Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Though the Genesis event is long behind us, the Artemis-Kanto Baby is still floating around, out there, and deserves to be a vital part of the life of Wonder Woman.

COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Cassie was infinitely cooler and more impressive, when she was kinda funny-lookin'. I think.

I think she was a better character and brought more to the Wonder brand (so to speak), when she was this skinny, satchel-mouthed, tomboyish sprite, whose courage surpassed her superficial imperfections - namely, her looks. Everybody's going on and on about diversity, now; well, here was diversity! The whole point of having Cassie become Wonder Girl and showing the audacity of asking Zeus for powers ..was that she was, in our eyes, an unlikely successor of picture-perfect, pageant natural, Donna Troy. Being conventionally good-looking, in the way that Donna Troy is, shouldn't ever have become one of Cassie's wonder-powers.

I liked her better, plain. There was something challenging about that - something disquieting to the status quo of spit-curled, six-packed, bubble-butted demigods, ..with their shiny trick-belts and tiaras flickering in the wind. Here, in Cassie Sandsmark, was truly a hero, who could be you or I ..or any little girl or boy, who ever felt awkward and uncelebrated in their own skin. Here's the funny-looking girl-next-door, whom you don't look twice over, ..and she's WONDER GIRL!!! That felt great...

But, God forbid we suffer a plain-looking Wonder Girl. Plain-looking people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the hallowed, alabaster halls of superheroics..is that it?

Anyway, if Cassie is brought back, I hope she's brought back, just as John Byrne created her, ..a plain, though refreshingly uncommon, jane, who is an inspiration to us all. I hope we see Superboy or whoever fall in love with a plain-looking super-heroine, with imperfect hair and imperfect bod, and be uplifted by that, a little, ..imagining ourselves being worthy of being in her place. I think it was the ruin of this great character, when the editors allowed her to be drawn, like a generic super-Barbie, so much that she and Supergirl, except for their hairstyles, are entirely indistinguishable.

Maybe, that can be fixed.

And for crying out loud, lets get King Hippolytus (or Virbius Rex) into this comic, somewhere, ..as a recurring superheroic ally for his cousin, Wonder Woman. He needn't be in every freaking issue, but, get him in there - his own powers and armor and everything! Give little and not-so-little boys something to cheer on, after all these years of loyalty.
    Agreed.

I think Cassie's chickification damaged her character greatly, I loved her in the Byrne run because she was a riot, but I grew up to love her because of Young Justice, but of course God forbids a non-sexualized character in comics. I can take her old appareance, but I want a characterization closer to her Young Justice days.

Who should helm a Wonder Woman animated series?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who should helm a Wonder Woman animated series?
    How about Giancarlo Volpe and Jim Krieg?

I know Greg Weisman's the obvious answer, he is for everything, but these two proved themsleves with Green Lantern: The Animated Series in my opinion, and I think they could have a lot of fun with the Wonder Woman mythos .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How about Giancarlo Volpe and Jim Krieg?

I know Greg Weisman's the obvious answer, he is for everything, but these two proved themsleves with Green Lantern: The Animated Series in my opinion, and I think they could have a lot of fun with the Wonder Woman mythos .
    Didn't that animated series only last one season before getting canceled?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Didn't that animated series only last one season before getting canceled?
    Only due to more dickery from Cartoon Network. The series itself was excellent and had some real heart to it.

They'd be an excellent choice.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think a TV cartoon would be a great place to introduce King Hippolytus (Roman 'Virbius Rex') - yes, that's him in my avatar. A cartoon that teamed up Wonder Woman with Donna, Cassie and a male Wonder would probably be tremendously successful, and it would likely result in Hippolytus showing up in the comics.

I'd love to see an animated film of the Chiazzarello run. For whatever reason, I don't think DC Comics want to see that work, though.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-30-2017 at 12:41 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Only due to more dickery from Cartoon Network. The series itself was excellent and had some real heart to it.

They'd be an excellent choice.
    Now you're making me consider hunting GL: the animated series down and see if it's good

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Now you're making me consider hunting GL: the animated series down and see if it's good
    It is totally worth it .

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Oh, it's good. It's very good.

Spectacular visuals for such a relatively low budget show? Check! Impressive action sequences? Check! Humor? Check! Enjoyable characters? Check! Romance? Definitely. Genuinely emotional moments? Yup!

Seriously, if you watch the final episode and you aren't at least a little misty-eyed? I'm sorry, but you have no soul. You became a zombie somewhere down the road. Please report to the nearest crematorium immediately.

The show also did a great job using the redeemed villain trope, so this team is definitely the kind of team that might just be interested showcasing Diana's redemptive powers.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

GL:TAS is exactly the DCU GotG.

Hal, Kilowogg, Razer, Shayera Thal, and Adam Strange would be ideal deep space hijinks.

Leave the Earth to John and the rest.

I'd be down for a WW animated series.

Throw some Perez run with some Jimenez on it, with a twist of Rucka's first run and you got an entertraining show.

I'd be down for a WW animated series.

Throw some Perez run with some Jimenez on it, with a twist of Rucka's first run and you got an entertraining show.
    Maybe even throw in some good ol' crazy Golden Age Marston fun (just maybe without all the bondage) .

I also wouldn't mind some influences from Legend of Wonder Woman .

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    GL:TAS is exactly the DCU GotG.

Hal, Kilowogg, Razer, Shayera Thal, and Adam Strange would be ideal deep space hijinks.

Leave the Earth to John and the rest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj2eqmeKXPE

And Bleez!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtyP-q_m4zE
    Saint Walker too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58WD6Ij62ds