Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Well, DC fooled us again. I'm kind of tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Right because if the New 52 was simply a hallucination, there was no Clay Hippolyta to melt down in order for Hecate to create Donna with.
    I don't think that's what they are saying. I think it's intentionally vague this way, so that Donna is not EXACTLY the New 52 Donna.

This way, she never murdered the Manazons...they were part of The Lies. She also never actually went after Diana, as far as we know, because, even though she was created as a weapon to destroy Diana, the Amazons prevented this destiny, and gave her false memories, etc.

In other words, Donna Troy's new origin is: She was created magically from clay as a weapon to destroy Diana, but this destiny was prevented by the Amazons, so she could become a hero. And, since they were both created from clay, they are now actually sisters.

It's at least clean and easy, and gives a simple answer to the "Who is Donna Troy?" question...though I hope more details are forthcoming.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-29-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Well he was mentioned already in the rebirth special, so technically he is still apart of Rebirth.
    Thanks, Fenix. I was beginning to think that I was the only one, who heard that.

Furthermore, I think it was mysteriously edited out of, at least, one of the YT videos, presently online. When I viewed the Rebirth special for a second time, sometime later, I didn't hear Jason mentioned, at all. I couldn't believe it! It even appeared that part of the WW creators' comments and Dan Didio's, also, were cut out or missing.

Something else, while we're on male 'Wonders'...

I mistakenly referred to Diana's cousin, King Hippolytos, as 'Virbius' in a previous post on this thread. 'Virbius' is, in fact, a title given to a line of the Roman goddess Diana's priests, also known as Kings of the Wood, by her ancient worshippers. Prince Hippolytos, resurrected and made immortal by Diana/Artemis, ..after being wrongly condemned to death, by his own father (Theseus), ..is the first of these Virbius kings, and his name was not changed, at all.

So, King Hippolytos is still out there, and being a legitimate part of the classical Amazon myth, should be a recurring character in the WW mythos. If not as a Captain or 'Mr.' Wonder, then, certainly as one of his cousin Wonder Woman's most trusted, beloved and powerful allies. At this point, I'd actually prefer him to whoever Jason turns out to be.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-29-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I don't get why DC doesn't stick with Donna's red jump suit design. Beyond being her most iconic outfit, it is a pretty good costume too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't get why DC doesn't stick with Donna's red jump suit design. Beyond being her most iconic outfit, it is a pretty good costume too.
    Agree 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    ...SPOILERS...Diana confirms that "Donna Troy is not an organic woman. She was made whole out of clay by a magical process." " She was created as a weapon-- a weapon forged to destroy me. We prevented that destiny and we gave her false memories so she could live a stable life" "You were made to believe you were a human child. Orphaned, rescued by me, raised by the Amazons. This stopped you from becoming a weapon-- it allowed you to live as others live.. to become a hero, a Titan"

So what the rolling ferk?!? The universe is slowly being "fixed" ( Rebirth) and yet we get some half assed hack job of an origin in like six words balloons? That fully owes it's existence to a MUCH HATED 52 origin for Donna...Load of total cr@p...and it seems like this was the whole point to the issue-- which really led nowhere and the reveal was pretty lame...
    That's a godsawful patch-up of the classic origin!

And why isn't the classic origin fully restored as character history, with the 52-Finch version offered as false memory? There's no reason to keep one scrap of Finch-Donna about, when one story - one, stupid PANEL - can jettison the whole mess into oblivion and explain it, with Rebirth, ..and any writer, who really cared about NTT history and Donna Troy would have done exactly that! What does being a WEAPON have to do with a mortal girl aspiring to become everything that Wonder Woman represents in the world? Donna Troy's story is a narrative expression of the Marston principle: that, in every woman, is a Wonder Woman; we should accept nothing less for this great character that's meant so much to all of us, ..and we should make no accommodation for this, at ALL.

Seriously...what a shabby, disrespectful mess, this is!

My impression of Mr. Rucka from the last interview tells me that he isn't going to like this much either, and I'm so glad that he's got 'fixing Donna' on his docket of things to do, during his run on WW. This CAN be fixed, and I think Greg Rucka has the will to fix it in a way that honors the spirit and history of the WW comic ..and the die-hard devotion of its fans.

This isn't the end for Donna, amigos. Chin up...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-29-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I don't think that's what they are saying. I think it's intentionally vague this way, so that Donna is not EXACTLY the New 52 Donna.

This way, she never murdered the Manazons...they were part of The Lies. She also never actually went after Diana, as far as we know, because, even though she was created as a weapon to destroy Diana, the Amazons prevented this destiny, and gave her false memories, etc.

In other words, Donna Troy's new origin is: She was created magically from clay as a weapon to destroy Diana, but this destiny was prevented by the Amazons, so she could become a hero. And, since they were both created from clay, they are now actually sisters.

It's at least clean and easy, and gives a simple answer to the "Who is Donna Troy?" question...though I hope more details are forthcoming.

I hope you're right. I wish Wonder Woman would have elaborate on who created Donna. That would have helped clear things up.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

I asked Brett Booth this question a while back on Twitter. He said they already have 2 red-garbed heroes on the Titans(Flash & Arsenal) so he went with the black & silver suit.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I hope you're right. I wish Wonder Woman would have elaborate on who created Donna. That would have helped clear things up.
    It's not the best...but hm. I'm thinking that this happened some time ago, before we ever "met" her as a Teen Titan. So all of those stories can still exist. Actually, it would have to be the case, since they all remember their adventures.

So, not necessarily the best origin story, but I don't believe it will end there, it will come back to light eventually in either Titans or Wondy. Titans is re-exploring storylines at the moment (the upcoming Lazarus Contract, the fearful five, etc) so I think we will get a proper Who is Donna Troy story.

Nevertheless, Diana's attitude didn't convince me on this issue, which is weird because Abnett knows how to handle characters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Only Donna was detected as non-human by the parademon's glasses, though. Are they really sisters? Maybe they're keeping Diana as someone's biological daughter :\

Or it's just editorial mess, who knows. The clay origin was referenced during Justice League vs Suicide Squad by Harley Quinn, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

I'm not yet convinced this isn't a false lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Only Donna was detected as non-human by the parademon's glasses, though. Are they really sisters? Maybe they're keeping Diana as someone's biological daughter :\

Or it's just editorial mess, who knows. The clay origin was referenced during Justice League vs Suicide Squad by Harley Quinn, so I don't know what to believe anymore.

I really hope not. Rebirth doesn't need that problem from the New 52.

I asked Brett Booth this question a while back on Twitter. He said they already have 2 red-garbed heroes on the Titans(Flash & Arsenal) so he went with the black & silver suit.
    I would have suggested a colour swap then at least, maybe purple or some other cool colour. Black and silver, at least how it is presented here, are not complimentary to one another. You can barely make out the star motif across her torso.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not yet convinced this isn't a false lead.
    Agreed. I think there is something more here.