Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Agreed. I'm pretty hopeful that they'll go positive in the end. I mainly hang my hope on the way Supergirl is using it's depiction of aliens as a proxy for immigration, race, religion, culture, and overall understanding. The show is popular, and has managed to generously spillover into comics. The Batgirl annual featuring Supergirl is actually a prime example of the show's influence outside of the Supergirl comic. I also saw the solicitation for a Justice League arc that will have an alien heat group trying to deport or capture the alien members of the League and aliens in general. That really stuck out to me.

So, all the ingredients are there, they just have to mix it well enough. The outcome should be nowhere near anything resembling Ross. Ideally, we should end up with a fascinating new take on a father/grandfather figure in the Superman world, and a fascinating and fresh take on Sam and the Lane family. As a bonus you also get a father figure who Clark can come to for advice, but the interaction will be deliciously awkward, and far and few inbetween because of it. Jon striking up a relation ship with his grandpa solves a surprising amount of issues.

Some fantastic ideas here. Allow me my two cents:

- Just Jon - street level psycho highjack the school bus with the young Kent inside. Jon must save the kids without revealing his identity.
    - Nobody's Friend - Since Jon won't let him in Teen Titans, Jon decides to create his own team. The first recruit? Nobody. Jon and Damian fight for Maya's preference. Being the smart girl she is, she takes advantage of both.
    - Undercover - Jon is grounded for a reason or other. So, of course, Damian Wayne drags him out as Redbird and Hyper Hayseed, I mean, Power Boy.
    - Oh, Brother - Lois suspects she is expecting again, Jon fantasizes about taking care of a super baby. Quick funny one-shot, paying homage to some non-sensical Superman tales of old. In the end, is a false alarm, but now Jon liked the idea and is pestering his parents.
    - Any Given Thursday - A hurt Solomon Grundy shows a bit of his humanity after facing the kiddish charm and naïvité of Jon. Solomon was about to make a big revelation about his past, when arrives Red "Shoot First Ask Questions Later" Hood. Big fight of fists and wordviews between Jason and Jon.

Just noticed, all these ideas are two-parts, max. I'll let the great arcs for you, more talented people
    Last edited by FlictsLantern; 03-29-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons

Spectacular Member

Mxy comes back to "play" with Jon while he's hanging around Damian...hilarity and calamity ensues

Also some sort of meet up with ALL the "imaginary" "Elseworld" sons/daughter of Superman and Batman such as Superman Jr, Batman Jr., Superman's son and Batman's son from Kingdom Come, etc.

Fantastic Member

This is really not a story idea for the near future, but rather a flashback that I'd like to see. Since Jon is Superman's kid, his birth should have some pomp and circumstance. I'd like to see fellow Justice League members congratulate Supes and Lois on the impending birth of their baby. Maybe they could throw a baby shower for Lois in the vein of the fun festivities surrounding Black Canary and Green Arrow's wedding back in the day. A surprise super villain attack can be thrown in to add some fireworks.

I'd also like to know who the happy couple would pick as Jon's godparents in the superhero community. They could show Jon's christening. I can picture it now. Supes and Lois are standing on a balcony in JLA HQ with a throng of superhero well-wishers gathered below. Supes lifts baby Jon into the air a la Simba in the Lion King, and the crowd goes wild.

Batman and Diana are likely the god parents for Jon, but if it were up to me it'd be Nightwing and Diana.

No offense to the Batfans, but Bruce isn't a great father. He's standoffish, emotionally abusive, and unreliable. He has never had a healthy, long-term relationship with any of his wards/kids, he's gotten a few of them killed, and Dick has spent half his adult life resenting Bruce and trying like hell to get away from him.

If it were me, I wouldnt send my son to live with that.

Dick on the other hand, is basically the greatest human ever and has proven his worth as a mentor, a big brother, a hero, and a leader. There is literally no one else in the DCU better suited for raising kids than Dick Grayson and Diana of Themyscria, and Clark and Dick have a long history of mutual respect and admiration.

And if, in the new continuity, Clark and Diana did date briefly early in their careers (which is unlikely as hell but who knows)? That just adds fun to the mix.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the godparents are Perry and Lana or Lucy. Or perhaps even John Henry. Just because they've seemed to want to stay more "in-house" to the mythos with Rebirth. But I wouldn't mind Bruce and Diana being godparents at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-30-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if the godparents are Perry and Lucy. Just because they've seemed to want to stay more "in-house" to the mythos. But I wouldn't mind Bruce and Diana being godparents at all.
    Agreed.

Well, maybe little!Jon could be Wonder Boy for a day when he spends a day with Diana it would be fun.

I'd love to see them develop a strong relationship between Jon and Diana over time whenever they get the chance via Trinity and other crossovers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if the godparents are Perry and Lana or Lucy. Or perhaps even John Henry. Just because they've seemed to want to stay more "in-house" to the mythos with Rebirth. But I wouldn't mind Bruce and Diana being godparents at all.
    John Henry is an excellent choice. Im sorta ashamed I didnt think of him.

Dick and John, then. Jon can have two god fathers. That at least keeps it somewhat in-house. Dick (should be) an honorary member of the Super-family.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Speaking of which, since we were robbed of experiencing it in real-time with Lois, maybe eventually they'll have Lana get preggers.

I really liked their short interaction in Action, now that Jon is 'officially' on the timeline, he probably grew up surronded by people.

I also like the idea of toddler Jon with Young Justice: Superman gives the Young Justice a mission, babysitting little Jonathan Kent (who might be 2-3), it goes as good as yo expect.

All-New Member

A thought just occurred to me if Lex has a daughter (Lena Luthor) same age with Jon.

Her antagonistic relationship with Superboy is not because she wants to prove she's better or she thinks the world is better off without an alien hybrid. It's because she wants to bean him on the head over petty reasons kids their age would come up with.
    Last edited by acefist01; 07-13-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    John Henry is an excellent choice. Im sorta ashamed I didnt think of him.

Dick and John, then. Jon can have two god fathers. That at least keeps it somewhat in-house. Dick (should be) an honorary member of the Super-family.
    I think if it's John Henry then it's probably him and Lana. They're still romantically involved, right? That looks to me like a ship that's gonna stick around.

That said, I absolutely agree with you on Dick - after all, he's a Superman legacy character! Kal-El himself was DC's first Nightwing!

I want a story where Jon goes into the Bottle City of Kandor. He says he's Superman's son, Jon, and everyone goes "Ah, Jon-El! Pleased to meet you!" so he goes "No, not Jon-El, just Jon!" and they go "But you're Kal-El's son, right?" and he goes "Yeah but-" and they say "Right, Jon-El!"

And then he's just stuck with it forever and ever.

Also, Dick can come into Kandor with Jon as well, because I really want him to meet Van-Zee.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."