Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftershock

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    I liked the first issue well enough but I'm trade waiting this as well.
    I've read the first issue of World Reader and decided to trade wait that, but I liked Babyteeth so much that I didn't want to wait for it. I've been enjoying Shipwreck too but I'm an issue behind with that at the moment. I'm planning on getting Animosity and Black Eyed Kids in trades soon.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Second Sight (because I would follow David Hine off a cliff if he said he had a new project at the bottom)

LOL! This is literally me!
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Wait wait wait: back up a minute-- there's someone else (DavidRA) reading Eleanor and the Egret? Well, howdy!
    All the rest o'you go out and find yourselves copies. Can't be just David and me happy with E & E-- !
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

What I want to know on Eleanor and the Egret is when the next issue is going to turn up? It's one of those strange comics which get under your skin without you understanding why. Snotgirl (Image) is another example of such a comic.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I agree on the irregular scheduling. Still and all, when it comes, that's a time of joy.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    What I want to know on Eleanor and the Egret is when the next issue is going to turn up? It's one of those strange comics which get under your skin without you understanding why. Snotgirl (Image) is another example of such a comic.
    Next week apparently.

https://www.newsarama.com/36624-prev...gret-4.html#s5

Great. Thanks for this information.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

I've just read Babyteeth #5. Loving this series so much.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've just read Babyteeth #5. Loving this series so much.
    I love it as well. Really surprised, I initially picked up do the writer on a whim, but have stuck with it. I added to my pulllist as I was surprised to hear a large local chain in my area went to pulllist only.

Quote Originally Posted by SMH View Post
    I love it as well. Really surprised, I initially picked up do the writer on a whim, but have stuck with it. I added to my pulllist as I was surprised to hear a large local chain in my area went to pulllist only.
    Is that pull list only for Aftershock comics? Or ALL comics?

I knew nothing of Donny Cates before Babyteeth but I've loved it that much I'm looking at getting more of his stuff. I've already got God Country to read, and I'll be getting Redneck and Buzzkill too.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Is that pull list only for Aftershock comics? Or ALL comics?

I knew nothing of Donny Cates before Babyteeth but I've loved it that much I'm looking at getting more of his stuff. I've already got God Country to read, and I'll be getting Redneck and Buzzkill too.
    I believe its only almost all Aftershock, but its not my normal LCS so unsure. I do know that I think they over ordered on issues #2 and #3 and maybe have a jaded perspective. I missed out initially on Donny Cates, but have caught up on Redneck.

The location I think still hold shelf copies for the Cullen Bunn titles. I didn't try his first one, but I thought Dark Ark was awful..lol. I know alot of people enjoyed the first issue.

Anyone else out there pulling/reading many Aftershock books? I've finally read the World Reader TPB and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have the volume 1 TPB of Alters, which I liked. I don't even know if there are more TPB out yet, haven't looked. I also read their sequel to the PR movie - for the record it was crap. So on the balance of what I've read it is mediocre, but if I took that sample size to my supervisor he would put me on pipette cleaning duty for a year.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I have the volume 1 TPB of Alters, which I liked. I don't even know if there are more TPB out yet, haven't looked. I also read their sequel to the PR movie - for the record it was crap. So on the balance of what I've read it is mediocre, but if I took that sample size to my supervisor he would put me on pipette cleaning duty for a year.
    Alters Volume 2 is out in June according to the latest solicits. I haven't read it yet but I do intend to. I had it in my hand in a shop the other day but ended up opting for something else on that occasion.

Off-topic, but I see that you are pulling Gideon Falls. What did you think of #1?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”