Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Ra's is a Seventies villain who has long overstayed his welcome.

There is no depth to Bane, he's like Doomsday or Venom, just plain bad and reeks of the 90s.

Two-Face has been there (almost) since the beginning, he's incredibly difficult to get right and when they do, he rocks.

Power does not an interesting villain make.

Honorable mention: Killer Moth

I always loved bane for the fact he could go toe to toe with Batman with strategy and could be one of Batmans most physically demanding foes. I was semi impressed with how Nolan did him but I guess because the film TDKR was underwhelming Bane deserves to be done again at some point in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Ra's is a Seventies villain who has long overstayed his welcome.

There is no depth to Bane, he's like Doomsday or Venom, just plain bad and reeks of the 90s.

Two-Face has been there (almost) since the beginning, he's incredibly difficult to get right and when they do, he rocks.

Power does not an interesting villain make.

Honorable mention: Killer Moth
    I agree about Ra's. While he makes for a cool threat and can provide some good stories, as a character on his own, he's lacking. Honestly, I think the best story he's ever had wasn't even a Batman story, or even Red Robin, but his fights against the Legion of Superheroes.

That isn't true at all about Bane. While Bane in Knightfall and Bane in King's run are crap characters, there have been some great takes on Bane, like in No Man's Land and Secret Six.

Agreed on Two Face.

BANNED

Huh Knightfall Bane was literally Doc Savage meets the Count of Monte Cristo. Kings Bane is the best thing about his book.

I dont recall Bane doing much in NML. I'd say Eternal Bane and Batwoman Bane was crap, oh and Finch Bane, he was impressive but the character was turd.
    Europa Bane was eh. I'd love an interview from Azz about it.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 03-27-2017 at 04:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Huh Knightfall Bane was literally Doc Savage meets the Count of Monte Cristo. Kings Bane is the best thing about his book.

I dont recall Bane doing much in NML. I'd say Eternal Bane and Batwoman Bane was crap.
    Its been A LONG time since I read through No Man's Land, but I recently listened to the audio drama of the novelization, and Bane was a lot of fun there. Honestly, considering how much it fleshes a lot of things out, ex. Babs's VERY detailed logs on the situation at hand, Cass doesn't show up right the Hell out of nowhere, etc, if it didn't completely omit everything involving Azrael, I'd say the audio drama was the best version of the story.

BANNED

Haven't read the novelization or listenened to the audio. Only read the Knightfall novelization 2 years ago. That Bane was much more brutal compared to the comic version.

All-New Member

It would have to be Ra's for me.

Not my favourite Batman villian but seems to be the biggest threat to him, except Joker.

Although I do agree with Bane being a menace, not many can match brawn AND brain with him, like Bane can

I'm not aware as to what's going on w/ Penguin in current books, but in the continuity where he's become a crime-lord, he had become a polar opposite to Joker. Joker can never "blend in," but Penguin's influence can be more insidious because Batman has to try to prove criminal activity with him. This was a big concern in the Golden Age Bats-- the idea that crooks could masquerade as law-abiding men-- and that's arguably closer to the core idea of Batman than the threat of exotic masterminds like Ra' and his daughter.

Ras is definitely #2 for me.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIN TZU View Post
    I always loved bane for the fact he could go toe to toe with Batman with strategy and could be one of Batmans most physically demanding foes. I was semi impressed with how Nolan did him but I guess because the film TDKR was underwhelming Bane deserves to be done again at some point in the future.
    TDKR Bane nailed the two most important aspects most of his other media incarnations discard, his intelligence and patience, so I'm really not keen to have him show up again in the Snyderverse where he'd probably be just a generic strong guy with CGI muscles.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ra's or Two-Face is #2 for me. Ra's has that threat level thing going for him, but Two-Face is an older historical foe & was more personal to Bruce.

King & Dixon maybe be leading Bane up into the conversation. King is doing great with Bane, adding some depth and villainy. Dixon wants to make Bane DC's Dr Doom.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I would agree with the others, that Ra's is Batman's second greatest enemy.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

The number 2 villain besides RA'S AL GHUL, TWO-FACE, OR BANE?

I would say that it's the Riddler. Though if Zach Snyder has his way it will be Superman.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Fine View Post
    The number 2 villain besides RA'S AL GHUL, TWO-FACE, OR BANE?
    If Joker as #1 (which OP assumes you accept), then who is #2 is the thread question. OP figured people might say Ra's, or Two-Face, or Bane, but you can pick anyone.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Who is number 2, do you really need a clue?

The smartest criminal of them all, The Riddler.