Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just curious, exactly what is Carol right about?
    she was right about needing that planetary defense shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I was talking about both actually lol since the miles vision foreshadows secret empire but I think even we know that it's unlikely that miles will actually kill Steve during secret empire.
    And isn't Steve actually planning on Miles killing him at this point?

One of the most devastating moments of the Oath was hearing Cap talk about that vision, and how all the heroes were focused on Miles killing him that they failed to see the bigger picture.

So yeah, Ianbarreilles is right about that as well. The infighting between Carol and Tony (manipulated by Steve) caused them to lose a valuable tool that could have prevented this future from occurring. Carol is now also losing another valuable tool in the SHIELD.

Never thought I would be "conservative" as far as stances go, but I was Team Carol from the very beginning because of this exact reason. Now, Bendis did a terrible job of showcasing Carol's side in all this which made the entire Civil War II feel one sided and pointless.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

And isn't Steve actually planning on Miles killing him at this point?
    You know it would be interesting if spencer actually has Steve goad miles into killing him.

You know it would be interesting if spencer actually has Steve goad miles into killing him.
    That would be devastating and also awesome.

BANNED

Excellent preview, really looking forward to Secret Empire. I can't wait to see how quickly things unravel for all of Marvel's heroes. It's been a real privilege to watch everything being set-up in Steve Rogers: Captain America; now it's time for Captain America to sweep the board clean!

The important thing to remember about prophecy is that it's still just a prediction, no matter how vivid it might be. Until that moment actually occurs, if it occurs, all the relevant actors involved always have a choice to do something else instead. Which is something I think that comic book writers tend to forget; they fall in love with prophecy and see it only as self-fulfilling, they give up trying to subvert that prophecy even if the story would be better as a result. It's all so strangely fatalist from comic book writers, given they so often present themselves as champions of freedom.

Anyway, I think that things could still playout quite differently to the vision in Civil War II. Heck, Captain America's plan could still be to goad Miles into killing him but in doing so Miles flinches at the idea, hesitating when the moment arrives and allows Captain America to escape.

Niffleheim

Doesn't Secret Empire just highlight Carol's incompetence & ineptness in investigating Ulysses' vision of Miles murdering Cap?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Doesn't Secret Empire just highlight Carol's incompetence & ineptness in investigating Ulysses' vision of Miles murdering Cap?
    carol wasn't being incompetent.

I could argue endlessly about how Carol wasn't incompetent and how she was in fact right but people like you who just hate the character simply can't be argued with.

Lastly People point to many examples of Carol being wrong throughout the story but no I don't believe she was at all wrong she was right to act now was she wrong about the visions? That's up for debate since during the trial of Clint Barton killing Bruce banner various examples by Carol when she was being questioned were given where the alblites of Ulysses and his visions were proven true and in fact helped the heroes stopping certain crimes from happening...even his visions proved the celestial invasion did in fact happen and that thanos did intend on invading earth and stealing the cosmic cube in an attempt to take over the world which would result in potentially hundreds of millions of innocent civilians being killed.

The point I'm making is Carol wasn't wrong to act hence why Carol in my opinion was right and as I pointed out the visions of Ulysses weren't all wrong or even flawed as shown with the celestial invasion, the thanos incident, and during the trial of Clint Barton killing Bruce banner with the courtroom case examples that Carol gave of black cat and modock.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 03-27-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Not especially. I don't know how one would investigate that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Not especially. I don't know how one would investigate that.
    You know I can go on forever but there is no point this is about Cap, who I don't like , and who played everybody.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-27-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm looking forward to this far more than any event in recent memory. Hydra Cap is awesome. Terrifying but awesome. Also looking forward to Miles killing him/resetting him. Whichever.

"He had always been a master strategist--but freed from compassion and mercy, THIS was his MASTERPIECE." Damn.

Looks like Earth heroes will know what it was like to face the Annihilation Wave after all. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Oh, I thought we were talking about Civil War II again .

Isn't Steve planning on using that shield for his own ends?
    it was getting in the way of his alien invasion plan. he wants to create chaos to unite people. Carol's shield stopped that. that's why he had a Hydra suicide bomber take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm looking forward to this far more than any event in recent memory. Hydra Cap is awesome. Terrifying but awesome. Also looking forward to Miles killing him/resetting him. Whichever.

"He had always been a master strategist--but freed from compassion and mercy, THIS was his MASTERPIECE." Damn.

Looks like Earth heroes will know what it was like to face the Annihilation Wave after all. :P
    You know, thanks to your avatar, I'm now wondering how this would have gone down had Cyclops been alive to lead the heroes against Steve in this event. Now that woulda been worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, thanks to your avatar, I'm now wondering how this would have gone down had Cyclops been alive to lead the heroes against Steve in this event.
    That would've been quite the turnover .

That would've been quite the turnover .
    Coincidentally Cyclops did become Captain America in an alternate future in the Ultimate Universe.