Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Godzilla: King of the monsters trailer looks legit

There's a "Monarch" viral website up with some interesting stuff to hype the next Godzilla movie... https://youtu.be/FSDHPQnjglo

^ The Monarch website seems to hint at more known kaiju than we know about in the MonsterVerse so far (which would be Godzilla, the Mutos, Kong and the other denizens of Skull Island, Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah).

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ The Monarch website seems to hint at more known kaiju than we know about in the MonsterVerse so far (which would be Godzilla, the Mutos, Kong and the other denizens of Skull Island, Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah).
    They have the rights to Manda ... who is in the viral site database.

And it looks like there might be multiple Rodans ... one Fire Rodan and the other something else.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

^ Man, if that's true I'd kind of liked to not know have known about it. Honestly, that teaser trailer was so impressive that it's kind of satiated my desire to know any more about this film. I'm seriously considering trying to go cold turkey and avoid all online presence of this movie.

I got burned because Kong Skull Island's ads gave away all the monster fights, and all the big set pieces, so that if you'd seen the trailer and TV spots you could sort of arrange the entire movie in your head. Honestly, I don't mind spoilers, but clueing you into every sequence of the movie before you see the movie is just lame, right?

^ Man, if that's true I'd kind of liked to not know have known about it. Honestly, that teaser trailer was so impressive that it's kind of satiated my desire to know any more about this film. I'm seriously considering trying to go cold turkey and avoid all online presence of this movie.

I got burned because Kong Skull Island's ads gave away all the monster fights, and all the big set pieces, so that if you'd seen the trailer and TV spots you could sort of arrange the entire movie in your head. Honestly, I don't mind spoilers, but clueing you into every sequence of the movie before you see the movie is just lame, right?
    I hear you.

Although, having more than one Rodan and/or another form is like getting Mothra in both forms to me anymore. Kind of expected.

Seeing Manda on the list surprised me.

But just because Manda is on the viral site doesn't mean he's in the movie. He'd probably get jobbed out like Baragon in GMK or Kamoebas in SOS.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-21-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalSquabbles View Post
    There's a "Monarch" viral website up with some interesting stuff to hype the next Godzilla movie... https://youtu.be/FSDHPQnjglo
    I liked how Ghidorah was described as a "Living Extinction Event". That's hardcore!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But just because Manda is on the viral site doesn't mean he's in the movie. He'd probably get jobbed out like Baragon in GMK or Kamoebas in SOS.
    Baragon may have been beaten very badly in GMK, but he's also the highlight of the movie! A common complaint around the time of GMK's release was that nothing tops the Godzilla vs. Bargain fight halfway through. I'd be happy if a favorite kaiju had an equivalent role.

Now, Kamoebas is another story. He's just a beached corpse in that movie. You know, they originally wanted Angilas in that scene, but higher ups nixed the idea of a popular kaiju appearing just as a dead body.

Baragon may have been beaten very badly in GMK, but he's also the highlight of the movie! A common complaint around the time of GMK's release was that nothing tops the Godzilla vs. Bargain fight halfway through. I'd be happy if a favorite kaiju had an equivalent role.

Now, Kamoebas is another story. He's just a beached corpse in that movie. You know, they originally wanted Angilas in that scene, but higher ups nixed the idea of a popular kaiju appearing just as a dead body.
    True, I guess Manda in Final Wars might be a better example than Baragon. BUT ... Manda's fate via the Gotengo is similar to his end in his OG appearance (Gotengo wins there, too). So maybe just Kamoebas is the best example for jobbing out, sans Zilla's death in Final Wars ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-21-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Just finished reading the "SKULL ISLAND: The Birth of Kong" comic story line. It's supposed to serve as a continuation of as well as a follow up to, the Kong movie. Really, it was pointless and there's no mahor take away that wasnt already established in the movie except that now the wall around the native city is gone.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

One of My Favorite Kaiju's of all times and the 1st Godzilla Franchise Monster I Ever Saw on TV or anywhere Else!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Comet TV is running a Heisei marathon today
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

So a while back I saw a trailer for a new giant monster monster movie in space that looked pretty interesting. Problem is, now I can't find it anywhere, my google skills have failed me. Besides being either new or unreleased, on a space ship, with a kaiju sized space monster (and not the one from Solo) I got nothing else to go on. Anyone have any idea what movie this is/will be? I'd like to watch that trailer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So a while back I saw a trailer for a new giant monster monster movie in space that looked pretty interesting. Problem is, now I can't find it anywhere, my google skills have failed me. Besides being either new or unreleased, on a space ship, with a kaiju sized space monster (and not the one from Solo) I got nothing else to go on. Anyone have any idea what movie this is/will be? I'd like to watch that trailer again.
    Sounds like Beyond White Space aka Space Moby Dick.

It came out in December.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sounds like Beyond White Space aka Space Moby Dick.

It came out in December.
    Yep, that was indeed the one, thanks! And I got to watch it last night too (found it at my local Wal Mart during the evening, so good timing I guess). Wasn't as heavy on the monster action as I would have liked, and I felt like a couple plot points/threads kind of cluttered the narrative, but over all it was alright and easily worth the purchase. The CG was a lot better than I'd expect from a DTV. No seriously, I think this might be the most special effects heavy movie I own that wasn't a theater film (has CG gone down that much in price, or is the DTV market more lucrative than I thought it was?). Not a stellar giant monster movie, not a great Moby Dick homage, but it is a very well done space movie with a giant monster and Mody Dick themes, so good enough for me. Hope whichever studio or production company or director that made this does more in this genre.

Now I just got to wait for the finale of the Godzilla anime trilogy and King of the Monsters for my next giant monster fix.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 01-19-2019 at 08:56 AM.