Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Nothing for me this week.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Infamous Iron Man #6 - Looks Like Maker and Doom are gonna go at it.

The "Secret Empire Hype" Group
    Occupy Avengers #5
    Thunderbolts #11

The "Is This What I Get For Liking Both Franchises?" Club
    X-Men Prime #1
    Inhumans Prime #1

The "I'm Gonna Miss This Book" Section
    All-New X-Men #19

BANNED

Man Thing #2

X-Men Prime #1 :
    Last edited by btmarine23; 03-25-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Spectacular Member

• Black Widow #12 - I think this has been a really fantastic series and I'll be sad to see it go. It's been full of twists and turns like any good spy series should and it's definitely kept me on my toes quite a bit. I've liked the recluse as a villain too, although I'd like some more Natasha stories that aren't so focused on the Red Room. I always enjoy more Bucky/Nat too and although it's not been a huge element in this book it's been present. The art has also been absolutely stellar. We've had three great Black Widow runs in a row now, I really hope that she gets another series post-Secret Empire!
    • Ghost Rider #5 - I was planning on dropping this after this issue anyway but I heard it was cancelled early and I can definitely see why. Robbie is a great character but it's a shame that we never got to spend any time with him. I'm pretty sure Amadeus has had more focus than he has. It was just a really horrible choice to open the book with this arc, and even if they were going to do it Robbie should have been front and centre the entire time instead of just a supporting character. I know Felipe Smith created him and All-New Ghost Rider was good, but if they want Robbie to be successful I'd like to see another writer take a crack.
    • Inhumans Prime #1 - I didn't read IvX and don't read any current Inhumans book but I'm interested to give this a go. I'll definitely be following Royals because Ewing + Cosmic = no brainer which is primarily why I'm giving this a shot. I'll also be checking out Secret Warriors because I want a Kamala team book and Champions is unfortunately terrible. Hopefully this book gives me a good set up for both of these series, and if it seems cool enough I'm willing to give Black Bolt a chance too.
    • Old Man Logan #20 - Lemire has just been killing it on this title. Ordinarily I'm not too interested in Wolverine and I only began pulling this on a whim but it's been one of the Marvel books I most look forward to. I liked the end of the last issue even though I have no idea who the villain was that he's approaching. I really want to see Old Man Logan make it back to the wasteland. It's a real bummer Sorrentino is gone though.
    • Star-Lord #5 - I am so bummed that this was another one of Marvel's stealth minis because it's been great. I really don't care for the Guardians being on earth and I don't read the main title or Rocket but this has been pretty fun seeing how much of a loser Peter is on his home planet and just how out of place he really is. Him being a bartender at a seedy criminal bar makes a lot of sense, though I really hate Felicia as the big bad of the criminal underworld and the more I see it the more I dislike it. She's popped up in so many of the series I follow and it just never gets any better. The art in this has been fantastic though, Kris Anka is great at making Peter really sexy.
    • Mighty Captain Marvel #3 - I'm so torn on this run. I really want to like Carol and I think a lot of writers have done well with her characterisation, Stohl included. She's an empathetic woman who is just doing her best and has had a lot of responsibility thrust upon her. This reads well if you've followed Carol for a while. The theme of Reed's Ms. Marvel run was that Carol wanted to be the greatest hero of all time and now thanks to Civil War II she's kind of received that but is everything she's ever wanted what she really wants? It appears not and I think that's a really great hook that I'd love to see explored more. Unfortunately I hate the subplot with the TV series with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. I want to see every single person involved with it to die and then for it never to be mentioned again. Ever. I still think making Alpha Flight her supporting cast was a mistake as well.
    • X-Men Prime #1 - I'm cautiously optimistic for Resurrextion and I'm keen to check out Blue, Gold, Astonishing, Generation X and Iceman and could be sold on Cable if it's good. I haven't been reading the main X titles for a while now, I dropped them a bit before Death of X because none of them were very good.

BANNED

Im going to do my comic book shop visit this April 1st or on the 2nd. The only new stuff Im getting are these hoping theres a few copies left in the shop

Unworthy Thor 5
    X Men Prime 1
    Inhumans vs X Men 6

then its back to buying old back issues of older comics such as Alf, Alpha Flight, original Uncanny X Men, original 1990s Wolverine comic, original Amazing Spider Man and buying and catching up on the entire Nightstalkers comic and some issues of the 1990s Ghost Rider and a couple of issues of X Men 2099

Amazing Member

Maybe x-men prime. It will be the first x-men title i have read in years. Just maybe.

All-New Member

X-Men Prime 1 seems to be a go to book, always worth trying a number 1....even if there are so many these days!

Inhumans Prime and X-Men Prime for meeeeeee

Black Widow #12 (Last issue, I'm sad )
    Occupy Avengers #5 (Gabriel Hernadez Walta's artwork!)
    Spider-Woman #17 (Last issue, I'm sad )
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."