Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Default Collected Edition of 90's CATWOMAN coming in September

Bleedingcool.com reports that CATWOMAN by Jim Balent, book one will be a collection of the 90's series; issues 0-14. It will be on sale in September. I'm happy to see this. I enjoyed the 90's Catwoman a lot more than that of the 2000's.

Incredible Member

I'm glad DC are going to release this series after completing the 2000's series of Catwoman. I've only read the first 4 issues (Knightfall tie-ins) so cant wait to read more! Really loving these 90's era Bat-title collections from DC we have been getting

Boobies!!!!!!
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I'm glad DC are going to release this series after completing the 2000's series of Catwoman. I've only read the first 4 issues (Knightfall tie-ins) so cant wait to read more! Really loving these 90's era Bat-title collections from DC we have been getting
    Yeah this too
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Spectacular Member Huntsman1117's Avatar

Although her body was exaggerated (as were the X-Men, drawn by Jim Lee - particularly Psylocke), Catwoman looked overall better when drawn by Jim Balent.
    Catwoman was also more of an action star in this series. Her martial arts and gymnastics skills were much more impressive then compared to today.

Back to the era where characters didn't have to be 'realistic' ... just fun superhero stories in impractical costumes ... but they were fun.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I would have liked it if the first (4-issue) mini-series ''Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper'' was included in the first volume, but that trade is still pretty easy to come by; probably the reason why DC will not include them in the upcoming trade...
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

This pleases Crom.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

BANNED

Damn, what a pleasant surprise! I'm sold!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I would have liked it if the first (4-issue) mini-series ''Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper'' was included in the first volume, but that trade is still pretty easy to come by; probably the reason why DC will not include them in the upcoming trade...
    That would be nice but since this is titled as "By Balent" don't expect anything not by him to be included! (Hopefully there are no fill-in issues done by someone else during his run!)

It would be cool if DC would also release a trade of the pre-Balent/non-Balent miniseries (The Tin Roof Club, Sisters Keeper, Defiant, Catwoman/Wildcat) as well

i remember Byrne stealing a lot of comics from this volume. haven't read them since. might be fun to check out.

Although a lot it is forgettable, this series had one of the best Scarecrow stories ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    That would be nice but since this is titled as "By Balent" don't expect anything not by him to be included! (Hopefully there are no fill-in issues done by someone else during his run!)
    I own all of the original issues. Jim Balent did issues 1-77 without a single fill in. And he also did issue #0 in 1994, the annual in 1995, and issue #1,000,000 in 1998. So from 1993-1999 Jim Balent drew 80 Catwoman comic books. Impressive.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    I own all of the original issues. Jim Balent did issues 1-77 without a single fill in. And he also did issue #0 in 1994, the annual in 1995, and issue #1,000,000 in 1998. So from 1993-1999 Jim Balent drew 80 Catwoman comic books. Impressive.
    Ah cool thanks, glad to see there wont be any missed issues in this TPB series! Hopefully they will include 0, 1,000,000 and the annuals (which they have been including in the Wally West Flash & Robin TPB's)

BANNED

Jim Balent art: "Just draw big circles."