All-New Member

Default Amazing Fantasy 15 Question

I have a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 that I bought about 35 years ago. It is still in okay shape (around a 4-5 grade) and have the opportunity to get Stan Lee to Autograph it for $350.00 bucks, as well as meet the man and get photo op. I've met Stan before (almost 40 years ago, which started a lifelong love of Marvel) and doubt the meet n great would do anything more for me. But as an investment, is it worth getting my most valued comic signed? Thanks for your input.

Normally I'd say that having a book signed by its creator will definitely increase the value. But with an item like that, I'd certainly make sure first by contacting CGC or a similar company. I mean you're looking at a five figure comic book here.

The only thing is that Stan has signed so many copies of AF15 that it's not rare to see one on sale at any given time. Also, just for resale value, it's typically easier to get a bit more out of an unsigned book. This is especially true since Stan's current signature looks like a blobby mess because he signs so much and so quickly.

If it's just for your collection and you don't care about the resale value I'd say got for it.

All-New Member

Thanks for the input!

Extraordinary Member

If so.

You one rich M.F.