View Poll Results: Should "Loving Submission" return?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

16 43.24%
  • Nah

21 56.76%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It could be just as recommend as all-star. You just trying to make something really awful sounds better and dismissing important voices of women. that just not a good thing to do
    I don't think the book is really awful, so I'm not defending something I think is bad.

Wasn't my intention, I just wanted to point out that not all female readers of the book found something objectionable about it. Same as the fact that there were probably male readers who found something offensive about it, as well as those who loved it. Though I guess inspiring discussions on whether something is offensive/scandalous/sexist/outrageous or not is what Wonder Woman is all about. She was promoting feminism and same sex relations between women in the 1940s after all.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because it is how it should be. Dina just don't need a father, then when they try to have Diana having a father it just feels wrong.

Like a woman having her child with her own rapist? screw that

woman having her kid sleeping with a married man/serial rapist? what kind of feminist tale you think you are doing?

I remember the rogue one producer saying that if they had to do many crazy devices to keep characters alive, they should just kill them.
    Nobody is forcing these creators to execute this in such a bizarre way. They can tell a story where Hippolyta sleeps with a man without him being married and having a history as an abuser, or the man who threatened her with rape. In the Silver Age, Hippolyta's true love was some sailor named Prince Theno. Why not just have that mortal guy be her dad whose dead before the story begins and let that be the end of it? Or my idea to have Hippolyta and Hercules have consensual sex before their falling out...if they even need to go to war with each other at all. Make Theseus the bad guy and leave Herc alone.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 03-26-2017 at 02:43 PM.