Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This is not Morrison killing of Jean. This is later writers not wanting to deal with it, or being told by their editors Jean is not coming back, and retconning the WHR to be some kind of afterlife.
    He killed Jean, and had whatever popped out of the Phoenix egg erased the potential timeline where whatever that was popped out of a Phoenix egg.

Unless there is some epilogue that I never ran into, it is just about set in stone.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-28-2017 at 01:17 AM.

This is not Morrison killing of Jean. This is later writers not wanting to deal with it, or being told by their editors Jean is not coming back, and retconning the WHR to be some kind of afterlife.
    Retconning ?, can you tell me where it was said that the White Hot Room is not an afterlife ?.

I still think Marvel is a long way away from bringing adult Jean Grey back. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad she's likely to make an appearance in Generations, but I doubt her adult self is returning anytime soon. I think Marvel likes what they've set up with Teen Jean. She's young. She's powerful. She's recognizable. She checks all the boxes in terms of being a great female hero at a time when Marvel wants more female heroes in their comics. While an adult Jean Grey could do even more, I don't think the current editorial staff is eager to change what's working thus far. Maybe if sales dip, they'll take that chance. For now, I think we're at least several years off from an adult Jean Grey returning.

If she did return, though, I think she would affect the status quo, but only in terms of how the X-men were structured. She would be more of a unifying force for every X-men team. We saw her basically assuming Xavier's role towards the end of Grant Morrison's run. I can easily see her settling back into that role, becoming the new architect of Xavier's dream. I'm not sure how the team would be organized though. I can see her having a role similar to what Storm had in Extraordinary X-men. I can also see her uniting various factions of the X-men, creating a larger, more cohesive team. Under Jean, the X-men could be more like the Justice League rather than a scattered mish-mash of various teams. There would still be tension. Jean would definitely be less reluctant to work closely with Magneto. I also don't think she'd tolerate a team like X-Force as much as Cyclops and Wolverine did. I can also see her trying to strengthen ties with the Avengers. She's always been more of a diplomat than Cyclops, who is more of a field leader than anything else. That's probably her greatest strength when it comes to guiding the X-men. When she talks, people are more inclined to listen. They want to follow her and don't just feel like they have to, which definitely sets her apart from other characters like Emma Frost.

It's hard to say just how big an impact she would have, but like I said, it's doubtful she'll be back in the near future. O5 Jean is just too successful as a character right now. Her story is likely to continue for the foreseeable future and who knows what sort of status quo we'll have when adult Jean finally does come back.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Simply she could be a mentor to the younger Jean that's what I would prefer if the older Jean does come back from the dead and stays alive post generations.

I must say the older jeans reaction to Scott being killed and Emma's turn to the dark side and the events of Ivx it also will be interesting especially if she also finds out that the magneto that killed her wasn't really magneto but an imposter named xorn.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 03-28-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Lurker

I would love to see Jean's return and her reaction to Scott, Charles and Logan all being dead. I'd think she'd want to reunite Beast with the X-Men and help Archangel regain his humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Simply she could be a mentor to the younger Jean that's what I would prefer if the older Jean does come back from the dead and stays alive post generations.

I must say the older jeans reaction to Scott being killed and Emma's turn to the dark side and the events of Ivx it also will be interesting especially if she also finds out that the magneto that killed her wasn't really magneto but an imposter named xorn.
    Im pretty sure she already knows that (except maybe Emma's since that so recent)
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-28-2017 at 06:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Retconning ?, can you tell me where it was said that the White Hot Room is not an afterlife ?.
    That's not how it works. Can you tell me where it says it is one?

That's how it works if a writer says so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im pretty sure she already knows that (except maybe Emma's since that so recent)
    Oh now doubt I wonder if this means the older Jean grey will face off against Emma frost since we know that Emma and the older Jean kinda had a rivalry.

Morrison wanted to change Jean, not kill her.

According to him, Phoenix and Jean had became one. So being dead should only be temporary in this new conception. I like that idea way way more than what they done with phoenix since then.

Last yearsIt seemed like a prostitution of the phoenix force. And with it, it would seem any idea of Jean = Phoenix was discarded. Since they used the phoenix in a lot of different ways and in different people.

If it were to morissonīs conception, Jean just needed to rebirth or come from an egg or whatever. And that would be totally plausible if they didnīt started to give phienix force to any character like it was candy.

The most interesting part in Jean + Phoenix was that the Phoenix didnīt define Jean as a character, but it was JEAN what made phoenix interesting. IN any other incarnation, the phoenix took over the host to the point you were seeing another character. With Jean + Phoenix you always saw Jean.
    Last edited by Gortam; 03-28-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Well, you were the one that mentioned a retcon; but a retcon does not work with headcanons.

I think she would make a better mentor for the 05 then Magneto. One great impact to the status quo would be more enjoyable x men stories