Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Stories I'd like to see Jon in well I love the Jimmy idea, Also seeing him with Kid Flash (African-American Wally) would be cool maybe a kid race lol. Given the history merging in Action Comics 976 I hope Martha is alive and would to see Jon spend some time with his Grandma and her spoiling Jonathan's Namesake. Last I'd love for Connor to comeback he could maybe take up the Supernova persona from 52 thus he'd still be a Super. I believe Supernova's design and name was inspired from an old Elseworlds story from World's Finest where Clark Kent was a hero named Nova and wore a mask and costume similar but with a different color skim and seeing the New Superboy being mentored by Connor and having perhaps a brotherly relationship would be awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Another idea is that they could have some sort of story event age him up to the age of 18, and he sort of naturally is less involved with his parents' day to day lives. He could go off to college and be in a book called Superboy, or join the Titans, and people who want to read it could read those books.
    Stories where child characters are accelerated in age to avoid their childhood and skip over potentially years worth of investment from fans in both them and their parents has been done with Chris and is a dime a dozen trope in fiction, plus it takes away Jon's steadily growing kid brother dynamic with Damien.

One of the real joys I found in the recent arc of Invincible was that they had Mark miss out on his daughter's infancy, but not her childhood. Ditto for Spider-Man's Renew Your Vows title, where we skip over the infancy, but we get to see Annie in the prime of her pre-adolescence. Comics should take their time with giving us some much-needed innocence and endearing charm with their child characters.

BANNED

No offense guys but these ideas sound cheesy and lame to get invested in, super sons is trying to get jon up to speed in being cool enough to hang out with heroes that live off of cool, and not just dad either.

At least shake up the edgy in jons plots as supermans son, what about harley quinn. What about guy garderner, he needs a foil that he needs to play off of for once that isnt a boy who is borderline humorless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    these ideas sound cheesy and lame to get invested in.
    What is Billionaire Peter Parker?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    What is Billionaire Peter Parker?
    cooler than uncle jimmy olsen.

cooler than uncle jimmy olsen.
    At risk of sound confrontational. Neither Jimmy Olsen or CEO Peter Parker classified as cool in any level. The first one is a comedy charachter that gets involved in crazy stuff for the most part and the other one well... is Slott Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bonus Round

-Super Sons Run Away. Damian is fed up with his dad's aloofness and his lack of great standing in the superhero world. So he decides that he's going to run away. He stops at Jon's house in the middle of the night (mirroring issue #1 of Super Sons) and he veils his true intentions with the idea of wanting Jon's company (not help--he'll make that very clear lol) on a new case. Jon doesn't need x-ray eyes to see through this. He agrees, and they're off. It's basically Jon talking his friend down as they go on this strange little adventure that only lasts a few hours. It's Superboy and Robin in an off beat, sobering, but fun and heartwarming indie movie.
    That's a bad idea because it is based on 2 falsehoods.
    Damian told Bruce to piss off cos he want's to do like Grayson.
    Damian is the leader of the Teen Titans and Robin so don't know what you mean about lack of great standing in the superhero world [ Jon's is the character that lack's standing in the superhero world]

It is always a bad idea to bring down one character in order to build up another and Superman 10 & 11 did it and Supersons is already doing enough of that so NO enough piggying off Damian. Damian has done enough it's time for Jon to piggy off other people who aren't Damian.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-26-2017 at 08:20 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That's a bad idea because it is based on 2 falsehoods.
    Damian told Bruce to piss off cos he want's to do like Grayson.
    Damian is the leader of the Teen Titans and Robin so don't know what you mean about lack of great standing in the superhero world [ Jon's is the character that lack's standing in the superhero world]

It is always a bad idea to bring down one character in order to build up another and Superman 10 & 11 did it and Supersons is already doing enough of that so NO enough piggying off Damian. Damian has done enough it's time for Jon to piggy off other people who aren't Damian.
    Honestly, I didn't mean it in a way to suggest anything bad about Damian. The inciting incident that makes Damian run away could be something else. I'm not at all married to the incident I present. It's flimsy and more of just a place holder. My only sticking point would be that it not be too deep in lore. Super Sons is a very inviting book, and I'd like each story to be very simple to jump onto.

And the goal isn't at all to bring down Damian in order to prop Jon. The story would focus first and foremost on mutual development. So, no worries on that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-26-2017 at 10:27 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

-Jon, meet Jonny. The Jon and the Kent family teams up with the Jonny and the Quest family for a DCU/Hanna Barbera crossover mini (DCU-style) Crisis. Yes. This. Should. Happen. And the funny thing is, it can. Future Quest is part of the DCU in some sense. Think of the individual team ups between characters! Then after the initial, we do it again later but this time will the whole Future Quest cast and the whole Superman family!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-26-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    No offense guys but these ideas sound cheesy and lame to get invested in, super sons is trying to get jon up to speed in being cool enough to hang out with heroes that live off of cool, and not just dad either.

At least shake up the edgy in jons plots as supermans son, what about harley quinn. What about guy garderner, he needs a foil that he needs to play off of for once that isnt a boy who is borderline humorless.
    I think Guy is one of those characters where you can pair him up with anyone and everyone, and there will be great results.

Haven't really fleshed this one out yet but they could do Jon and Damian's Excellent Adventure, a time travel story also featuring Booster and Skeets. Maybe they hitch a ride in secret.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-26-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

SuperSons and the lost generation: Jon and Damian meet with other superkids who unfortunately didn't have the same success that them (Lian, Irey, Sin Lance) and were thrown onto limbo. They are flesh and bone but nobody can see them except them, and they decide to help them and find a way to get their (younger) parents to remember them or something like that.

However, be on the look out for my good buddy Dispenser of Truth! His ideas are just as good if not better! Hell, he's the originator of the "Superboy Squared" idea. Fortune willing, DC will notice his talent. That's probably my most anticipated Superman run
    I think I'd be a little jealous I didnt get a name drop if I didnt agree with you. DoT is easily (one of) the most creative people here and his ideas are usually pure gold.

I'll be hiring him too, someday.

Anyway, lot of fun ideas here, and Superlad (as well as Sacred and several others) hit upon a lot of the stories I'd like to tell myself. But I suppose I do have a couple things to contribute.

Keep in mind these are all off the cuff. I do not claim any level of quality for any of these ideas on any level.

Uncle Richard. When Clark and Lois plan a weekend getaway, there's only one person they turn to for prolonged babysitting duty (who is also available at the time); Nightwing! But when a threat by the name of the Mad Mod surfaces, there's no other alternative except for Superboy and Nightwing to team up for a fun filled adventure of crime busting, followed by ice cream and staying up late!

Heir of Almerac! Queen Maxima, ruler of the great Almeraci Empire, has long sought Superman as her mate and consort. But after years of being denied, Maxima has given up hope of strengthening her bloodline with Clark's. But when she learns that there's a new Kryptonian in the universe.....one who might someday be even more powerful than his father, Maxima decides that it'd be a much better idea to "relocate" Jon, raise him as a noble on Almerac, and marry him off to Maxima's youngest sister, Maxima the Seventy-Fifth (or something). Will Clark get there in time to put a stop to this, or will Jon be reprogrammed before Clark can bring him home? And will Maxima let him take Jon home, or will Clark have to declare war against one of the galaxy's biggest trans-solar empires to save his son?

Jon's Fav'rit! A small, stand-alone type of story, where the Kents go out to eat at Lois' favorite sketchy diner on Hob's Bay, the Ace O' Clubs! As Jon chows down on chicken nuggets, Bibbo regales the family with (imaginary) tales of his many team-ups with his fav'rit soopa' hero, Soopaman! I'm imagining a lot of the most ridiculous Silver Age stories re-told, only Bibbo inserts himself into the tale and is the one who ends up saving the day!
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-26-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

An amusing time travel romp with Jon meeting Jonathan and Martha Kent and a young Clark Kent, and having to hide his secret identity would be enjoyable to read so we can get a neat and adorable comparison to the two "Superboy's" from where they started off.

Jon starts to uncover things in the Fortress of Solitude and other sources in Metropolis and beyond and starts to notice someone no one else seems to mention or seems to remember. Who is Kon-El and what happened to that Superboy?

Ascended's "Heir of Almerac" bit is actually really amusing. I wouldn't mind a similar topic but with the twist that Jon's become a constant target for alien abductions only he CONSTANTLY befriends the aliens who go to kidnap him.

Jon or Jon and Damian together protecting the Watchtower from an alien attack while the JLA's away offworld dealing with another crisis.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

@magha_regulus and @Mister BoMan: thanks for the kind words! And I'd be really pumped for a Jon and Susie story too. Really hope the team gets on that in the near future.

-Growing up Super. I'd frame this as a 4 or 5 page back-up rather than a full story. The idea takes full advantage of the new Reborn timeline. Basically ever since Jon was born, regardless of if he knew it or not, he was knee deep in the world of the mystery men. The story would follow a 3 year old Jon. The Kents are invited to a summer cookout. Clark's "work friends", as they were called, come up to young Jon and jokingly comment on his great grip, and make similar knowing comments like that. We follow Jon around the party as he catches glimpses of capes tucked into cargo short, and partially visible domino mask stuffed into pockets. It would all culminate in Jon catching a quick glimpse of his dad's friend Barry in a strange suit, but then in the blink of an eye he's wearing a button down shirt again. Superboy meets Rugrats. Drawn by Chris Samnee

-Goodnight Superboy. The whole Kent household is sound asleep. In fact, it seems like the whole city is riding the dream town express. Live Wire and Parasite are cozy in bed together at a hideout as they cycle energy between each other. Lex is fast asleep at his workbench. Even the Action Ace himself, Superman, called it an early night. But something isn't quite right. Young Superboy tosses and turns in his bed. Jon is taken to a Wizard of Oz-like world. There are analogs to everyone he knows. And Krypto talks! It starts out innocent and fun, but soon a sinister nightmare finds it's way into the dream. It's up to Jon and Krypto free the great hero trapped in the "deep place" and stop the Nightmare Man from taking over the world of sleep. Guest appearances by Dream of the Endless who guides Jon cryptically. And also the Phantom King who is in fact the Nightmare Man. Remember during sleep the walls grow thin between the Zone and the real world. At the end Jon tells his mom about the adventure, and she says, you guessed it, "Jonathan Kent, you have some imagination." It's Superman meets Oz meets Little Nemo. I'd like to see Frank Quitely draw this.

-
    You should be hired to write Jon Kent Superboy stories immediately!