Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

@Ascended, haha apologies for the lack of a shout out. To be sure, there are quite a few poster on here that I'd love to see on the Superman books. You, of course, are high on the list, my friend I also really like the idea of Dick looking after Jon while his parents are away. This could take place either in Dick's city or Superman's.

@magha_regulus, you're far too kind!

-Your mom is a super villain! I'd want to work with parallelism/contrasting for this story. It works as a companion piece to my "My Dad is Superman" story. Basically Jon's school has a new student attending it; a little boy by the name of Dwayne Wayland. The kid is Jon's age, and he seems nice enough. Though, he never really invites anyone over his house, or talks about his family. But one day Jon catches a glimpse of the Dwayne's mom when she comes to pick him up, and she seems to be hiding a black eye using sunglasses. Fearing the worst, Jon x-rays the whole car, and he finds a rumpled up white jump suit with a 10 on it, and what looks to be a ray gun. Dwayne's mom is totally a super villain. In fact it's pretty clear that she's Wanda Wayland aka "10" from the Royal Flush Gang. Jon *should* tell his dad. But Jon is worried about what will happen to his friend Dwayne if his mom goes to jail. Jon gets a real sobering look at what a single mother will do for her kid. And at the end, our young hero will have a choice to make. It's Superboy meets Disturbia. The final message would be surprisingly uplifting despite it's comparatively more mature central idea. This contrast the nearly Loony Tunes-like feel of "My Dad is Superman." Probably end it with a big out-of-nowhere hug from Jon to his mom as he gets home from his sobering adventure.

-Nightwing and FlameBird ride again. Jon and Damian are exploring the Fortress. Jon, wanting to let his guard down around Damian in hopes that he'll do the same, suggest that they take a trip to Kandor. After tricking Kelex into activating the shrink ray, Jon and Damian off on their trip. Damian suggest that the two keep a low profile as not to get word back to Jon's dad about their little adventure. The boys seem to have picked a bad time to show up, because Kandor is currently in a state of emergency! A group of bottle worshiping fanatics have grown into a full blown terrorist cell. They are holding the equivalent of the Kryptonian "United Nations" hostage. Superman is away on a mission, so Jon and Damian decide to take matters into their own hands and use the remainder of Jon's weakening powers(remember, Kandor, simulated red sun, and simulated higher gravity), their gravity stabilizers, and some tech from the Kandorian police force to become Nightwing and Flamebird. In case you were wondering, yes, there was a fight over who would be Nightwing.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-27-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

-Your mom is a super villain! I'd want to work with parallelism/contrasting for this story. It works as a companion piece to my "My Dad is Superman" story. Basically Jon's school has a new student attending it; a little boy by the name of Dwayne Wayland. The kid is Jon's age, and he seems nice enough. Though, he never really invites anyone over his house, or talks about his family. But one day Jon catches a glimpse of the Dwayne's mom when she comes to pick him up, and she seems to be hiding a black eye using sunglasses. Fearing the worst, Jon x-rays the whole car, and he finds a rumpled up white jump suit with a 10 on it, and what looks to be a ray gun. Dwayne's mom is totally a super villain. In fact it's pretty clear that she's Wanda Wayland aka "10" from the Royal Flush Gang. Jon *should* tell his dad. But Jon is worried about what will happen to his friend Dwayne if his mom goes to jail. Jon gets a real suborning look at what a single mother will do for her kid. And at the end, our young hero will have a choice to make. It's Superboy meets Disturbia. The final message would be surprisingly uplifting despite it's comparatively more mature central idea. This contrast the nearly Loony Tunes-like feel of "My Dad is Superman." Probably end it with a big out-of-nowhere hug from Jon to his mom as he gets home from his sobering adventure.

-Nightwing and FlameBird ride again. Jon and Damian are exploring the Fortress. Jon, wanting to let his guard down around Damian in hopes that he'll do the same, suggest that they take a trip to Kandor. After tricking Kelex into activating the shrink ray, Jon and Damian off on their trip. Damian suggest that the two keep a low profile as not to get word back to Jon's dad about their little adventure. The boys seem to have picked a bad time to show up, because Kandor is currently in a state of emergency! A group of bottle worshiping fanatics have grown into a full blown terrorist cell. They are holding the equivalent of the Kryptonian "United Nations" hostage. Superman is away on a mission, so Jon and Damian decide to take matters into their own hands and use the remainder of Jon's weakening powers(remember, Kandor, simulated red sun, and simulated higher gravity), their gravity stabilizers, and some tech from the Kandorian police force to become Nightwing and Flamebird. In case you were wondering, yes, there was a fight over who would be Nightwing.
    Excellent ideas! I like that the first one makes Jon appreciate his mother more. Ending the story with a hug and Lois not knowing what prompted it is very touching. In fact, there should be some awesome mother/son adventures, too! Lois's life as an investigative reporter is far from boring.

Since Damian and Jon are going to mess up the Bat cave in the near future, perhaps the Fortress could also host another fight down the line. Their brawl could inadvertently cause something catastrophic. They could endanger Kandor, open a time portal, or be transported to another galaxy.

All-New Member

Hey new guy here. Been observing this side of the forum for a while since I read Supersons Issue 1.

About Jon's misadventures, why not in Gotham city?

"Alright men, we're going in to save the criminal!" Gordon ordered.

It's either the criminal get beaten by the two kids OR get caught in the crossfire when the super sons fight each other. Choose your poison wisely XD
    Last edited by acefist01; 03-27-2017 at 04:09 PM.

@Ascended, haha apologies for the lack of a shout out. To be sure, there are quite a few poster on here that I'd love to see on the Superman books. You, of course, are high on the list, my friend
    Oh, stop, the moment's already ruined.

I also really like the idea of Dick looking after Jon while his parents are away. This could take place either in Dick's city or Superman's.
    Yeah, as I said a while back in that "Adopting Nightwing" thread I made, I want to see Grayson be more involved with the Super-side of his "two dad's" upbringing. And Dick and Jon together seems like an incredible reading experience.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jon is here, and Jon is here to stay regardless what one may think of him. So this isn't for "Jon dies" type responses,
    aw...

No idea how many issues this would be. Some of them might have to be combined. But the stories all add up to one large storyline.

Jon in outer space
    Jon heads into outer space and watches Mars for a few seconds as if there was something there. He then shakes his head and begins to go deeper where he meets Hal (or some other GL) who had requested help from Superman but got Jon instead since Jon happened to get the message. So they do some mission But Jon at some point comes across an alien device. He decides to investigate it and it shoots him. Nothing appears to be wrong and he heads back to earth.

Jon Power Overload
    When Jon gets back home, his eyes begin to glow. His powers are going berserk. He's having to cover his eyes to avoid his heat vision roasting everyone. Superman takes him to the fortress to find out what's going on. The eradicator appears and announces that the boy's two halves are incompatible and this power surge is the result.

Jon the Murderer

Batman confronts Superman when Damian is found dead. His body has been roasted and Batman believes it was Jon who did it since they have been working together. Jon denies it completely but still has his hands covering his eyes. Batman is unconvinced and wants Jon dealt with. The eradicator still there and doing experiments informs them that the competing kryptonian and human system could result in the boy being mentally unstable. Jon again declares his innocence and removes his hands and almost takes out Batman.

Jon the Goggled
    After his near miss of Batman, Superman and the Eradicator come up with a pair of goggles that will prevent anyone else from almost getting roasted by his power struggles. The problem is that Jon cannot see through the goggles either so he has to rely on his other senses. Batman informs Superman he wants a trial at the Justice League for Jon. He wants Damian's murderer dealt with.

Jon the Depressed
    Superman and Jon return home and Lois is informed of everything that's happened. She announces that Jon is not going to be able to do anymore super heroics then because he'd never get any freedom from it since he won't have a secret identity. Jon is furious. She also doesn't believe that Jon murdered Damian. And plans to find out who did.

Jon the Trial

The trial of Jon is held by the Justice League. After examining all the evidence and listening to Batman's call for justice and Jon's adamant declaration of innocence. Jon is found guilty by the super heroes and sentenced to the phantom zone. Superman is ordered to send him there. The Eradicator smirks at the outcome and Lois notices. Before Jon is sent to the phantom zone, Lois questions him about the device that shot him. He describes the device exactly how the eradicator originally was. Jon is then sent into the zone.

Jon the vindicated
    Lois confronts the Eradicator with the evidence. She says that he is the cause of Jon's power overload. The eradicator initially denies it and tries to leave. Lois doesn't let him. She brings out the evidence that she uncovered that showed that he was not far from where Damian was murdered. Surveillance photos put him in the city and only blocks from the place. And then there's no evidence of where went. As if the cameras were tampered with. The eradicator breaks and tries to kill Lois. Superman stops him and defeats the Eradicator.

Jon Freed
    Jon is freed from the phantom zone. He is hurt that no one believed him except his mother. Superman says that he believed him but he still had to carry out the orders of the Justice League. Or else they would have found another way to deal with him that could have killed him. Jon doesn't react to Superman and hugs his mother. She reaches over as she hugs Jon and takes Superman's hand. With Jon still despondent over how Superman treated him, they go to the fortress. Where Kellex is able to figure out what the Eradicator did to Jon and is able to undo it so his powers return to normal.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This thread is quite awesome. Although, the one bummer of it all is that I sincerely doubt anyone other than Tomasi would do anything approaching the creativity of the ideas presented here.

I mean,now that the dimensional refugee thing is gone, there is so much you can do with Jon and so many new story opportunities for not only Superman but the DCU as well. My fear is that in a year or two someone will get cold feet and start sabotaging Jon in hopes to get rid of him in the same way DiDio and crew intentionally sabotaged the Supermarriage in hopes to poison the well to the point it was gotten rid of. There are decades of story potential for this aspect of Supes.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

@Ascended, I remember that thread. I think Dick is in such a spectacular position as a character. He can seamlessly work alongside either families without much issue. I honestly wouldn't mind an issue where the two mainly just talk and play off one another. Make it a character/dynamic defining single issue for these two.

-You are my sunshine. This is spinning out from my ill-defined (simply because there's a good amount to it to post) Jon from the future story. So basically we find out that future Jon didn't come to the past just to say hi to everyone. On the contrary: it looks like he came back to say goodbye. You see, future Jon is being chased through time in the most ambitious assassination attempt ever. Solaris The Tyrant Sun is hunting Jon so he can kill him, and stop the Superman Dynasty from ever coming to be. Solaris figured this out because the history text show that among Superman's greatest achievements, "creating life" and "delivering onto the world a heir" were arguably his greatest. 31st century scholars have debated till they were blue in the face the sheer scale of Superman's achievements. But the thing is, maybe they've been thinking too big? Superman and Lois Lane did the impossible when they had Jon. Naturally Mixing the amazingly complex Kryptonian genome with the comparatively less complex human one was thought to be impossible, but Lois and Clark, against all odds, manged to do it. The two achievements were always one. So, the mission for the rouge sun is simple: kill Jonathan Kent. So future Jon basically came back to the past to literally take a stroll down memory lane before he has to face his cosmic foe. Solaris has created a loop prophecy and a grave with Jon's name on it that has the Son of Tomorrow dreading the future. Can Superman Secondus break the chains of a time loop? Can his younger self and family reach him in time? Or is this the end of the Superman blood line forever?!

Love Solaris as a character/concept, Superman foe, and Jon Kent foe. Set him up as Jon's boogieman. The boy knows that he'll one day have to fight this staggering foe who wants nothing more than to see him in a grave. There's also the idea that Morrison present where Solaris wants to kill and replace the sun. That's effectively a double entendre. Superman is analogous to the sun. Solaris' harbors a jealousy of how needed and loved Superman is. To Solaris, the sun and Superman are interchangeable. He's akin to Luthor in that way (ie jealousy). It becomes a triple entendre when you add in the fact that Jon is the son of Superman. So his quote from All Star Superman, "I kill your sun, and you" can now has new meaning to it. This is a long way of explaining why I named the title what I named it.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

@Ascended, I remember that thread. I think Dick is in such a spectacular position as a character. He can seamlessly work alongside either families without much issue. I honestly wouldn't mind an issue where the two mainly just talk and play off one another. Make it a character/dynamic defining single issue for these two.

-You are my sunshine. This is spinning out from my ill-defined (simply because there's a good amount to it to post) Jon from the future story. So basically we find out that future Jon didn't come to the past just to say hi to everyone. On the contrary: it looks like he came back to say goodbye. You see, future Jon is being chased through time in the most ambitious assassination attempt ever. Solaris The Tyrant Sun is hunting Jon so he can kill him, and stop the Superman Dynasty from ever coming to be. Solaris figured this out because the history text show that among Superman's greatest achievements, "creating life" and "delivering onto the world a heir" were arguably his greatest. 31st century scholars have debated till they were blue in the face the sheer scale of Superman's achievements. But the thing is, maybe they've been thinking too big? Superman and Lois Lane did the impossible when they had Jon. Naturally Mixing the amazingly complex Kryptonian genome with the comparatively less complex human one was thought to be impossible, but Lois and Clark, against all odds, manged to do it. The two achievements were always one. So, the mission for the rouge sun is simple: kill Jonathan Kent. So future Jon basically came back to the past to literally take a stroll down memory lane before he has to face his cosmic foe. Solaris has created a loop prophecy and a grave with Jon's name on it that has the Son of Tomorrow dreading the future. Can Superman Secondus break the chains of a time loop? Can his younger self and family reach him in time? Or is this the end of the Superman blood line forever?!

Love Solaris as a character/concept, Superman foe, and Jon Kent foe. Set him up as Jon's boogieman. The boy knows that he'll one day have to fight this staggering foe who wants nothing more than to see him in a grave. There's also the idea that Morrison present where Solaris wants to kill and replace the sun. That's effectively a double entendre. Superman is analogous to the sun. Solaris' harbors a jealousy of how needed and loved Superman is. To Solaris, the sun and Superman are interchangeable. He's akin to Luthor in that way (ie jealousy). It becomes a triple entendre when you add in the fact that Jon is the son of Superman. So his quote from All Star Superman, "I kill your sun, and you" can now has new meaning to it. This is a long way of explaining why I named the title what I named it.
    Another brilliant idea! I think its a crime against fiction that Solaris hasn't been used more. He's such a great villain. I'm going to start a campaign to get you writing the books or at least editing them. You have so many great ideas!

Much appreciated! And yes Solaris' absence is....wasteful, to say the very least. He's essentially the logical endpoint of a Superman foe, so maybe in that sense I can understand the instinct to not make him as common place as a Parasite or Lex sort of situation. It would even be a mistake to make him as common as Brainiac (who himself is hardly seen). However, there are a myriad of workarounds that can be used to give the character a presence, but without overexposure. That said, I think if there were ever an appropriate moment to have Solaris show up, it would be in a continuity where the actual first heir to the Superman Dynasty is running around. I feel at that point the character is basically warranted if not demanded outright.

Also, I'd more than settle for DC simply implementing ideas in the sort of spirit I'm implying, if I'm just speaking for myself. But regardless, the flattering comment is still very much appreciated!

Every once in a while they'll do a issues that are light on action but focus on social issues. One thing they could do for one of those types of issues is have Jon go with Perry on an investigation into something, again, of a social nature, as he is wont to do from time to time despite being editor in chief. Can't be something inherently dangerous of course as you'd be really hard pressed to justify bringing a 10-year-old with you on an investigation like that, but all the same find a reason where he comes along. Then, whether its something having to do with racism, sexism, homelessness, poor treatment of veterans in need, anything, have Jon coming out of it learning some good lessons and show that Perry is just as much a father figure to the boy than his out-of-this-world dad.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Wow. This one's amazing. I think it would be a travesty if the concept of the Superman Dynasty from DC 1 Million and All Star Superman was not revisited somewhere down the line. Jon's existence in this continuity is the perfect opportunity to incorporate stories about Superman's descendants and heirs. Solaris is a perfect multi-generational villain, too.

Jon as Superman Secundus works for me!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd like to see Jon vs Zigi and Zagi, played straight as two utterly sarcastic little jerks.

Jon travels into the past and meets his grandfather Jor-El. After some convincing, Jor-El believes Jon is who he says he is and the two embark on an adventure to return him home. In the story's climax, as Jor-El has successfully worked out the way to send Jon home, the two share an emotional goodbye, and when Jon gets home and reunites with his family, Jon and Superman stunningly find that in Jon's pocket is Jor-El's signature headband. A keepsake that Jor-El had gifted his grandson and his son with secretly. This gives Superman his own emotional moment having something that tangibly belonged to his biological father, but as it was specifically given to Jon, he keeps it, and begins to wear it as part of his costume ensemble.

Yes, I'm suggesting that Jon go full 80s. If they won't do it with Kara again, do it with Superboy.

BTW, you're owning the thread Superlad, good work.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-29-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thanks dude!

But, it's your Sam Lane idea that I must truly applaud. It's probably one of my favorite ideas in the last few years of Superman. In a world without the Kents this idea opens up SO much in regards to character development and future story potential. It's such a simple idea, yet it stands as one of the most effortlessly topical Superman ideas I've ever heard of. This idea makes me want to know more about Sam. I can't say I've ever thought that about the character before your suggestion. And as a splash over from this, you inherently want to know more about Lois' side of the family. This idea, along with Susie being a hyper advanced human, seems to almost demand that Lois' side of the family take more center stage as things progress.

And it even does wonders for Clark because for the first time in decades, Clark is once again the alien in the room. Jon then being the bridging of the gap. That's not even getting into the great fortune of Jon being named after Lois' xenophobic dad. This is the sort of idea that really propels the idea of a Superman family into hyper drive.

I'm honestly sorry that I didn't give you your due props for such an idea before now. The fullness of it really just dawned on me the other day. Bravo, my friend!

Thanks to you as well! I'm really hopeful that it might happen too, especially considering that little foreshadowing when Lois and Jon were in her apartment and he saw the pic of her and Sam (I'm not differentiating the versions anymore, lol), and he asked about him and Lois said something about getting around to talking with him about his grandpa later. All we have to hope for is that they go the ultimately positive direction instead of insisting on Thunderbolt Ross.