Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Post-Secret Empire stories

Are their any characters or teams people would like to see happen after Secret Empire ends, that really happen as the fall out of it like a character rethinking things, or a group of heroes who see the need to come together.

Example Quick Silver: After all the hidden truths and the heroes being taken by surprise, he believes that things need to be rechecked, specifically the High Evolutionary's experiments. With his book mains focus him finding those Experimented on/created by him. This would be an easy way to create a Rogues gallery, another thing the book would do is spot-light/honour the Speedsters of the Marvel universe, and would actually do something with the other retcon he and his sister got about not being Mutants (with the Scarlet Witch having dove into the first retcon in her book about them not being Magneto's kids, which honestly I feel weird when people get angry at that one) .

Bluebird

With SHIELD presumably being consolidated into the Hydra Secret Empire, maybe they get reconstituted after the event under the command of Phil Coulson.

Mighty Avengers: Remnants of the Avengers and Braddock Academies have joined together to become the public face of the Avengers. With no one else to look up to, these group of semi-traumatized visionaries are going to take the world by storm, whether anyone's ready for it or not.

Mighty X-Men: The New X-Men have made it out of Xavier's nightmare of a school. They've beaten the odds whether it be the Purifiers, Bastion, O*N*E, Schism, the Avengers, or Terrigen Mists. Now stationed back at Utopia, the group will take a more proactive stance on mutant equality.

Heroes For Hire: Vic Alvarez and Max Brashear reopen the business after quitting Sunspot's AIM team. As the new Power Man and Iron Fist, the team finds themselves taking on stranger and stranger missions each time.

Steve Rogers having to deal with everyone hating him or at least him thinking so after the event. Similar to Jessica Drew's arc after Secret Invasion although on a much grander scale.

With a huge focus also being on the unease felt by other Heroes around him. Like they​, know he wasn't to blame but it still left scars.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Less "heroes as villains" stories and lead-ups to "hero vs. hero" events would be nice .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    With SHIELD presumably being consolidated into the Hydra Secret Empire, maybe they get reconstituted after the event under the command of Phil Coulson.
    As long as Hill's not in charge again, I'm good .

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Steve Rogers having to deal with everyone hating him or at least him thinking so after the event. Similar to Jessica Drew's arc after Secret Invasion although on a much grander scale.

With a huge focus also being on the unease felt by other Heroes around him. Like they​, know he wasn't to blame but it still left scars.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they essentially have Steve hand in the shield and costume and set out on a journey of redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they essentially have Steve hand in the shield and costume and set out on a journey of redemption.
    I don't think there would be that much of a big deal over Steve turning in his new costume and shield that he's only been using for 2-3 months, tops .

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can safely bet that we'll get a "Steve Rogers: Nomad" series after this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I can safely bet that we'll get a "Steve Rogers: Nomad" series after this is done.
    If we do, I'm wondering how long before we finally see Steve become Cap again? The big event after Secret Empire? Closer to Infinity War's release?

If that does happen, do you think Captain America: Sam Wilson will go to volume 2, or just continue uninterrupted?

I'm expecting the core Avengers team and the Champions to receive roster updates. Champions could do with a reserve system like both the Avengers and New Warriors used to use, to allow for cases where Miles is in another universe/Nova is in space/Scott is with the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

With the rise of a new Patriot during SE, I REALLY want that as an excuse for a new Young Avengers series. Heck, even if we weren't getting a new Patriot I'd want a new YA series. They're my favorite team and Marvel takes way too long to relaunch them.

Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye (Kate), Stinger and Speed are a must on the team, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If that does happen, do you think Captain America: Sam Wilson will go to volume 2, or just continue uninterrupted?

I'm expecting the core Avengers team and the Champions to receive roster updates. Champions could do with a reserve system like both the Avengers and New Warriors used to use, to allow for cases where Miles is in another universe/Nova is in space/Scott is with the X-Men.
    I'm actually pretty happy with the current Avengers and Champions line-ups.
    I imagine Riri will eventually join the Champions. It just makes too much sense.
    As for Avengers, I'd want Scarlet Witch to return. The team needs a third woman and a mystic that's not Doctor Doom.
    I also think there will be a new Secret Avengers type of team so Black Widow, Spider-Woman and Hawkeye have somewhere to go omce their solos and Occupy Avengers end.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    With the rise of a new Patriot during SE, I REALLY want that as an excuse for a new Young Avengers series. Heck, even if we weren't getting a new Patriot I'd want a new YA series. They're my favorite team and Marvel takes way too long to relaunch them.

Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye (Kate), Stinger and Speed are a must on the team, btw.
    I thought for sure we would've gotten a relaunch in the new Marvel Now!...

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm actually pretty happy with the current Avengers and Champions line-ups.
    I imagine Riri will eventually join the Champions. It just makes too much sense.
    As for Avengers, I'd want Scarlet Witch to return. The team needs a third woman and a mystic that's not Doctor Doom.
    I also think there will be a new Secret Avengers type of team so Black Widow, Spider-Woman and Hawkeye have somewhere to go omce their solos and Occupy Avengers end.
    For what it's worth, the Scarlet Witch solo that just ended a month or 2 ago ended with her asking to rejoin the avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    For what it's worth, the Scarlet Witch solo that just ended a month or 2 ago ended with her asking to rejoin the avengers.
    I know, but those things are rarely followed up on