Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Getting powers at puberty is the norm, but any physiological change can bring them on, including birth or even death.
    Wouldn’t that make him a Killcrop like Madrox?

Killcrop? I don't follow Madrox too closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Doesn’t exactly count but....

At this point, is Karma the official guardian of her younger siblings?

Edit: How can Opal’s kid have ice powers as a toddler?
    Plenty of mutants display powers before puberty

Beast
    Madrox
    Maxime
    Manon
    Leech
    Artie
    St. Croix twins
    Jean Grey
    Cable
    Hope
    X-23
    Nightcrawler
    Franklin Richards
    Beak and Angel's kids

just to name a few

BANNED

Some of those are due to extenuating circumstances (IE Hope was inherently unusual due to the circumstances of her birth, while Laura was literally tortured into it). Physical mutations like Hank and Kurt have traditionally been different from those who simply manifest powers.

I dunno, but I'm ready for Krakoa to make good on it's "Make More Mutants" slogan. So far feels like lip service. Although if we get yet another Summers-Grey or Wolverine offspring I would just be super annoyed.

However, DO give me a few panels of the X-preschool with Beak and Angel's kiddos, Josiah, Maggie, Davey, and Shogo all just running amok. Put some Academy X kids in charge of running those shenanigans. That would be funny.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 08-11-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I dunno, but I'm ready for Krakoa to make good on it's "Make More Mutants" slogan. So far feels like lip service. Although if we get yet another Summers-Grey or Wolverine offspring I would just be super annoyed.

However, DO give me a few panels of the X-preschool with Beak and Angel's kiddos, Josiah, Maggie, Davey, and Shogo all just running amok. Put some Academy X kids in charge of running those shenanigans. That would be funny.
    Krakoa makes more mutants every day. Its been making good on that since HOX

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They're just inconsequential wallpaper because we can't take focus away from the same characters who've been the center of the franchise since Claremont/Byrne/Lee.

Resurrection isn't so much about making someone, rather than returning something that already existed.

If I gave you back a bike I fixed after I had broke it, I wouldn't claim to have made you a bike. I fixed or restored the bike that was already in existence.

The law wasn't "revive all mutants" or "remake all mutants" or "resurrect all mutants" or "bring back all mutants". The fact it comes up after Kurt quotes a biblical passage about procreation and nation building specifically suggests to me that resurrection isn't necessarily what they're talking about, not exclusively, when they say "Make More Mutants". The "more" also suggests something additional and new that wasn't already there.

The resurrected mutants were technically already "made" and so far as we know aren't being dramatically "remade" when resurrected. So to what degree resurrection applies to the spirit or intention of the law is debatable. The discussions in Excalibur would certainly suggest that the characters don't take it to be referencing resurrection.

Chimeras are another thing of course, as they're technically new creations without a previous consciousness. But we haven't seen those either.

All we've seen are resurrections. I'm ready to see some new mutants made/created that have never yet existed. Put your money where your mouth is Krakoa.

Resurrection isn't so much about making someone, rather than returning something that already existed.

If I gave you back a bike I fixed after I had broke it, I wouldn't claim to have made you a bike. I fixed or restored the bike that was already in existence.

The law wasn't "revive all mutants" or "remake all mutants" or "resurrect all mutants" or "bring back all mutants". The fact it comes up after Kurt quotes a biblical passage about procreation and nation building specifically suggests to me that resurrection isn't necessarily what they're talking about, not exclusively, when they say "Make More Mutants". The "more" also suggests something additional and new that wasn't already there.

The resurrected mutants were technically already "made" and so far as we know aren't being dramatically "remade" when resurrected. So to what degree resurrection applies to the spirit or intention of the law is debatable. The discussions in Excalibur would certainly suggest that the characters don't take it to be referencing resurrection.

Chimeras are another thing of course, as they're technically new creations without a previous consciousness. But we haven't seen those either.

All we've seen are resurrections. I'm ready to see some new mutants made/created that have never yet existed. Put your money where your mouth is Krakoa.
    It was very vague and open to interpretation. I interpret it as resurrecting them and you have no evidence to dispute that. Those mutants are dead. Their bodies are literally made from scratch in a complex process. They arent been fixxed like a broken bike being restored. That analogy doesnt work. It would be more like someone buying all new parts to replicate what the original bike looked like. Thats not a restoration, its making a new thing to replace the old.

You have your interpretation which isnt wrong, but the two dont have to be mutually exclusive. The basic gist is that the goal is to increase mutant numbers and there are more than one route to go about that. That law is already being fulfilled by The Five but everyone else has a chance to contribute it in other ways
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2020 at 06:38 AM.

It was very vague and open to interpretation. I interpret it as resurrecting them and you have no evidence to dispute that. Those mutants are dead. Their bodies are literally made from scratch in a complex process. They arent been fixxed like a broken bike being restored. That analogy doesnt work. It would be more like someone buying all new parts to replicate what the original bike looked like. Thats not a restoration, its making a new thing to replace the old.

You have your interpretation which isnt wrong, but the two dont have to be mutually exclusive. The basic gist is that the goal is to increase mutant numbers and there are more than one route to go about that. That law is already being fulfilled by The Five but everyone else has a chance to contribute it in other ways
    Are we to presume the resurrected mutants are in fact not identical to their original selves then? Which has certainly been openly questioned by the characters themselves. They are supposedly physically the same and mentally the same as the original, not a new creation. Are we equating making mutants to a factory process of just reassembling all the restored parts? If you put the memory board of a computer into a new case, is it something new? Did you make a new computer?

Yes, it's increasing their numbers, I'll give you that. And if you want to take "Make more mutants" as "increase mutant numbers" you can take it that way.

Again, at least a portion of the characters in the actual books are interrepting it as meaning to create literal children.

And we legit haven't seen any new mutant children or chimeras on Krakoa as of yet. That expectation is hanging in the air. I suppose I was under the impression this thread was discussing children of the X-Men, past, present, and future. Not resurrected mutants.

Are we to presume the resurrected mutants are in fact not identical to their original selves then? Which has certainly been openly questioned by the characters themselves. They are supposedly physically the same and mentally the same as the original, not a new creation. Are we equating making mutants to a factory process of just reassembling all the restored parts? If you put the memory board of a computer into a new case, is it something new? Did you make a new computer?

Yes, it's increasing their numbers, I'll give you that. And if you want to take "Make more mutants" as "increase mutant numbers" you can take it that way.

Again, at least a portion of the characters in the actual books are interrepting it as meaning to create literal children.

And we legit haven't seen any new mutant children or chimeras on Krakoa as of yet. That expectation is hanging in the air. I suppose I was under the impression this thread was discussing children of the X-Men, past, present, and future. Not resurrected mutants.
    They are clones. Its a brand new body thats made to be identical to the original. This isnt like Elixir taking the dead body and bringing it back to life. Dont get lost on the technicality of the words. Thats really besides the point

Krakoa's been around for 2-3 months. Assuming a normal gestation period of 9 months, it makes sense why you havent seen any new babies yet nor will in the near future. A woman would have had to have been pregnant prior to HOX
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    To be honest, mixing the Summers family tree with the Pym family tree gives me a headache. Imagine a family reunion.
    The Summers family has already crossed into the Richards family give or take some time travel and an alternate reality or two (and Summers kids usually do.)

Hyperstorm is the son of Franklin Richards and Rachael Summers from just slightly past the Days of Future past timeline.

The X-kid, I miss the most if Wildthing, Wolverine and Elektra's daughter.

She never reached Spider-girl level of popularity, but she was a lot of fun and it was nice seeing Wolverine and Elektra as loving parents in a mostly stable environment.

They are clones. Its a brand new body thats made to be identical to the original. This isnt like Elixir taking the dead body and bringing it back to life. Dont get lost on the technicality of the words. Thats really besides the point

Krakoa's been around for 2-3 months. Assuming a normal gestation period of 9 months, it makes sense why you havent seen any new babies yet nor will in the near future. A woman would have had to have been pregnant prior to HOX
    I mean, if I want to dwell on language technicalities that's kind of my perrogative.

And 2-3 months is actually plenty of time to start seeing pregnancies happen. Other than Stinger, who is only a rumor anyway, we haven't heard about any. And Stinger is a fairly background character at that.

Also I wouldn't make any presumptions about mutant gestation times. I expect there would be at least some biological variance.

Extraordinary Member

Older characters should be shown to have had kids all along. We’ve seen this with Charles, Magneto, Banshee, Mystique, Shaw, and Mastermind.

We need to see a child of Grey Crow, for example, as he was long lived before he became a clone.

Domino is was of the older X-ladies. Has it been revealed that she’s had a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Older characters should be shown to have had kids all along. We’ve seen this with Charles, Magneto, Banshee, Mystique, Shaw, and Mastermind.

We need to see a child of Grey Crow, for example, as he was long lived before he became a clone.

Domino is was of the older X-ladies. Has it been revealed that she’s had a child.
    I mean, there IS Colossus's kid in the Savage Land.

Even more interesting ... what if their kid ISN'T a mutant?