Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Cain

Default Who's Batman's second main enemy besides Joker; Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face, or Bane?

And explain why, cause I personally believe it's Ra's Al Ghul because of his resources, his immortality, and his heavy influence on Batman's history. Like in the movie Batman Begins as his mentor training him to become The Dark Knight. And in the comics, Talia Al Ghul is the mother of his son Damian Wayne. That's a deep problem when it becomes a matter of family and knowing ur greatest weaknesses. But I'd like to believe Two-Face is a close second also due to being Batman's former friend and Harvey having a burning hatred and rivalry with the Robin's in the comics too.

Penguin, he was the second most popular batman villain, now he is just one of pile of batman villains.

Invincible Member

It might be a generational thing, but I always thought it was Ra's.

Mighty Member

Probably Hush, given how the personal animosity was in the making since childhood.

EDIT: wait....you put a colon after "joker". Oops. Didn't notice that. Ras Al Ghul, then.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 03-25-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Ra's, for sure. Two-Face is formidable, but he's small time. I don't see him as operating anywhere outside of Gotham. Bane matches Batman both in physical and mental prowess. He has potential, but has he really actualized it? Yes, he's broken the Bat, but aside from that, has he done anything that would make one think he's big time? No, after Joker, Ra's is Batman's number two nemesis. He's lived for centuries, leader of an entire league of assassins, has wrecked damage on a global scale, and has personal ties to Batman thanks to Talia and Damian.

Hands down, Ra's is Batman's second main enemy.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

I'm gonna have to agree with Ra's al Ghul, he has a lot going for him and I'm not just talking about resources and intellect or anything. He's enjoyed a lot of exposure in the last few years and has Talia and Damian.

Previously I would have gone with Penguin or Riddler but they've fallen.

Bane is probably next in line after Ra's, he's gotten a lot of exposure in the last few years across different mediums himself so he's enjoyed a bit of a Rebirth too. He's got momentum going from King's run now and chances are that after Bane: Conquest he might enjoy a status similar to Ra's in the DCU. While Ra's could be considered the master of killers in the DCU Bane might end up becoming the master of criminals in the DCU(like Marvel's Kingpin). Then there's the fact that Batman hasn't ever really had a proper evil twin character, there have been attempts but they largely fizzle out but Bane has endured and DC is insistent of making him that guy. So if he gets these 2 things locked and if they connect him to say a Robin or Batgirl of his own(say Jason because he's free and because he's associated with crime/street rat who rose from nothing) or Babs (based on Simone run) then Ra's might have a challenge on his hands.

Then Two-Face I think.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 03-26-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree with Ra's al Ghul, he has a lot going for him and I'm not just talking about resources and intellect or anything. He's enjoyed a lot of exposure in the last few years and has Talia and Damian.

Previously I would have gone with Penguin or Riddler but they've fallen.

Bane is probably next in line after Ra's, he's gotten a lot of exposure in the last few years across different mediums himself so he's enjoyed a bit of a Rebirth too. He's got momentum going from King's run now and chances are that after Bane: Conquest he might enjoy a status similar to Ra's in the DCU. While Ra's could be considered the master of killers in the DCU Bane might end up becoming the master of criminals in the DCU(like Marvel's Kingpin). Then there's the fact that Batman hasn't ever really had a proper evil twin character, there have been attempts but they largely fizzle out but Bane has endured and DC is insistent of making him that guy. So if he gets these 2 things locked and if they connect him to say a Robin or Batgirl of his own(say Jason because he's free and because he's associated with crime/street rat who rose from nothing) or Babs (based on Simone run) then Ra's might have a challenge on his hands.

Then Two-Face I think.
    I was going to say alot of these same points. Very well said darkseidpwns.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I was going to say alot of these same points. Very well said darkseidpwns.
    Ha, thanks.

Batman's second greatest enemy is Ra's Al Ghul. Even if you take away how deep of a connection he has with Batman through Talia and Damien, Ra's poses as a much bigger threat for Batman to go up against in comparison to Two-Face, Bane, the Penguin and etc.

Bad writing.

Bruce can't seem to overcome when lame writers ruin his life / his reputation.

Penguin or Ra's. Can't remember the last time either were really threatening though. Penguin is treated as a staple mob boss thats just around, and Ra's and his LOA is too often used as fodder.

In terms of media exposure, threat level, connection and dichotomy with Batman, and strong iconography it's really hard to top Ra's as Batman's second most major foe.

Bane would probably be right behind him, but it's only now with King that his cred as a villain has been back on the rise. Even in outside media there's always a 50/50 chance Bane will just show up as an easily beaten goon rather then anything like classic comic Bane.

I liked BANE for 2nd place.. HE BREAK THE BAT

But I think that I heard that Ra's Al Ghul was created to be his equal.. Maybe he is the 2nd main enemy of batman..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-26-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Definitely Ras, outside of the Joker he's had the most impact on the franchise. Sure other Villains might have had more appearances though.