Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aftershock

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Off-topic, but I see that you are pulling Gideon Falls. What did you think of #1?
    Completely missed this post sorry. I liked it. Good sense of weirdness/mystery to it and I was intrigued by both main characters straight away. Art was good, and I'm a fan of Lemire as well, so wins all round for me. Issue #2 was good too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Hahaha. I really liked it but I've ditched my single issues (except Bond), so I'm excited for a HC coming out, hopefully.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member

Following the chatter going around comics twitter that AfterShock is way behind on paying creators it seems that they have now filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy: https://www.rkc.llc/post/aftershockcomicsllc

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Following the chatter going around comics twitter that AfterShock is way behind on paying creators it seems that they have now filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy: https://www.rkc.llc/post/aftershockcomicsllc
    That means they are working on a plan to make Aftershock profitable again and pay back their debt.

$10m? They're toast.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    $10m? They're toast.
    Maybe. I always wonder how the smaller publisher can make revenue and be sustainable with low sales?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Maybe. I always wonder how the smaller publisher can make revenue and be sustainable with low sales?
    It's not lower sales.

At least not in the terms some choose to use.

Lets say Bulls of Beacon Hill gets 5K in orders.

Of that 5K about 4K are bought by someone.

Is that not a success Versus the larger piles Tom King's Human Target let alone Batman books tend to have.

I think smaller companies are more focus on books someone bought versus a store just ordering books.

Also remember most titles are not looking to sniff beyond say issue 12. Something that has only happened ONCE at this company.

Then you have to look at trades. I would say some of these books reach libraries way faster than some Marvel and DC books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not lower sales.

At least not in the terms some choose to use.

Lets say Bulls of Beacon Hill gets 5K in orders.

Of that 5K about 4K are bought by someone.

Is that not a success Versus the larger piles Tom King's Human Target let alone Batman books tend to have.

I think smaller companies are more focus on books someone bought versus a store just ordering books.

Also remember most titles are not looking to sniff beyond say issue 12. Something that has only happened ONCE at this company.

Then you have to look at trades. I would say some of these books reach libraries way faster than some Marvel and DC books.

I see. But something obviously didnt work out at Aftershock.