View Poll Results: Should "Loving Submission" return?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

16 43.24%
  • Nah

21 56.76%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    *takes a deep breath* Okay, here goes. -

It means, or at least heavily implies, Diana enjoys being restrained and/or restraining her partner(s) during sexual activity so one party submits to the whims of the other.
    How did sex become a part of it? It means to submit without malice in any situation.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    How did sex become a part of it? It means to submit without malice in any situation.
    Because of Marston, the subtext has been there from the start like it (which I don't) or not you can't ignore the fact when the topic is broached.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-26-2021 at 09:42 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I voted Yay. It can be interpreted as humility and allowing yourself to be vulnerable so you can confront your truth. It doesn't have to be a sexual thing but the suggestion/implication could still be kept.

I think implication is better than outright confirming it. There is a lot of bondage imagery in Batman comics as well. How many times do we see Batman or Robin getting tied up by villains, usually either Catwoman or Poison Ivy? DC is never going to outright say Batman and Catwoman are into BDSM but there is enough implication for it to tantalize the reader.