Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Children of the X-Men

I'm sure that this has been brought up somewhere a long time ago...but do you think we'll ever get a new character that STICKS around and is INTERESTING from any of the X-Men? When I think about it, most of the children of X-Men characters are some sort of child from the Summers/Grey line or the Wolverine genetics: Cable, Rachel and Nate Grey; Laura, Daken, Gabrielle respectively.

I know that we've seen Kymera (Storm's child), Raze and Charles Xavier (Mystique's sons). All from the same Alternate Future, but they came and went with that story arch.

Who do you think will be our next child of an X-Men?
    Who would you like to see have children?? Would they take on similar power sets to their parents?
    How do you feel about the children of X-Men that we have seen?

I am also aware of X-Men The End and GeNext...but those were more What If/Alternate Timelines that didn't really effect current canon.

Ultimate Member

If anyone is going to have kids amongst the X-men it should not be Scott and Jean as a couple...forgot Ruby Summers as well as being Scott and Emma's kid from an alternate future and all...though I'd love to see Warren/Betsy have a kid and Havok/Polaris...the former could be the best looking X-kid ever and the latter one of the most powerful given the lineage of his/her parents...

Don't forget that Colossus has/had a kid with a woman from the Savage Land if memory serves...

BANNED

I think it'd be funny to see X-23 have a kid just for her response to the whole thing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Indeed, Colossus has a kid with Nereel from Savage Land. But as far as I know, he's not aware of the lid.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If anyone is going to have kids amongst the X-men it should not be Scott and Jean as a couple...forgot Ruby Summers as well as being Scott and Emma's kid from an alternate future and all...though I'd love to see Warren/Betsy have a kid and Havok/Polaris...the former could be the best looking X-kid ever and the latter one of the most powerful given the lineage of his/her parents...

Don't forget that Colossus has/had a kid with a woman from the Savage Land if memory serves...
    OH man I totally forgot Ruby! She was actually pretty cool. Yeah Colossus had a kid I forgot that too.

I have to admit that one of the main reasons I posted this thread was because of Betsy projecting a long happy life with two children into Angel's mind. I love to see those two kids some day actualized.

I never got into any of the kids, nor thought the stories about them were interesting.

BANNED

I hope we never see anymore alternate reality relatives or kids. They're just glorified What If characters, that artificially age the core characters. Also it just seems like a cheap excuse to make a new character relevant by making them related to already established characters.

No more kids real or alternate!
    Last edited by Bart; 03-26-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never got into any of the kids, nor thought the stories about them were interesting.
    I liked Days of Future Present, if only because Jean's reaction to Rachel was so genuine. And Rachel's reaction to Jean's reaction was kinda heartbreaking.

I do like Rachel, but that is a long and convoluted story. But I'd rather have the original, Jean.

There are plenty of good stories that could be told about the "parents", if only the writers would use some imagination and talent to write those stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do like Rachel, but that is a long and convoluted story. But I'd rather have the original, Jean.

There are plenty of good stories that could be told about the "parents", if only the writers would use some imagination and talent to write those stories.
    I forgot about The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. I thought that was a great story that kinda rounded out the whole Scott/Jean/Cable/Rachel story. It would have been a nice swan song for Rachel.

There are/were some adopted kids in the mix too, like Shogo Lee and Joanne Beaubier.

Ultimate Member

Given that comic book characters never fit their age having kids would only age or date the parents in terms of how old they would look or be if the writers wrote poorly, otherwise it'd be fine...

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee's adopted baby Shogo has been around ever since she found him in issue #1 of the all female X-Men series. It showed him as a future member of the team as a teenager, although he had a battle suit instead of powers. After Battle of the Atom, he has still stuck around wherever Jubilee goes- in the Wolverine Jubilee camping trip special and also in Hellcat. He's returning with her in Generation X as well.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Technically Shatterstar is also an X-kid via Dazzler and Longshot (who I guess is also Longshot's father but whatever). There were all those kids in X-Men: The End series where everyone was having babies.

Not including X-23, Nocturne is my favorite child of an X-Man (daughter of Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch)