Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ah Malibu. They had neat concepts, but Rune wasn't one. I am very glad he met some kinda end in the Rune/Silver Surfer crossover.

Which I'm somewhat not quite certain is Marvel canon.
    I liked him as a villain, but he never really worked as a lead character to me. The same goes for Lord Pumpkin. Great villain, but he shouldn't be the star.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ah Malibu. They had neat concepts, but Rune wasn't one. I am very glad he met some kinda end in the Rune/Silver Surfer crossover.

Which I'm somewhat not quite certain is Marvel canon.
    "Ah, Malibu" indeed. Sometimes I wish they'd bring it (or at least those characters) back.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    "Ah, Malibu" indeed. Sometimes I wish they'd bring it (or at least those characters) back.
    IIRC, Marvel decided there was some sort of creator-ownership legal issue involving the Malibu characters, (I'd read that at least some of the creators were totally willing to sell their rights or let Marvel use the characters, but Marvel thought there was some legal bugaboo anyway that it refused to go into detail about) so even though Marvel bought Malibu it quietly dumped the characters into limbo after a swarm of crossover events that are technically still canon but they pretend never happened. Thus where the Black Knight spent a few years and the existence of a seventh Infinity Gem are these weird continuity vortexes.

It's a shame - Prime, Mantra, and the Strangers were all series I remember reading back then, and at least some of the characters could be interesting if referenced again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    IIRC, Marvel decided there was some sort of creator-ownership legal issue involving the Malibu characters, (I'd read that at least some of the creators were totally willing to sell their rights or let Marvel use the characters, but Marvel thought there was some legal bugaboo anyway that it refused to go into detail about) so even though Marvel bought Malibu it quietly dumped the characters into limbo after a swarm of crossover events that are technically still canon but they pretend never happened. Thus where the Black Knight spent a few years and the existence of a seventh Infinity Gem are these weird continuity vortexes.

It's a shame - Prime, Mantra, and the Strangers were all series I remember reading back then, and at least some of the characters could be interesting if referenced again.
    Didn't some of them seem a little rip-offy, though? Contrary totally looked like an Emma Frost clone, for openers.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Didn't some of them seem a little rip-offy, though? Contrary totally looked like an Emma Frost clone, for openers.
    It was the '90s. Creativity in superhero comics was somewhat lacking then.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Conan once killed a ninja using only his loincloth.

removed for nudity.
    Dat ass though.

In the second panel, Conan looks like Arm Fall Off Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    It was the '90s. Creativity in superhero comics was somewhat lacking then.
    Oh it was there.

You had to dig through a lot derivatives but it was there. Probably more than now.