Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default What Super-book would YOU want to read?

I'm not gonna lie, I have been very happy with the line of Super-books since the beginning of Rebirth. I am in LOVE with Gleason and Tomasi's work on Superman and in my opinion, Jurgens has gotten better with every issue of Action Comics. But I think there is room for a third solo Superman title. My dream book would be Adventures of Superman written by Mark Waid and art by Pete Woods. These are two guys whose work I adore and Waid has a love for the character and I would be ecstatic to see him writing Superman again. When I got back into comics in 2006, One Year Later was just getting started, and Woods work on the Up, Up, and Away storyline will forever be one of my favorites. Maybe have it be something akin to what Scott Snyder is doing on All Star Batman, and bring in a new artist for each story arc.

What about everybody else, what books would YOU like to see on the shelves?
    Just throwing in my 2 cents, because thats what the internets for!

A Kon-El Solo title! I don't know exactly who would write it, though.

A Lex Luthor solo could be great if they manage to differentiate from Superior Spider-man. Or even a solo where he is back to being evil. See the more of the Superman v Lex conflict from his perspective.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Steel: The Peoples Champion: I would like to read a Steel solo book after Superwoman gets likely cancelled. Have him be the peoples hero like how Superman was during the truth storyline. Have that firefighter LL character whose name I forgot, but showed up in Greg Pak's Action Comics run be a supporting character as well. Basically, sorta have him be a Luke Cage of Metropolis.

Clark Kent: Superman
    :a Daily Planet book with married Lois and Clark doing more investigative journalism with very minor appearances from Jon. Superman would appear, but definitely not as much as he does in the other 2 main Superman books, because this title would focus more on his life as Clark Kent.

BANNED

Mariko Tamaki & Joëlle Jones on any kind of Super book they want.

Their work on 'Supergirl: Being Super' has just been astounding, and it ends next month. DC should ask them if they want to do any other Super projects, and then let them.

A superfamily team-book in the veins of the current Detective Comics and featuring Superman, Superwoman, Steel, Natasha Irons, Traci 13 and Kon-El. Maggie Sawyer, Guardian and others would be part if the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A superfamily team-book in the veins of the current Detective Comics and featuring Superman, Superwoman, Steel, Natasha Irons, Traci 13 and Kon-El. Maggie Sawyer, Guardian and others would be part if the supporting cast.
    I'd like that to be Action the way 'Tec is the family book for Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Steel: The Peoples Champion: I would like to read a Steel solo book after Superwoman gets likely cancelled. Have him be the peoples hero like how Superman was during the truth storyline. Have that firefighter LL character whose name I forgot, but showed up in Greg Pak's Action Comics run be a supporting character as well. Basically, sorta have him be a Luke Cage of Metropolis.
    [B][I]
    You brought up Superwoman, so you mean Lana right? Sorry, but there are a lot of LLs in the Superverse

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd love an all ages humor book, like an "Adventures of Superman" by Roger Langridge with Gabriel Rodriguez and Zach Howard on art. I'd also, in a dream team scenario, go for a "Metropolis" book by Jonathan Lethem and David Lapham. Lastly, a book in the vein of the Man of Steel movie from David Hine and Tomas Giorello.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    You brought up Superwoman, so you mean Lana right? Sorry, but there are a lot of LLs in the Superverse
    Firefighter means Lee Lambert, from Truth.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

The long-awaited Mark Millar "definitive" take on Superman. Preferably with Stuart Immonen as the artist.

Mark Waid writing Superman. Preferably a sequel to Birthright.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yep, was too lazy to search up her name.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Not to be confused with Lana Lang, electrical engineer.

I wonder if Lana's legal name is "Lana Lang, electrical engineer".

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman: The Champion of the Oppressed by China Melville. I'm kinda keen on someone with a "sketchy" style like Travel Foreman, but I'd also prefer a different artist for each arc. I'd want this book to be modern and political. The cosmic and the mundane. Idosyncratic. I'd want Superman to topple alien warlords and confront transdimesional deities, while also standing with the working man. Standing up for labor rights. Working towards a more perfect union. The breaker of chains! It would be engaging in ways that the Superman books are currently hella lacking. It wouldn't have to bend to the current status quo, I'd want Melville to just do what he wants.

I'd also like to see Jeff Parker do something with Superman. Maybe a team up book?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-27-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Mariko Tamaki & Joëlle Jones on any kind of Super book they want.

Their work on 'Supergirl: Being Super' has just been astounding, and it ends next month. DC should ask them if they want to do any other Super projects, and then let them.
    I really like the book as well, but it actually ends in June, since it's bi-monthly (and 4 issues). Issue #3 does come out next month though.