Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't get why DC doesn't stick with Donna's red jump suit design. Beyond being her most iconic outfit, it is a pretty good costume too.
    I do love that outfit, but the starfield one is a close second.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I don't like the idea of the amazons messing with Donna's memories. That's like in Wonder Woman someone's messing with hers. Dumb idea.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I can't believe out of all the things from the New 52 to get ditched, mass murdering Donna Troy isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I can't believe out of all the things from the New 52 to get ditched, mass murdering Donna Troy isn't one of them.
    Well, for what I understood, she was meant to be a weapon a la Devastation but Diana and the amazons stopped her from doing so, so she was almost a mass murderer but she wasn't.

I wish it had been completely retconned, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I don't like the idea of the amazons messing with Donna's memories. That's like in Wonder Woman someone's messing with hers. Dumb idea.
    Hell Diana was strongly against mind wipes in the previous continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hell Diana was strongly against mind wipes in the previous continuity
    Sometimes I don't know what is ~bad writing~ or if this is a sign that Donna's past is not what it seems.

Well for all we know Diana doesn't even know the truth. So we can't really go on her word just yet. Rucka will fix Donna I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Well for all we know Diana doesn't even know the truth. So we can't really go on her word just yet. Rucka will fix Donna I'm sure of it.
    I hope so, and I don't think this is the final story of Abnett's Donna as well.

It wouldn't be Donna if she didn't receive a retcon to her origin only to reverse back to that origin only to get a whole new origin.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It wouldn't be Donna if she didn't receive a retcon to her origin only to reverse back to that origin only to get a whole new origin.
    That's true

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    That's a godsawful patch-up of the classic origin!

And why isn't the classic origin fully restored as character history, with the 52-Finch version offered as false memory? There's no reason to keep one scrap of Finch-Donna about, when one story - one, stupid PANEL - can jettison the whole mess into oblivion and explain it, with Rebirth, ..and any writer, who really cared about NTT history and Donna Troy would have done exactly that! What does being a WEAPON have to do with a mortal girl aspiring to become everything that Wonder Woman represents in the world? Donna Troy's story is a narrative expression of the Marston principle: that, in every woman, is a Wonder Woman; we should accept nothing less for this great character that's meant so much to all of us, ..and we should make no accommodation for this, at ALL.

Seriously...what a shabby, disrespectful mess, this is!

My impression of Mr. Rucka from the last interview tells me that he isn't going to like this much either, and I'm so glad that he's got 'fixing Donna' on his docket of things to do, during his run on WW. This CAN be fixed, and I think Greg Rucka has the will to fix it in a way that honors the spirit and history of the WW comic ..and the die-hard devotion of its fans.

This isn't the end for Donna, amigos. Chin up...
    I can only hope that this was a Red Herring and part of the "Lies" Diana is currently sorting out in her own book. The idea of Donna being created as a weapon goes against the very nature of the character and how she's been presented thus far in the 50 years of the character's history, discounting nu52. I was so eagerly anticipating this book only to have it fall sorely flat. Way to disappoint and disrespect yet another WW character. Superman can have a cousin, Batman can have a son but, the thought of Wonder Woman having a sister is out of the question. Ludicrous. The whole idea behind Rebirth is to restore the legacy and familial bonds missing from the nu52. Ugh. Just. no.

Incredible Member

Where do I begin pointing out the numerous plotholes with this

-New 52 Island wasn't even real
    -Diana cant even get to the real Paradadise Island right now let alone the several months ago before titans hunt.
    -Why do the rest of the titans remember her circa 5 years go ? did Diana brainwash them too?

My head hurts.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    That's true
    Her original origin was so simple. I can't for the life of me figure out why DC ever wanted to mess around with it to begin with.

This all goes back to them wanting to fully reboot Wonder Woman and not Titans back in the 80s. Even that could have been manageable if they hadn't decided to set Wonder Woman's new adventures in the present long after Donna was established as Wonder Girl. How did any of that seem like a remotely good idea? It boggles the mind that a premise as simple as "Wonder Woman's younger adopted sister" has become so nightmarishly complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, for what I understood, she was meant to be a weapon a la Devastation but Diana and the amazons stopped her from doing so, so she was almost a mass murderer but she wasn't.

I wish it had been completely retconned, though.
    Well it read like she was meant to be a weapon to defeat Diana and hey stopped her before she did that. Her murdering all the male Amazons could still be canon. They basically just kept the New 52 origin for some reason.
    Last edited by Badou; 03-29-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Spectacular Member

Seems like writers are just making up their own origins for Donna and just running with it. DC editorial might not care enough about her to stop it.