Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I prefer designs that are old school and comicbooky stupid. They have more energy and personality than the "realistic" outfits they try to force onto everyone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Even the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance II video game got a good take on 616 Norman, as it was set during the events of the first Civil War.

I like this look--still classic Green Goblin, but even more creepy and intimidating.

I like this one
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like this one
    It's a design I think they should partially look to if they ever do another big-screen Green Goblin or Hobgoblin.

We've never gotten a good-looking Goblin onscreen in live action, IMO.

I still like the Dafoe Goblin suit .

BANNED

616 Goblin is scarier and more disformed in terms of character concept and thematically.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still like the Dafoe Goblin suit .
    It fit the aesthetic Raimi had with the early Spidey films, I admit, but I'd like to see something less plastic-y & armored going forward.

Like putting him in a hood or cloak for instance--would up the intimidation factor.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Even the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance II video game got a good take on 616 Norman, as it was set during the events of the first Civil War.

I like this look--still classic Green Goblin, but even more creepy and intimidating.

Oh yeah, I like that one. Looks like they added some elements of Alex Ross' Green Goblin concept for the '02 movie.

rossgoblin.jpg
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Most of the time I prefer the old school and comic bookey styles. But in this case I like them both equally. Which is also to say I'm kind of meh about both of them at this point.

616 Green Goblin - Good design for its era, but he's kind of grown beyond it and I prefer Norman not to wear the costume nowadays.

Ultimate Green Goblin - Not as unique a design, kind of a generic monster man. But I feel his look is more timeless because of that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Oh yeah, I like that one. Looks like they added some elements of Alex Ross' Green Goblin concept for the '02 movie.

rossgoblin.jpg
    I mean, its not quite traditional Norman Green Goblin, but its awesome.

How do you go from that,

to this:

and this?:

616 Green Goblin forever
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I mean, its not quite traditional Norman Green Goblin, but its awesome.

How do you go from that,

to this:

and this?:

I'm not a hundred percent sure about the original GG in the first movie; I think it was to give the character a sense of realism, hence the armor over the rubber suit. (I also recall that they tested an animatronic mask that looked more like the comics, but discarded it on the grounds that it would seem unlikely for the character to go to the trouble of building one in-universe.)

They actually explained what the costume designers had in mind for New Goblin in SM3 on the 2-disc DVD and BluRay releases; the idea was that Harry wasn't interested in becoming a new supervillain, just killing Spider-Man. So, the costume was designed with the idea that Harry just wanted something that would allow him to carry out that mission, no extra frills and ruffles. (In fact, in the movie, Harry never officially becomes Green Goblin II; Peter sarcastically calls him "Goblin, Jr." at one point, but the idea of the Harry Osborn Green Goblin from the comics is only symbolically shown, not literally.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm not a hundred percent sure about the original GG in the first movie; I think it was to give the character a sense of realism, hence the armor over the rubber suit. (I also recall that they tested an animatronic mask that looked more like the comics, but discarded it on the grounds that it would seem unlikely for the character to go to the trouble of building one in-universe.)

They actually explained what the costume designers had in mind for New Goblin in SM3 on the 2-disc DVD and BluRay releases; the idea was that Harry wasn't interested in becoming a new supervillain, just killing Spider-Man. So, the costume was designed with the idea that Harry just wanted something that would allow him to carry out that mission, no extra frills and ruffles. (In fact, in the movie, Harry never officially becomes Green Goblin II; Peter sarcastically calls him "Goblin, Jr." at one point, but the idea of the Harry Osborn Green Goblin from the comics is only symbolically shown, not literally.)
    And yet he rode around on a glider, lol.

And he put so little thought into his costume that he rode on a suped-up rocket high above the city with no form of head protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I prefer designs that are old school and comicbooky stupid. They have more energy and personality than the "realistic" outfits they try to force onto everyone these days.
    Why does anybody use the term realistic to describe these designs? They're just different. And even the old days, characters changed their costumes.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

616 Green Goblin all the way. He also looked dope redesigned in Marvel Knights: SM.

Don't like what I've seen of Ultimate Goblin at all. But Ultimate Norman is one nasty mofo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    616 Goblin hands-down.

Hokey and silly as the 616 Goblin looks, it's proven to be a very versatile and iconic costume all the same, and Norman wouldn't be the same without his "mask" like Peter has his.

And it's just not the Goblin without Pumpkin Bombs and a Glider.
    Agreed 100%, 616 Goblin ftw!

616 Goblin, he is awesome sauce... most of the time.