Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Lying???????????
    alternate facting

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, in retrospect, it was a sign of just how twisted and bleak things had gotten as a result of the New 52 DCU skewing darker and darker and edgier and edgier over the course of its existence and establishment and how much the creators had lost sight of what these characters were meant to represent. Hence, DC Rebirth. If DC Rebirth was meant to be the return of hope, love, and faith to the DCU, I can only hope the same will ultimately come for Marvel, because this? A world where the Nazis were supposed to win and were only averted by warping reality? That's a little too dark and bleak for me.
    Though, leading up to the main event is key in an event's success. Future's End was garbage and there was little to no lead up. Secret Empire has had multiple titles, a crossover mini (Avengers Standoff), and an event (Civil War II). Plus, the point of Secret Empire us to start shocking and depressing but slowly unite the MU. IIRC Future's End ends with nothing changing because that's the future that's "supposed to happen." God, that world was like a poor man's Age of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    alternate facting
    Told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, in retrospect, it was a sign of just how twisted and bleak things had gotten as a result of the New 52 DCU skewing darker and darker and edgier and edgier over the course of its existence and establishment and how much the creators had lost sight of what these characters were meant to represent. Hence, DC Rebirth. If DC Rebirth was meant to be the return of hope, love, and faith to the DCU, I can only hope the same will ultimately come for Marvel, because this? A world where the Nazis were supposed to win and were only averted by warping reality? That's a little too dark and bleak for me.
    You know, to me, it doesnt sound that bad; but i guess that as a X-fan, i have been conditioned to accept horror.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Though, leading up to the main event is key in an event's success. Future's End was garbage and there was little to no lead up. Secret Empire has had multiple titles, a crossover mini (Avengers Standoff), and an event (Civil War II). Plus, the point of Secret Empire us to start shocking and depressing but slowly unite the MU. IIRC Future's End ends with nothing changing because that's the future that's "supposed to happen." God, that world was like a poor man's Age of Apocalypse.
    I was only there for Batman Beyond's "official" debut in the DC Comics Universe, and when Terry died, that was pretty much the end of my interest. Thankfully, the Batman Beyond series that spun off from Futures End ended with Terry back as the Tomorrow Knight. That aside, very good point about proper lead-up being necessary for these events.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You know, to me, it doesnt sound that bad; but i guess that as a X-fan, i have been conditioned to accept horror.
    Hmm, makes sense. With the way the X-Men have been treated, it already feels like the world as we know it was just a good dream that ended a long time ago and the nightmare is what's been real all this time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Do we have a list of SE tie in books, minis etc yet? Doesn't number 0 come out this month, and I can find no info on this anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

We have the May and June Solicits at least:

Secret Empire 1-5

Uprising
    Brave New World 1, 2
    United
    Underground

Steve Rogers 17, 18
    US Avengers 6, 7
    Sam Wilson 22, 23
    Doctor Strange 21, 22
    Ultimates^2 7
    Deadpool 31, 32
    Mighty Captain Marvel 5, 6
    Secret Warriors 1-3
    Uncanny Avengers 24
    Occupy Avengers 8
    Amazing Spider-Man 29
    All-New Guardians of the Galaxy Ann. 1

I can't speak for July. It seems that June has far more tie-ins than May.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

OK cool. Thanks. I'm assuming Uprising, United, and Underground are one-shots?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yep.

Brave New World seems to be a "choosing sides" type story. United seems to be a Cap-side story of ra-ra Hydra, but it also seems to feature Emma Frost leading a team against him. Uprising is hyped as crucial about a gap between three and four. Underground is another book about resisting the Secret Empire.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    We have the May and June Solicits at least:

Secret Empire 1-5

Uprising
    Brave New World 1, 2
    United
    Underground

Steve Rogers 17, 18
    US Avengers 6, 7
    Sam Wilson 22, 23
    Doctor Strange 21, 22
    Ultimates^2 7
    Deadpool 31, 32
    Mighty Captain Marvel 5, 6
    Secret Warriors 1-3
    Uncanny Avengers 24
    Occupy Avengers 8
    Amazing Spider-Man 29
    All-New Guardians of the Galaxy Ann. 1

I can't speak for July. It seems that June has far more tie-ins than May.
    The Amazon listing solicitations for upcoming trades have revealed that X-men blue and X-men gold will also be tying into secret empire they'll be six issues in when they start and their first two arcs will be competed by then also they're both releasing twice monthly so when they start tying into the story it won't be too hectic.