Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    In that vein I'd love to see a Jimmy/Jon story .." Jimmy Olsen's pal Jon Kent in which Jimmy and Jon have a mad cap adventure together. Perhaps take a page out of the silver age and have Jimmy transform into elastic lad or turtle boy forcing Jon to have to pull his supposed baby sitter's butt out of the fire. Maybe toss in Project Cadmus or the Harries for some more wackiness.
    Ha! I love it! You got my vote!

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

1.Jon Kent meets Hyperman!
    2. A Kon-El Jon Kent team up
    3. Superboy Meets Superboy! Clark meets Jon during a LOSH adventure
    4. Jon should be best friends with Keith, the recurring character from the old man of steel series

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    1. Jon aka Superman Secondus. I basically want him to get the Franklin Richards treatment where his older self meets his parents and his younger self. I'd love it if he stuck around for a little bit like older Franklin did. This way we could get him in Super Sons, Superman, Action, and maybe even Justice League.

2. Jon and cousin Susie. Susie is Jon's cousin. Susie is a neo sapien with vast telepathic powers. Jon and Susie would have obvious parallels to Clark/Kara and Lois/Lucy. It's not hard AT ALL. In fact, back in the golden age Superman would have to babysit her, and apparently Mxy would join in. Jon has newly formed relationship with Mxy. Put him in place of Superman. BAM, fun story.

3. Superboy Squared. (shout outs to Dispenser of Truth) Jon goes to the future for summer break and meets their other Superboy. Jon gets to see all of the humanizing awkwardness of his adolescent dad. Young Clark finally feels like he's found someone who is amazingly relatable to him and his situation. Then we get the heartbreaking moment when Jon realizing that his dad won't remember any of this at the end of summer vacation.

4. Jon and Kathy's Multiversal road trip. Remember how Darkseid and Superdoomsday have apparently killed a bunch of Supermen in the multiverse? Well, as soon as Jon officially became part of the DC multiverse (remember he was born outside of time and space before Reborn) a whole bunch of versions of him starting appearing in the multiverse. And a lot of them are filling the voids left by the dead Supermen. The multiverse is using Jon to heal it's wounds. Jon and Kathy will be quantum leaping from one world to the next. This would be in Super Sons and each world would have it's own Damian who helps them along. It's sort of a homage to Superboy: Hypertime

5. Superman and Son IN SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE. It's been made very clear that Jon loves all things space, so imagine how pumped the kid gets when his pops says that they're going on a father/son space camping trip?! It starts off innocent enough, and the two end up helping an alien race that's in trouble. However, the mini arc ends with Clark packing up the gear to go home, and seeing no sign of his son. Jon is lost somewhere in the vastness of space.

6. Superboy: Amber Alert . Clark calls in favors from the GLs, and some space-ready heroes volunteer to search. It's literally just a dad looking for his kid with the help of volunteers and the cops, but since it's Superman........it's in space, there's an intergalactic police force, and guys in costumes. Meanwhile, Lois is back on Earth feeling pretty helpless, but she starts to notice strange and seemingly paranormal activity going on around her. It turns out that it's Jon trying to contact his mom from where he's at. He and the scared baby universe of Qward are in a higher dimension running from something sinister. F#$K YEAH YA'LL, STRANGER THINGS MEETS SUPERMAN! I said it! Now do it!

7. Justice League of the future. Superboy, Robin, Nobody, and Susie along with others are the Justice League of the future. We follow a day in there lives told mainly from the perspectives of Jon and Damian. Jon's day job/secret identity is getting a start-up space aeronautics company off the ground with his pals from college. The sad catch is that Jon can't train to be an astronaut for his company for obvious reasons.

8. Jon's naming ceremony. Kara talks to Clark and Lois about the importance of exposing Jon to his Kryptonian heritage, so she suggest that they perform a naming ceremony. Jon must study Kryptonian customs, language, and history to prep for it. Kara is his instructor (along with Clark and Lois' because he's a little rusty, and she's interested). While Jon is studying, he decides to take a look around the Fortress and he find holograms of large chucks of Krypton's history. It's a homage to the Golden age story of Superman going back in time to see Krypton.

9. The Kents go to Kandor. Kandor is once again a Kryptonian city that has been miniaturized. Clark decides that the family should go visit the city and meet distant relatives. This is akin to a first generation (born in America) Nigerian takes his family on a trip to Nigeria. But because it's Superman.....they're being shrunken down and entering a miniaturized city. Clark's relative Van-Zee is the tour guide, and the whole thing is from Jon's perspective.

10. Superboy's Uncle Jimmy Olsen. Jimmy and Superboy go on an ill advised adventure.
    These are some great ideas!

Astonishing Member

Jon and Damian body swap. Jon has to deal with not having powers, while Damian gets a warmer family experience than he usually does.

Jon visits Damian at the Teen Titan's tower. He gets to see his peers in the superhero community and work as part of a team. This also creates a source of tension between Jon and his parents.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

So many excellent ideas here. I think I want them all to happen. Here's my contribution.

Jonathan and Goliath's Excellent Adventure: One day Jon finds himself kidnapped by Damian's pet Goliath who is frantic because Damian has gone missing. This leads to a whirlwind set of adventures wherein Jon and Goliath must follow cryptic clues in order to save their friend.

Down on the Kent Farm: Jon and his family spend what is supposed to be a quiet week in Smallville with Grandma Kent. All is not right in Clark's hometown though as Mxy returns to play another one of his games only this time he wants Jon to play with him.

A Super-Family Reunion: Clark decides it about time for Jon to meet the rest of the family so they have a reunion down on the Kent Farm. Things go a little haywire when a dimensional rift opens up in a field nearby and they get visited by a host of multiversal Supers.

A Most Bizarro Day Jon is staying at Wayne Manor for the weekend for some downtime with Damian . Coincidentally the Outlaws are in town for a little down time of their own. What happens when Jon comes face to face with the team's Bizarro?
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-25-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

@magha_regulus and @Mister BoMan: thanks for the kind words! And I'd be really pumped for a Jon and Susie story too. Really hope the team gets on that in the near future.

-Growing up Super. I'd frame this as a 4 or 5 page back-up rather than a full story. The idea takes full advantage of the new Reborn timeline. Basically ever since Jon was born, regardless of if he knew it or not, he was knee deep in the world of the mystery men. The story would follow a 3 year old Jon. The Kents are invited to a summer cookout. Clark's "work friends", as they were called, come up to young Jon and jokingly comment on his great grip, and make similar knowing comments like that. We follow Jon around the party as he catches glimpses of capes tucked into cargo short, and partially visible domino mask stuffed into pockets. It would all culminate in Jon catching a quick glimpse of his dad's friend Barry in a strange suit, but then in the blink of an eye he's wearing a button down shirt again. Superboy meets Rugrats. Drawn by Chris Samnee

-Goodnight Superboy. The whole Kent household is sound asleep. In fact, it seems like the whole city is riding the dream town express. Live Wire and Parasite are cozy in bed together at a hideout as they cycle energy between each other. Lex is fast asleep at his workbench. Even the Action Ace himself, Superman, called it an early night. But something isn't quite right. Young Superboy tosses and turns in his bed. Jon is taken to a Wizard of Oz-like world. There are analogs to everyone he knows. And Krypto talks! It starts out innocent and fun, but soon a sinister nightmare finds it's way into the dream. It's up to Jon and Krypto free the great hero trapped in the "deep place" and stop the Nightmare Man from taking over the world of sleep. Guest appearances by Dream of the Endless who guides Jon cryptically. And also the Phantom King who is in fact the Nightmare Man. Remember during sleep the walls grow thin between the Zone and the real world. At the end Jon tells his mom about the adventure, and she says, you guessed it, "Jonathan Kent, you have some imagination." It's Superman meets Oz meets Little Nemo. I'd like to see Frank Quitely draw this.

-
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-26-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

When Clark met Jon A lot of you suggested a LSH set meeting between the original Superboy and his son. I'm going to go with a different take. Mxyzptlk sets up a game for Jon which deposits the young Superboy in Smallville a few decades in the past. The objective is for Jon to get his father's help so Jon can return to the present. The catch is Jon can't alter history or give Clark "spoilers". Jon also finds an obstacle in Clark who doesn't really want to lose the first person he's found like himself.

Superman for a Day- Jon and Clark meets Freaky Friday.

1. Jon aka Superman Secondus. I basically want him to get the Franklin Richards treatment where his older self meets his parents and his younger self. I'd love it if he stuck around for a little bit like older Franklin did. This way we could get him in Super Sons, Superman, Action, and maybe even Justice League.

2. Jon and cousin Susie. Susie is Jon's cousin. Susie is a neo sapien with vast telepathic powers. Jon and Susie would have obvious parallels to Clark/Kara and Lois/Lucy. It's not hard AT ALL. In fact, back in the golden age Superman would have to babysit her, and apparently Mxy would join in. Jon has newly formed relationship with Mxy. Put him in place of Superman. BAM, fun story.

3. Superboy Squared. (shout outs to Dispenser of Truth) Jon goes to the future with the Legion of Superheroes for summer break and meets their other Superboy, Clark. Jon gets to see all of the humanizing awkwardness of his adolescent dad. Young Clark finally feels like he's found someone who is amazingly relatable to him and his situation. Then we get the heartbreaking moment with Jon realizing that his dad won't remember any of this at the end of summer vacation.

4. Jon and Kathy's Multiversal road trip. Remember how Darkseid and Superdoomsday have apparently killed a bunch of Supermen in the multiverse? Well, as soon as Jon officially became part of the DC multiverse (remember he was born outside of time and space before Reborn) a whole bunch of versions of him starting appearing in the multiverse. And a lot of them are filling the voids left by the dead Supermen. The multiverse is using Jon to heal it's wounds. Jon and Kathy will be quantum leaping from one world to the next. This would be in Super Sons and each world would have it's own Damian who helps them along. It's sort of a homage to Superboy: Hypertime

5. Superman and Son IN SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE. It's been made very clear that Jon loves all things space, so imagine how pumped the kid gets when his pops says that they're going on a father/son space camping trip?! It starts off innocent enough, and the two end up helping an alien race that's in trouble. However, the mini arc ends with Clark packing up the gear to go home, and seeing no sign of his son. Jon is lost somewhere in the vastness of space.

6. Superboy: Amber Alert . Clark calls in favors from the GLs, and some space-ready heroes volunteer to search. It's literally just a dad looking for his kid with the help of volunteers and the cops, but since it's Superman........it's in space, there's an intergalactic police force, and guys in costumes. Meanwhile, Lois is back on Earth feeling pretty helpless, but she starts to notice strange and seemingly paranormal activity going on around her. It turns out that it's Jon trying to contact his mom from where he's at. He and the scared baby universe of Qward are in a higher dimension running from something sinister. F#$K YEAH YA'LL, STRANGER THINGS MEETS SUPERMAN! I said it! Now do it!

7. Justice League of the future. Superboy, Robin, Nobody, and Susie along with others are the Justice League of the future. We follow a day in there lives told mainly from the perspectives of Jon and Damian. Jon's day job/secret identity is getting a start-up space aeronautics company off the ground with his pals from college. The sad catch is that Jon can't train to be an astronaut for his company for obvious reasons.

8. Jon's naming ceremony. Kara talks to Clark and Lois about the importance of exposing Jon to his Kryptonian heritage, so she suggest that they perform a naming ceremony. Jon must study Kryptonian customs, language, and history to prep for it. Kara is his instructor (along with Clark and Lois' because he's a little rusty, and she's interested). While Jon is studying, he decides to take a look around the Fortress and he find holograms of large chucks of Krypton's history. It's a homage to the Golden age story of Superman going back in time to see Krypton.

9. The Kents go to Kandor. Kandor is once again a Kryptonian city that has been miniaturized. Clark decides that the family should go visit the city and meet distant relatives. This is akin to a first generation (born in America) Nigerian takes his family on a trip to Nigeria. But because it's Superman.....they're being shrunken down and entering a miniaturized city. Clark's relative Van-Zee is the tour guide, and the whole thing is from Jon's perspective.

10. Superboy's Uncle Jimmy Olsen. Jimmy and Superboy go on an ill advised adventure.
    Excellent ideas. Why don't you join DC and write stories like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    When Clark met Jon A lot of you suggested a LSH set meeting between the original Superboy and his son. I'm going to go with a different take. Mxyzptlk sets up a game for Jon which deposits the young Superboy in Smallville a few decades in the past. The objective is for Jon to get his father's help so Jon can return to the present. The catch is Jon can't alter history or give Clark "spoilers". Jon also finds an obstacle in Clark who doesn't really want to lose the first person he's found like himself.
    This is a really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Excellent ideas. Why don't you join DC and write stories like this?
    Haha thank you for such a generous compliment. But if I'm honest, deadlines for art freak me out. Regardless of what I could think up, I know in myself that I wouldn't be cut out for it. However, be on the look out for my good buddy Dispenser of Truth! His ideas are just as good if not better! Hell, he's the originator of the "Superboy Squared" idea. Fortune willing, DC will notice his talent. That's probably my most anticipated Superman run
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-26-2017 at 02:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    This is a really good idea.
    Too bad Marvel did it years ago with Mayday Parker and her dad.

(though this sort of idea is a familiar trope in comic book fiction anyway)

-Baby Planning. We follow Clark and Lois over the course of 8 and a half months as they plan for Jon's birth. Each page is basically skip forward in time. It's a one issue thing. We see Lois trying to sneak back into work and being caught by Perry. We see Clark crouched down at Pa's grave site. We see that Lois is still keeping up with the news, and she's, comically, going a little stir crazy while reading/watching mediocre reporting. We see Clark "baby proofing" and redecorating the Fortress. We see Lois and Clark going to birthing appointments with Pieter Cross aka Doctor Mid-Nite, the superhero physician. We see Clark up late at night plowing through every known birthing text on Earth and in his Kryptonian files. He's apparnetly done this every night since the got the news. Finally we see them in bed together, and still totally freaked out by the very prospect of this whole thing. End the issue with Lois saying "Clark, it's time!"

-Superboy and Jimmy Olsen: Lost in the Fortress. Jon and Jimmy are very bad influences on one another. The two mean well, I swear. But, there's something about their shared brand of optimism and insatiable curiosity that seems to land them into trouble when they're together. Frankly, I think it's Lois rubbing off on them. If you add in the prospect of going into Superman's top secret room in the Fortress, well, no good can come of it, I'm sure. The two have caught fleeting glimpses of the room from time to time, but have never been invited in. So one day they decide to trick Kelex into letting them in. What ensues after that can only be depicted accurately by the most M.C. Escher-esque of minds as the two make their way through Superman's "Forever Room." What is Superman keeping from the outside world, and can Jimmy get himself and the young Superboy out of their before the big guy gets back?

BANNED

A team up with Teen Titans and along side Damian the current Outlaws and also Nightwing seem like no brainers to me.
    Jon gets stuck in 666 Gotham. I know people have thrown the idea of them meeting their adult counteroarts but I think one of them meeting the others counterpart would result in a superior reading experience.

I really like the Sam Lane idea. General Lane has traditionally had a staunch anti-alien policy. What would happen when he finds out that his grandson is half Kryptonian? Lots of good story potential.

I would also love to see Jon interact with the Legion of Superheroes. Maybe the Legion shows up looking for Kal but Jon somehow gets caught up in the adventure.

Haha thank you for such a generous compliment. But if I'm honest, deadlines for art freak me out. Regardless of what I could think up, I know in myself that I wouldn't be cut out for it. However, be on the look out for my good buddy Dispenser of Truth! His ideas are just as good if not better! Hell, he's the originator of the "Superboy Squared" idea. Fortune willing, DC will notice his talent. That's probably my most anticipated Superman run
    Alright.