Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

With Tony back, we might either see a relaunched Iron Man run with him in it or Bendis just reduces him to a supporting role in the current Iron Man books, though I don't think that's ideal.

It seems like Peter Parker is going to finally be losing his company during Secret Empire, thanks to Doc Ock's machinations, so we'll have a relatively classic Spider-Man going into Make Mine Marvel.

Aaron will probably keep his Thor storyline going uninterrupted from events. Thor Odinson might get his own book soon or take back the flagship around the time of Ragnarok's release.

I feel like there'll be a big roster shakeup for most of the big teams, and we'll see either new groups rise out of Secret Empire or fade out at it's conclusion (and because of low sales).

We might get some spontaneous resurrections thanks to Kobik by the end of the event, maybe undoing Rhodey and Banner's deaths.

Hank Pym will still be dead because Marvel probably cares more for Ultron using his face then they do the actual Hank Pym.

Marvel will do...something with Dr. Strange. Probably something wacky and that has no basis in the character's history or just outright replace him.

Carol Danvers and Clint Barton will seem redeemed after Civil War II and writers will just try and sweep under the rug everything that happened during that event.

Black Cat will probably still be a Queenpin because no one at Marvel seems interested in redeeming Felicia Hardy's character anymore.

We'll get news of the next major mid-season event that will tide people over, alongside a few smaller family events and crossovers, until we hit the next summer event. Rinse and repeat.

Mighty Member

I just want don't want them to drop Bucky again for a long while. I blame all the people that jumped off of Winter Soldier after Brubaker left. The creative team of Latour and Shalvy is STILL the best thing to happen to the character post-Brubaker. They got it so right the first time out, people didn't respond to it, and they've been struggling ever since. I wouldn't mind a Thunderbolts relaunch or a Bucky/Nat book. Just keep his ball in the air.

I want the main Avengers title to feature the Steve Rogers Captain America, Thor Odinson, and Tony Stark's Iron Man, with Scarlet Witch as its female lead. The book should be classic Avengers. A second book called New Avengers should feature Spider-Man leading a second team of newer and younger characters. Black Widow should get her solo back. I also want Silver Surfer to finally become an Avenger. Hawkeye should be involved in a new Thunderbolts book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they essentially have Steve hand in the shield and costume and set out on a journey of redemption.
    Honestly, seemingly against all odds, I want to see Hydra Cap continue. Why should Steve have to redeem himself when in Secret Empire he set out to redeem the entire Marvel Universe?

Extra issues like Civil War II: The Oath doesn’t happen by accident. With both Carol Danvers and Tony Stark becoming so thoroughly unlikable that the apparently villainous Captain America starts to look pretty righteous by comparison.

Reducing everything to a soft-reboot after Secret Empire won't address the fundamental credibility problem Marvel has with most of their heroes. To say nothing of that sanctimonious garbage they've got planned for 'Marvel Generations', in a vain effort to shore-up support for their replacement heroes. All that will do is kick the can down the road, while in six months to a year Marvels readership once again realise their heroes are just bad people.

So I say that Marvel should get with the times and allow Captain America to continue what he's doing, cleaning up the Marvel universe in the process. The end of Secret Empire doesn’t have to mean the end of what has errantly been set in motion.
    Last edited by Kintor; 03-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Honestly, seemingly against all odds, I want to see Hydra Cap continue. Why should Steve have to redeem himself when in Secret Empire he set out to redeem the entire Marvel Universe?

Extra issues like Civil War II: The Oath doesn’t happen by accident. With both Carol Denver and Tony Stark becoming so thoroughly unlikable that the apparently villainous Captain America starts to look pretty righteous by comparison.

Reducing everything to a soft-reboot after Secret Empire won't address the fundamental credibility problem Marvel has with most of their heroes. To say nothing of that sanctimonious garbage they've got planned for 'Marvel Generations', in a vain effort to shore-up support for their replacement heroes. All that will do is kick the can down the road, while in six months to a year Marvels readership once again realise their heroes are just bad people.

So I say that Marvel should get with the times and allow Captain America to continue what he's doing, cleaning up the Marvel universe in the process. The end of Secret Empire doesn’t have to mean the end of what has errantly been set in motion.
    I don't want to see HYDRA-Cap continue, but I do agree that after Secret Empire, it should be a time of serious soul-searching for both the characters and the writers (and higher-ups) at Marvel. Credibility and trust have seriously eroded, and there is a reason for that that should be met head-on, recognized, admitted, and then resolved, preferably in a form of atonement or restitution to all who've been hurt by the neglect and failure of the characters (and the writers) to live up to the trust and respect they once held. If that can actually happen, if the so-called heroes of the Marvel Universe can finally admit that they've been on the wrong track for some time and have lost sight of what being heroes actually means and strive to reconnect with the principles and ideals that they've largely lost sight of, then the post-Secret Empire MU has a chance of being better than what came before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I don't want to see HYDRA-Cap continue, but I do agree that after Secret Empire, it should be a time of serious soul-searching for both the characters and the writers (and higher-ups) at Marvel. Credibility and trust have seriously eroded, and there is a reason for that that should be met head-on, recognized, admitted, and then resolved, preferably in a form of atonement or restitution to all who've been hurt by the neglect and failure of the characters (and the writers) to live up to the trust and respect they once held. If that can actually happen, if the so-called heroes of the Marvel Universe can finally admit that they've been on the wrong track for some time and have lost sight of what being heroes actually means and strive to reconnect with the principles and ideals that they've largely lost sight of, then the post-Secret Empire MU has a chance of being better than what came before.
    This feels like it would require more self-awareness on the part of Marvel's writers and characters to make really happen, and I just don't see it flying under Marvel's event-driven and shock-value storytelling, unfortunately .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I want the main Avengers title to feature the Steve Rogers Captain America, Thor Odinson, and Tony Stark's Iron Man, with Scarlet Witch as its female lead. The book should be classic Avengers. A second book called New Avengers should feature Spider-Man leading a second team of newer and younger characters. Black Widow should get her solo back. I also want Silver Surfer to finally become an Avenger. Hawkeye should be involved in a new Thunderbolts book.
    That sounds like a good plan.

Nothing Happen to Steve Roger Kobik wipe everyone memory or Most people / heroes Think Hydra mind controlled CAptain only select few know the truth
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

There should be an Avengers Prime. That always seems to be the book whenever the Avengers hate each others' guts. Headlined by Captain Marvel, Nomad (Rogers), Iron Man, Odinson (Unworthy), Scarlet Witch, and Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If that does happen, do you think Captain America: Sam Wilson will go to volume 2, or just continue uninterrupted?
    I hope it goes uninterrupted but with massive advertising and marketing. I imagine that he would most likely get a new creative team. I still hope he keeps his supporting cast: Misty Knight, D-Man, Falcon, Redwing, Claire Temple etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I can safely bet that we'll get a "Steve Rogers: Nomad" series after this is done.
    Not gonna lie, as much as I wouldn't put that past Marvel to do, I'd still be pissed if they did. I mean at that point it would just raise the question of what was the point of returning Steve to the role of Captain America if it was just to spend over a year having him trample over every ideal he's ever stood for and then throw him out of the role all over again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, a moment of humbling introspection is what Marvel really needs right now; both from the in-universe heroes and the creative staff in the company as well. I get that the strength of Marvel has always been its imperfect heroes; the idea of exploring what happens when ordinary people get extraordinary powers and how they learn to become a shining example for all.

Yet I think it's pretty obvious by this point that something had gone deeply wrong with the Marvel universe, the people that grace the front covers of each comic are rarely what you would call heroes. Today the average Marvel superhero is both an emotionally vulnerable wreck and also totally self-absorbed by their own magnificence.

Going back to what I said about credibility earlier, a superhero needs great moral authority to justify the extra-legal actions they take to defeat threats to society. However, the last couple of decades have seen a steady erosion of that moral authority, to the extent that Marvel’s leading characters are no longer credible heroes. Instead, at best Marvel’s heroes are moralising bullies that get away with everything because their powers make them virtually untouchable.

This is why I’ve been quite impressed by what’s been happening in Steve Rogers: Captain America. The sincerity of Steve Rogers' devotion to Hydra, as a mission to expose the hypocrisy of Marvel’s heroes, is refreshing compared what Marvel is offering most everywhere else. That for all the lines that Steve is willing to cross he still remains more honourable the any of Marvel’s heroes. So, that’s why I want to see Hydra Cap survive the events of Secret Empire.

Which is more than can be said for ‘Marvel Generations’; I look at that event and I can only feel a sense of disgust twisting in my gut. It’s just a sign that Marvel is still unwilling to admit that they’ve made some huge mistakes in how they’ve been representing their heroes for years now.

Extra issues like Civil War II: The Oath doesn’t happen by accident. With both Carol Danvers and Tony Stark becoming so thoroughly unlikable that the apparently villainous Captain America starts to look pretty righteous by comparison.

I'm sorry but I just can't see what Steve is attempting to do as anything righteous. While he may have had a point about the heroes having lost their ways over the past years, he's honestly no better. Not only has he been striving to undermine the entire MU, backstabbing those who are supposed to be his friends, but just looking at his ideal world in The Oath is horrible bathed in xenophobia and racism, chasing down and locking up those who are different. It essentially felt like Days of Future Past realized minus sentinels killing superhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    There should be an Avengers Prime. That always seems to be the book whenever the Avengers hate each others' guts. Headlined by Captain Marvel, Nomad (Rogers), Iron Man, Odinson (Unworthy), Scarlet Witch, and Black Panther.
    Throw in the Janet Van Dyne Wasp and Clint Barton Hawkeye along with a non-evil Hank Pym as support and I'd totally read this book .

I hope it goes uninterrupted but with massive advertising and marketing. I imagine that he would most likely get a new creative team. I still hope he keeps his supporting cast: Misty Knight, D-Man, Falcon, Redwing, Claire Temple etc etc.
    I'm wondering if we might see Misty and Claire move to Walker's Luke Cage for synergy...

I'm also just as curious what Spencer will be doing once he's done with Secret Empire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm sorry but I just can't see what Steve is attempting to do as anything righteous. While he may have had a point about the heroes having lost their ways over the past years, he's honestly no better. Not only has he been striving to undermine the entire MU, backstabbing those who are supposed to be his friends, but just looking at his ideal world in The Oath is horrible bathed in xenophobia and racism, chasing down and locking up those who are different. It essentially felt like Days of Future Past realized minus sentinels killing superhumans.
    My point is that the moral certitude of the Marvel Universe has been eroded away by years (if not decades) of apocalyptic events and ill-conceived hero vs hero battles. We're on a sliding scale of moral relativism now, thanks to an army of superhero who can't protect the planet and only seem concerned with fighting amongst themselves for the stupidest of reasons. That far from being a fantastic place protected by great heroes the Marvel Universe would be a terrible place to live, as the common people live in fear of warring superhuman gangs.

Thus, the recently restored Hydra Cap enters the fray as a beacon of righteous purpose, who may be an evil fascist plotting to take over the world but at least he believes in something. Plus, if Captain America is willing to humiliate and/or kill a few of Marvel's hypocritical heroes all the way then so much the better. Ironically, this new Captain America has become the perfect hero for the modern age – an avatar of vengeance that can triumph in this age of darkness. Because by and large people don’t believe the world deserves utopia, they’ll readily embrace a nightmare if their perceived enemies are made to pay first.

My point is that the moral certitude of the Marvel Universe has been eroded away by years (if not decades) of apocalyptic events and ill-conceived hero vs hero battles. We're on a sliding scale of moral relativism now, thanks to an army of superhero who can't protect the planet and only seem concerned with fighting amongst themselves for the stupidest of reasons. That far from being a fantastic place protected by great heroes the Marvel Universe would be a terrible place to live, as the common people live in fear of warring superhuman gangs.

Thus, the recently restored Hydra Cap enters the fray as a beacon of righteous purpose, who may be an evil fascist plotting to take over the world but at least he believes in something. Plus, if Captain America is willing to humiliate and/or kill a few of Marvel's hypocritical heroes all the way then so much the better. Ironically, this new Captain America has become the perfect hero for the modern age – an avatar of vengeance that can triumph in this age of darkness. Because by and large people don’t believe the world deserves utopia, they’ll readily embrace a nightmare if their perceived enemies are made to pay first.
    Well that sounds bleak .