Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Given where the books are going, there's one thing it's all perfectly set up for.. one title that is now time for a comeback....
    Something from the multiverse: use this for everything.. from Golden Age to New52, Red Son to Speeding Bullets and Kingdom Come, and every corner of the multiverse. Even an Earth where New52 is still in full swing, SuperWonder and all. After a 1-5 comic arc, it's off to the next piece of the Super-multiverse.
    I love this. I would love to see a world where we see The Golden Age Superman and his power levels (not to be confused with Earth 2 Superman Kal-L, this would be a younger Superman), a world we see the Silver/Bronze Age Superman, The Original Earth 2 Superman Kal-L, along with the others you mentioned.

I miss my Pre-Crisis Superman days!

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I want a Superman Squad book that would star the main continuity Superman along with other Superpeople from hypertime and the multiverse.
    I also really want a book about the Earth 23 President Superman. He needs his own book badly!

For the Superman Squad book, I'd get Grant Morrison, Greg Pak or Mark Waid to write it. For the President Superman of Earth 23 book I'd get Grant Morrison, Tomasi, or Tom King.

Truth, Justice, and the American Way: In 1950s Metropolis, Clark Kent is an investigative reporter for the Daily Planet with a secret. He lives a double life as the Man of Steel, Superman. This ongoing monthly with it's own continuity would feature all the old Superman tropes like changing in the phone booth, fedoras, catchphrases, and so on and so forth (because they would be appropriate to the era) with a twist. The twist is that it is all done Mad Men style for mature audiences. Perry White chain smokes cigars and drinks whiskey while handing out assignments in a smokefilled editorial room. Lois Lane is a foul mouthed woman of the world who's hard-bitten and sexually experienced nature intimidates Clark but also attracts him to her. Jim Olson is a womanizer who drinks heavily and drags his friend Clark to jazz clubs, urging him to live a little, and may have inadvertent mob connections. And so on and so forth. Drugs, sex, booze, and infidelity- but in the 1950s with a Superman who is every cliche about Superman that exists while in uniform, and with a Clark who is more a realistic normal man of his time. Heavy emphasis on the characters at the Daily Planet and their lives inside and outside of the office. Meanwhile, the 60s are on the horizon and the world begins to change....

Man of Tomorrow: In this alternate universe monthly occurring in the present day, Clark Kent and Superman, as well as "their" surroundings are radically redesigned. Think New52 Superman, but kicked up a notch. As it would be out of continuity, they can really go all out to the wall edgy and can change status quos and kill off characters or reinvent characters in ways they never could for the main Superman in the main continuity. This Superman's future is wide open. Anything can happen- and does.

Kal-El: Protector of Krypton: Krypton never falls, and Kal-El is never rocketed to earth. Instead, Krypton experiences a rejuvenation of their culture, technology, and military power. Their space program took off when Kal-El was young, and now the Kryptonian Empire spans the stars. As Minister of Defense, Kal-El must deal with internal politics, while defending the Kryptonian Empire from enemies foreign and domestic. Rising tensions with the Green Lantern Corps are a recurring theme, as are the internal dynamics of how Krypton should operate with Kal-El as a member of a reform party that wants to step back from the traditional imperialism that led them to conquer countless worlds, but at the same time having to protect those worlds from pro-democracy terrorists and hostile alien powers, with the opposition party, led by General Zod, calling for a return to "what made Krypton great" and further militaristic expansion.

Eventually, we'd get to a story arc where Krypton encounters a previously unknown low technology planet called Earth (Low technology just being our own modern day tech). Will Superman lead the invasion or defect from his own government to protect a people he's never met but feels an unexplainable connection to? His first overture is simply asking Earth to join the Empire, granting an interview to an intrepid reporter named Lois Lane, who senses that there is an implicit threat behind the offer if it is rejected.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 03-29-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Whatever happens. Happens TheNomadicOne's Avatar

If I wanted a Superman Comic, I definitely want it to be about the Daily Planet or the journalistic values of Clark Kent. I feel like the idea of being a journalist in the Superman mythos is underutilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    I love this. I would love to see a world where we see The Golden Age Superman and his power levels (not to be confused with Earth 2 Superman Kal-L, this would be a younger Superman), a world we see the Silver/Bronze Age Superman, The Original Earth 2 Superman Kal-L, along with the others you mentioned.

I miss my Pre-Crisis Superman days!
    Thanks! That's what I love about it - you can do any of it and ALL of it. Even bring back older writers who want to take another crack at a story. Why not? Introduce a whole new Earth? Sure! It's all ideas rolled into one, even if it's on a "round-robin" basis.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/