Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default How would an adult Jean return impact the status quo?

Let's just say adult Jean is now back as a result of a future storyline like say Generations and is now alive for good. Do you think there would be any changes to the cast or direction of the current X-Books? How would this affect the chances of other dead or missing characters coming back? This topic is not for discussing the chances of Jean coming back, but how her return would affect the books.

I've always wonder what the direction of the x-books would have been like now if Jean had survive Morrison's run. The human/mutant relationship took a step forward while she was around. Her return would definitely affect the x-world. There's lots of stories to explore here and many questions to get to.
    First X-Lady

If she came now, she'd be returning to a time where Scott, Logan, and Charles are all dead. I think the first two for sure would eventually come back because of obvious reasons

I would imagine teen Jean would stay in the world of the X-men and Adult Jean would join a group of heavy hitters like the Uncanny Avengers or Ultimates. What's most likely to happen is that teen Jean and adult Jean will merge into one being, with teen Jean being the body and mind but with all the memories and personality of the adult. Because she would have direct access to her adult counterpart, she can make different decisions as to avoid the making the same " mistakes" if you will. Just imagine that you are 35 and you wake up up one day but you are now 17 years old but with all of the knowledge and memories of your adult self.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    If she came now, she'd be returning to a time where Scott, Logan, and Charles are all dead.
    and this here is already a story in waiting.
    First X-Lady

I really have no idea what place would she have on the current X-Men status quo. For years, I have always wanted her to return on the role Kitty has now, as the leader of the X-Men(well, more like a Xavier figure taking care of the school than field-leading like Kitty will do but still) who brings hope and fights for Xavier's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I would imagine teen Jean would stay in the world of the X-men and Adult Jean would join a group of heavy hitters like the Uncanny Avengers or Ultimates. What's most likely to happen is that teen Jean and adult Jean will merge into one being, with teen Jean being the body and mind but with all the memories and personality of the adult. Because she would have direct access to her adult counterpart, she can make different decisions as to avoid the making the same " mistakes" if you will. Just imagine that you are 35 and you wake up up one day but you are now 17 years old but with all of the knowledge and memories of your adult self.
    There's so many people talking about this idea, maybe we should sent emails to Marvel or something, really.

This would be the second time Jean would awaken and be quite behind with all that has happened since she left.

Not sure Jean would want to be a headmistress of a school at this point. She might not even want to be on a regular team, like in her previous X-Men days.

I see Jean perhaps wanting to protect the planet as part of a cosmic team, dealing with huge and uber-powerful threats. In order to protect the Earth, sometimes this team would venture to other world's to deal with the threat so that it would never arrive here in the first place.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Morrison should have never been allowed to kill her off to begin with. If she was around now she would probably be the "xavier" to Scott's "magneto". She would be the one holding on to Xaviers dream the most and be at total odds with the things Scott has done. The fact that they used to be married would an even deeper level of storytelling to the divide.

She was always the more logic one to oppose Scott way more than trying to force Wolverine or Storm into that role.

i would love for her to return and take the garbage 05 back to their time. they've worn out their welcome and aren't interesting. bring back classic cyclops and jean, it's been way too long for the latter

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    and this here is already a story in waiting.
    A sad story in fact. Those are the people she loved most (Wolverine is arguable). Those are also the X-men I love reading about the most along with Emma, Rogue and Jean herself.

Ultimate Member

I still think that it'd be cool to see a Scott/Emma team taking Magneto's old position and a Logan/Jean team taking Xavier's and go from there...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I still think that it'd be cool to see a Scott/Emma team taking Magneto's old position and a Logan/Jean team taking Xavier's and go from there...
    I'd be cool with that as well. But Scott's dead and what Logan do you want her with. The young or the old one? Young Logan is dead as well.

Bringing back Logan isn't really a problem though due to his powers. Some mad scientist could do it. Cyclops on the other hand is pushing daisies. Though since only two people saw his body, it's possible Emma faked his death. Or maybe he died, but she contained his mind and made a clone body of him or something.

The universe was recreated after Secret Wars. Maybe the o5 don't have a past to go back to. Maybe they could all be merged with their other selves.

If you mean X-23, then yes.

Fantastic Member

Wouldn't that basically just be the pre-SW status quo, except with Jean? I just want to see the X-Men united for a while.

Fantastic Member

I know it's been this way for awhile but it just hit me that Professor X, Jean Grey, Scott Summers and Wolverine are all dead.