Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I don't think that's what they are saying. I think it's intentionally vague this way, so that Donna is not EXACTLY the New 52 Donna.

This way, she never murdered the Manazons...they were part of The Lies. She also never actually went after Diana, as far as we know, because, even though she was created as a weapon to destroy Diana, the Amazons prevented this destiny, and gave her false memories, etc.

In other words, Donna Troy's new origin is: She was created magically from clay as a weapon to destroy Diana, but this destiny was prevented by the Amazons, so she could become a hero. And, since they were both created from clay, they are now actually sisters.

It's at least clean and easy, and gives a simple answer to the "Who is Donna Troy?" question...though I hope more details are forthcoming.
    BUT The way it all leads up to this is that Bats mickey mouses some kind of scanner that allows him to clarify the heat sensors in his cowl to read real beings from non real (they keep getting attacked by duplicates of their greatest enemies)-- so while he gets 8 heat signatures (4 JLA 4 Titans), he only gets 7 "organic" nonsense signatures.... and points to Donna as being one who is not a natural human.... at this point they think this is because she might be the mole/ a duplicate of Donna (all 8 of them were popped into that weird room, so the assumption was that one or more of them might not be the real thing)

So as everyone goes to dog pile Donna, Diana stops them and reveals Donna's origin....

So if Donna scans as non organic entity (as having been made of clay and magic---- I won't even get into that nonsense) then if Diana is as well, she would have too...

Several plot holes--- it is noticed by Dick that Diana's lasso is missing. This was perceived as the villain's doing, for if you are looking for the truth of a situation (are any of them evil duplicates) it's the first thing you'd use. For me this was setting up that Diana was the mole (as in they couldn't correctly duplicate the lasso) and her apparent mistrust of Donna fed this..... I thought they were going to reveal Diana didn't "scan" correctly...... but it all was dropped on top of Donna

Also, Diana never gets her lasso back?!?

Poorly written.... and still the hopes that somehow this all takes place before Diana's revelations in her own title...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Seems like writers are just making up their own origins for Donna and just running with it. DC editorial might not care enough about her to stop it.
    Except in this case, Abnett is the one who retconned Donna out of her Finch retcon in the first place so he's actually retconning his own retcon here.

Haha this is such a mess. Ha. Haha.

Clay villain with magic memories is a garbage fire origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Seems like writers are just making up their own origins for Donna and just running with it. DC editorial might not care enough about her to stop it.
    This has been happening since the 80s let my girl Donna live.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Clay villain with magic memories is a garbage fire origin.
    'Garbage fire origin'...gotta love the way Raymond cuts through the caveats and slaughters the point. Totally agree, btw...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

My first issue is that it's just so cheap. "Memory implants" are a dime a dozen at this point.

My second issue is that there's no legitimate relationship. "Memory implants" are a LIE. It's how you make villains, not allies.

I really hope (and think) this is not the true origin, because even if you make the fake memories cheap copout, that doesn't explain the mom/stepmom thing.

RCO019_1484156148.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    BUT The way it all leads up to this is that Bats mickey mouses some kind of scanner that allows him to clarify the heat sensors in his cowl to read real beings from non real (they keep getting attacked by duplicates of their greatest enemies)-- so while he gets 8 heat signatures (4 JLA 4 Titans), he only gets 7 "organic" nonsense signatures.... and points to Donna as being one who is not a natural human.... at this point they think this is because she might be the mole/ a duplicate of Donna (all 8 of them were popped into that weird room, so the assumption was that one or more of them might not be the real thing)

So as everyone goes to dog pile Donna, Diana stops them and reveals Donna's origin....

So if Donna scans as non organic entity (as having been made of clay and magic---- I won't even get into that nonsense) then if Diana is as well, she would have too...

Several plot holes--- it is noticed by Dick that Diana's lasso is missing. This was perceived as the villain's doing, for if you are looking for the truth of a situation (are any of them evil duplicates) it's the first thing you'd use. For me this was setting up that Diana was the mole (as in they couldn't correctly duplicate the lasso) and her apparent mistrust of Donna fed this..... I thought they were going to reveal Diana didn't "scan" correctly...... but it all was dropped on top of Donna

Also, Diana never gets her lasso back?!?

Poorly written.... and still the hopes that somehow this all takes place before Diana's revelations in her own title...
    Very good points! Hm. Maybe (hopefully) it wasn't poorly written, and it's more like what you think, and there's more to be revealed. Hopefully.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Perhaps what's going on in Titans is more of Dark Angel's handiwork?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Poor Donna. Thanks for the spoilers, so I can avoid picking this up (for now). Hopefully, it gets better?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Poor Donna. Thanks for the spoilers, so I can avoid picking this up (for now). Hopefully, it gets better?
    I hope so.

I mean, it wasn't that bad as an annual, but Diana's treatment of Donna pissed me off way more than the clay origin.

I posted this on Facebook.....

Since Diana's Year 1.5 and God watch story is still underway, until we know if this Titans story takes place before or after it, Diana still doesn't know what's going on. In other words there is far more to this story than we are being told. I really don't believe once everything is said and done that that will still be Donna's orgin. Hell at this point Diana doesn't even remember her own.

None of this makes any sense, and doesn't add up. Diana's timeline has not synched yet like Clark's has. We haven't been shown that. In the Nu52, Diana had only been around about 5-6 Years. We now know 5 or so of those years were taken away by possibly Dr. Manhattan. The Nu52 Amazons clearly could not have given Donna and the Titans an invisible jet. They didn't have that know how. The true Amazons are safe away from everything. Protected from whatever Dr. Manhattan did clearly by the Gods. Before Wally arrived, everything that happened with Donna was no longer than a couple of weeks at best from her birth, her trying to take over Themyscira and her being Fate. As we know Diana's personality, she wouldn't withold something like that from Donna, just to "Protect" herself. She is about the truth and being honest. She would have told Donna about this.

It's all bull.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Her original origin was so simple. I can't for the life of me figure out why DC ever wanted to mess around with it to begin with.
    You mean the original Wonder Girl origin, where she was Diana as a young girl, "spliced" into the current day along with Wonder Tot (Diana as an even younger girl) - using an Amazon device and an elaborate metaphor of "frames of a movie seem continuous even if they aren't" so they could avoid having different versions of Diana from different times co-existing in one time, but still get them all together so they could have "Impossible Tales" that also included Hippolyta?

Yeah, probably not that one.

This all goes back to them wanting to fully reboot Wonder Woman and not Titans back in the 80s. Even that could have been manageable if they hadn't decided to set Wonder Woman's new adventures in the present long after Donna was established as Wonder Girl. How did any of that seem like a remotely good idea? It boggles the mind that a premise as simple as "Wonder Woman's younger adopted sister" has become so nightmarishly complicated.
    You are entirely correct about. And then writers have a strong tendency to say "well, I'm giving her a new origin, but I want to add aspects from some or all of her old origins as Easer eggs or fanservice, and I also want to keep as much of the history of the character as we can in this new version, even if that history doesn't gel well with the new origin." So it gets even more complicated.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I would have suggested a colour swap then at least, maybe purple or some other cool colour. Black and silver, at least how it is presented here, are not complimentary to one another. You can barely make out the star motif across her torso.
    It's Donna Troy... a character who used to wear a black outfit with literal stars on it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's Donna Troy... a character who used to wear a black outfit with literal stars on it.
    Those were bright stars though!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut