Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I would imagine teen Jean would stay in the world of the X-men and Adult Jean would join a group of heavy hitters like the Uncanny Avengers or Ultimates. What's most likely to happen is that teen Jean and adult Jean will merge into one being, with teen Jean being the body and mind but with all the memories and personality of the adult. Because she would have direct access to her adult counterpart, she can make different decisions as to avoid the making the same " mistakes" if you will. Just imagine that you are 35 and you wake up up one day but you are now 17 years old but with all of the knowledge and memories of your adult self.
    Phoenix in Ultimates would be amazing she would fit perfectly.

Helping Archangel sort himself out will finally be the X-Men priority it ought to be for one.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Xavier can stay dead honestly I would prefer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Wouldn't that basically just be the pre-SW status quo, except with Jean? I just want to see the X-Men united for a while.
    Yeah, been there, done that

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    I know it's been this way for awhile but it just hit me that Professor X, Jean Grey, Scott Summers and Wolverine are all dead.
    more than half this team is dead. 5 out of 7 members? Yikes!

Last edited by Havok83; 03-26-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Right now, not much. With Emma going villainous and Cyclops, Wolverine, Xavier, etc, all gone, then what's the point really? Basically, all the story that could be mined out of her return isn't there because the characters that would be more affected aren't around.

That last cover always bothered me. It should have been Jean flying and Emma in the telepathic pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah, been there, done that

more than half this team is dead. 5 out of 7 members? Yikes!

I always wanted a pair of New X-men Frankenstein boots!

With CHARLES.SCOTT and LOGAN being dead she'd probably have a nervous breakdown and become the DARK PHOENIX again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Right now, not much. With Emma going villainous and Cyclops, Wolverine, Xavier, etc, all gone, then what's the point really? Basically, all the story that could be mined out of her return isn't there because the characters that would be more affected aren't around.
    Perhaps she'd join the Ultimates or Guardians of the Galaxy. Cosmic stuff is big these days. The XMen are fighting a Herald of Galactus. Or she could even get her own book. Perhaps Jeen's book will transition over to Afult Jean's book.

Marvel at some point may decide to send the o5 back, and focus more on their adult selves. It turns out it was Emma doing the villainous stuff in IvX and Death of X, so Adult Cyclops is clear there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    With CHARLES.SCOTT and LOGAN being dead she'd probably have a nervous breakdown and become the DARK PHOENIX again.
    The whole point of Jeen was to develop Jean Grey as a character beyond those three and they've done a good job with that.

BANNED

Some fans prefer a merger between Jean and Jeen where Jeen absorbs the actual memories of her older self and manifests the Phoenix. I'm good with that if the o5 never return to their time.

It's really a mess at this point because sending them back would change the past and the characters have been through changes that cannot be mind wiped away. Angel's power upgrade, and Beast's connection to magic. Supernatural forces will find you wherever in the space/time continuum.

BANNED

She hasn't reated to what Scott became..a wannabe Magneto who was banging a blonde, arrogant, pretentious woman the whole time she was dead. Evee since they broke them up, they been having Scott act like a whole different character..that was never believable to me considering he was a mutant Captain America for 40 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    The Professor is who caused that Jean decided to commit suicide back then during the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It does seem like a missed oppurtunity to bring her back now as there was more to play witha few years ago. Not just those characters but the X-world status quo with Schism, being an endangered species, X-Force, etc... Things now for all intents and purposes are back to where they were when she died

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    That last cover always bothered me. It should have been Jean flying and Emma in the telepathic pose.
    thats Emma's latent TK at work...lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Some fans prefer a merger between Jean and Jeen where Jeen absorbs the actual memories of her older self and manifests the Phoenix. I'm good with that if the o5 never return to their time.

It's really a mess at this point because sending them back would change the past and the characters have been through changes that cannot be mind wiped away. Angel's power upgrade, and Beast's connection to magic. Supernatural forces will find you wherever in the space/time continuum.
    I don't have a problem with the O5, per se, at least I don't have a GrrrrHate! for them like a lot of people on this board do. My only real problem with them is they seem to come in a set. The assumption seems to be that if they are sent back to their own time, then it's all or nothing. Personally, I have no use for young Beast and Angel. Jeen, Tyke, and Iceman are fine with me, but they can get rid of Beast and Angel. But I feel like killing them off or sending just them either to limbo or back to their time isn't a viable option (at least currently). They did separate Jeen and Tyke for awhile, so that might be an option. But overall, I think Marvel sees them as a set. That's the part I don't like.