diana, now?

Don't know...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-28-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post

That origin is not cannon any more per recent issues of Titans. Donna tells Arsenal she was an orphan raised by the Amazons and she used to do photography(much like her pre-New 52 self). She also tells Roy that she's no sure where she got her powers from.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

New 52 Donna isn't canon, so I'm not sure what Diana's beef with her is. It could just be confusion to their current predicament.

I hope when they kiss and make up that Donna will appear I'm the next arc of the main book and help Diana and Hippolyta find Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    New 52 Donna isn't canon, so I'm not sure what Diana's beef with her is. It could just be confusion to their current predicament.
    Even if that's why Diana is acting so cold around her, Donna says they haven't been close in years so something seems to have happened that distanced the two of them from each other (at least as far as the current Rebirth continuity is concerned).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even if that's why Diana is acting so cold around her, Donna says they haven't been close in years so something seems to have happened that distanced the two of them from each other (at least as far as the current Rebirth continuity is concerned).
    I bet it's Diana's fault .

I don't know if you all have read this interview with NRama but apparently it's all planned out but apparently it's all planned out so it fits in the Wonder Woman Rebirth storyline.
    Nrama: There does seem to be a contradiction with what's happening now in Wonder Woman, with the revelation that Diana's never even been to Paradise Island since she left. How does Donna fit into that?
    Abnett: We have a Titans Annual coming out between issue #8 and #9, which is a must-read if you're a fan of Donna Troy - or all the characters, actually. So you'll find out how that ties together.
    And Rucka did an interview where he said...

You’re working in a shared universe, so you have to think about characters like Donna Troy, who also have knotty continuities. Is that part of your plan?

Rucka: No. To be very straightforward, the focus here is very tight. This is one of the things that I talked to Geoff [Johns] about initially, when they asked me to come and work on it. It’s one of the things I’d been telling to Doyle— my editors Chris Conroy, Rebecca Taylor... a thing that Liam [Sharpe] and I have talked about, Nichol and I have talked about. The focus has got to be on Diana and that immediate orbit. So it’s Diana, Etta, it’s Steve, it’s Barbara-Ann, it’s the villains that are in that tight orbit, as well. Once all of that is sort of fixed—and I mean that not as in “broken,” but as in “staked into position”—then we can start talking about what’s going with Donna. What’s going on with Wonder Girl.
    Perhaps I'm reading too much into things

I bet it's Diana's fault .

I don't know if you all have read this interview with NRama but apparently it's all planned out but apparently it's all planned out so it fits in the Wonder Woman Rebirth storyline.

And Rucka did an interview where he said...

Perhaps I'm reading too much into things
    The sense I'm getting from this is that Abnett is piggybacking from Rucka's revelations about the Amazons in the main WW book to explain Donna's new origin in Rebirth and her connection to Diana, while Rucka will only deal with the Wonder Girls once he feels he's solidified her core supporting cast and Rogues Gallery.

Given I feel like he'll have accomplished that to a certain extent in his two years on the book, up until issue #25, it does make me hope Rucka sticks around for another year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Just the same, ..I'm hoping she's JASON's daughter, because I've always wanted Diana to have a brother-figure, AND being Donna's father almost certainly solidifies Jason's place in the Wonder-mythos. [SNIP]I just can't shake the faint hope that Donna's new origin might bring us the comic's first legitimate 'Mr. Wonder' sort of side character, with his own fancy plane, armbands and super-powers. [SNIP]Jason being a blood Wonder and the second male (if we're counting Lummox) trumps that, just a little...
    Yeah, no. Jason is pretty clearly from the "Lies" version of Paradise Island, born to the "Lies" version of Hippolyta, so I think it's already pretty clear that if the Jason teased a while back actually materializes and isn't just yet another lie to distract Diana, then he'll still not be a blood relative of Diana.

And if he did, there is pretty much no way he would be a "Mr. Wonder" character as you imagine. That much seems obvious to me.

Since Jason is tied to the "Lies," that alone would prompt me to hope he has nothing to do with Donna's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The sense I'm getting from this is that Abnett is piggybacking from Rucka's revelations about the Amazons in the main WW book to explain Donna's new origin in Rebirth and her connection to Diana, while Rucka will only deal with the Wonder Girls once he feels he's solidified her core supporting cast and Rogues Gallery.

Given I feel like he'll have accomplished that to a certain extent in his two years on the book, up until issue #25, it does make me hope Rucka sticks around for another year or so...

I get the sense that we're going to walk away from T #1, without having learning a bloody thing about anybody - that we won't get the goods on Donna's connection to Diana, until Mr. Rucka's done with his "Truth" or "Godwatch" or whatever.

It also appears that he's giving Cassie, ..lock, stock and barrel, to Teen Titans, who the WW editors allowed to tie her Trigon. If that's the case, that Cassie's out of the Wonderverse, so that Rucka can (somehow) pop Nessie into her place, ..I have to say the WW comic had that coming. Cassie's fans don't deserve that, but, the editors of WW sort of purchased this outcome, with their historically hands-off approach to how characters, created for use in WW, are portrayed, outside of the comic - Cheetah being bested by Batgirl, Wonder Woman by Power Girl and that kind of thing.

At least, we have someone, who actually cares enough about the WW comic to get huffy about some of teh same things we've been groaning about, for years. Looks like progress to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Yeah, no. Jason is pretty clearly from the "Lies" version of Paradise Island, born to the "Lies" version of Hippolyta, so I think it's already pretty clear that if the Jason teased a while back actually materializes and isn't just yet another lie to distract Diana, then he'll still not be a blood relative of Diana.

And if he did, there is pretty much no way he would be a "Mr. Wonder" character as you imagine. That much seems obvious to me.

Since Jason is tied to the "Lies," that alone would prompt me to hope he has nothing to do with Donna's origin.
    I'm just going to ignore the nasty, dismissive tone of your post and what you 'hope' will be Jason's origin ..and remind you that Diana has a male cousin, King Virbius, who is the son of Queen Antiope AND an immortal ruler of an enchanted forest and probably has many of the same powers she does ..or better! He lived and died, as Prince Hippolytos of Athens, before Artemis resurrected him, as an immortal nature god...

And he's a blood Wonder, whether we ever see him in the comic or NOT.

There's also Warkiller, who I'm not crazy about, but, he might be out there, somewhere. If he's still out there, you can have him.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-28-2017 at 03:22 PM.

deleted post here