Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

He's not going to kill anyone, but I still think its possible he returns briefly under Steppenwolf's control or maybe amnesiac. Something so they can have Lois kiss him right or something like that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

At this point I expect anything from Snyder. We never get a 100% "pure" heroic nor thriumphant Superman in these movies, so anything is fair game at this point.

When I started to suspect they might kill Superman in BvS, nobody believed me. "Why would they kill him in the second movie?", "Why would they kill him in their first meeting with Batman?", "Why would they kill him when they're just building-up the JL movie? How are they going to do a JL movie without Superman? You're nuts".

And yet, here we are... :P

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Is it possible we may have a fake out in the finale? Perhaps an evil Supes under Darkseid's ( or Steppenwolf's thrall shows up and kicks the crap out of the league, all seems lost...And then at the last minute, the REAL SUPERMAN appears, takes out his Apokalypse spawned clone and then promptly joins the fight alongside his team mates.

That way it can be having their cake and eating it too. They get the audience shock of a heel turn for Supes, followed by the actual Superman triumphant in his return. I could see them doing something like that. Mess with the audience expectations a little.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Glorious Godfrey and his sister Amazing Grace have mind control powers. Those two are the ones Darkseid uses for things of that nature.
    Thanks, I thought Step had those powers too.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Is it possible we may have a fake out in the finale? Perhaps an evil Supes under Darkseid's ( or Steppenwolf's thrall shows up and kicks the crap out of the league, all seems lost...And then at the last minute, the REAL SUPERMAN appears, takes out his Apokalypse spawned clone and then promptly joins the fight alongside his team mates.

That way it can be having their cake and eating it too. They get the audience shock of a heel turn for Supes, followed by the actual Superman triumphant in his return. I could see them doing something like that. Mess with the audience expectations a little.
    As the REAL Superman appearing/returning, you mean Reeve's Supes, right?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-28-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I hope this is true. MOS was bad (suicide by tornado after telling his kid to let other kids die to save his secret) then came the train wreck BvS, how else could Justice League top the previous 2 in awfulness? He should not be in the movie till the last half hour and then kill a bunch of people as he destroys city after city. Zach Snyder, making DC great again.
    Yeah because the person who was stopping and helping people while others were running past because of a tornado is the kind of person who wouldn't save kids on a bus. Actions speak louder then words my friend.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah I'm 100% expecting that and it will be really depressing to see.

I can dig it. Plus, other than Spider-man, no hero has a bigger part of his legacy tied to clones than Superman.

If they were to do that, they might as well go for broke and when the real Superman shows up, have the fake Superman's skin turn white and blocky...
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they were to do that, they might as well go for broke and when the real Superman shows up, have the fake Superman's skin turn white and blocky...
    Or maybe just have the fake Superman have really sullied clothes, and have the real guy phase out of him at some point!!!

It takes tremendous willpower to avoid any and all DCEU threads due to my complete and total hatred of what Hack Snyder and David Goiter have done to the DCU, most especially, Superman.

I just can't avoid this one, though. This idea is not at all far-fetched at this point, and since it's already been seen in other media before, it's ripe for the picking for Hack and his pals. They don't have a good original idea between all of them, and ripping off Injustice/New 52 Earth-Two will only prove that further.

There's really no reason they shouldn't make their NotSoSuperman evil at this point. The iconic Superman can only exist with the influence of Jonathan and Martha Kent. Remove or sabotage them, and you get an Elseworlds. Interesting at times, but not at all what should be in feature films that reach millions more people than do comics. The opportunity that movies afford is to present the iconic version of a character to people who've never read their comics or, in some cases, even heard of them. Donner understood this, and does Marvel Studios.

With Jonathan Kent a coward and fear-monger, we get a wandering dolt of a Clark Kent who eventually becomes a brute once Jor-El tells him what to do. From aimless wanderer to city-smashing neck-snapper in a span of days. He then proceeds to occasionally help people when it's convenient for him, though even that is a burden for him. He'd rather just argue with his boss and take baths with his admittedly hot girlfriend in his clothes.

Turn him evil and complete the assassination of his character begun in MoS. At this point, there's nothing to lose. Of course, Superman could just as easily come out of that grave with a secret knowledge that can reshape and restore the dark Earth he and his pals inhabit. He could be the key to a Snyderverse Rebirth, but we all know way too much money and ego have been invested in these movies.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    It takes tremendous willpower to avoid any and all DCEU threads due to my complete and total hatred of what Hack Snyder and David Goiter have done to the DCU, most especially, Superman.

I just can't avoid this one, though. This idea is not at all far-fetched at this point, and since it's already been seen in other media before, it's ripe for the picking for Hack and his pals. They don't have a good original idea between all of them, and ripping off Injustice/New 52 Earth-Two will only prove that further.
    No need to get worked up over a stated speculation piece. Only reason I imagine a person would, is if they want to believe it's true.

There's really no reason they shouldn't make their NotSoSuperman evil at this point. The iconic Superman can only exist with the influence of Jonathan and Martha Kent. Remove or sabotage them, and you get an Elseworlds. Interesting at times, but not at all what should be in feature films that reach millions more people than do comics. The opportunity that movies afford is to present the iconic version of a character to people who've never read their comics or, in some cases, even heard of them. Donner understood this, and does Marvel Studios.
    The odd dilemma is that Snyder's take on Superman has been the highest grossing films the character has been featured in and Supes has never been more popular. Compare to Superman Returns which didn't even break $400 million worldwide. Thor 1, Ant-Man and other obscure comic book IPs managed to cross that threshold no problem. Snyder had to be doing something right.

With Jonathan Kent a coward and fear-monger, we get a wandering dolt of a Clark Kent who eventually becomes a brute once Jor-El tells him what to do. From aimless wanderer to city-smashing neck-snapper in a span of days. He then proceeds to occasionally help people when it's convenient for him, though even that is a burden for him. He'd rather just argue with his boss and take baths with his admittedly hot girlfriend in his clothes.
    *The Dude (Lebowski) voice* Hey, hey, hey, man. Scale back the hyperbole and let's talk about this.

Jonathan Kent - Change the title of MOS to X-Men, and it's not hard to imagine a parent being cautious and concerned about their child having a host of abnormal abilities and wanting them to conceal their powers. Just look at how Bobby Drake's parents flipped out and disowned him when they learned he could create ice. It's less plausible that a parent would craft a costume for their teenage child and tell them to go out and use their powers and expose themselves to the world. Which was Jonathan's fear in MOS and Martha stated she was worried the authorities would come and take Clark away from them.

Clark - You know, after the 20 minute opening on Krypton, we switch to Earth and what's the first thing we see Clark doing? Oh right, rescuing people. Hell, Lois Lane spends the entire first act tracking down Clark through the people he's rescued. The flashbacks with Jonathan even have Clark asserting that he should be helping people and not wasting his time being a farmer.

Zod's machine pancaked Metropolis and in the ensuing fight, it is Zod who cuts a building in half with his heat vision. Zod is the bad guy, ya know. As for him killing him, well he's killed Zod before in the comics. Along with the Anti-Monitor, Mxyzsptlk, Parademons, Shadow demons, Doomsday just about every year it seems now, vampires, Brainiacs and Amazos. But people only seem to care when the victim looks human. Superman also attempted to kill Hank Henshaw during Return of Superman. Not really caring whether Henshaw would survive or not.

The Daily Planet - A Great Metropolitan Newspaper, where Clark Kent, a mild mannered reporter works. Clark wanted to do a story about Batman's vigilante style justice and it was Perry who was uninterested in printing it. Clark was following his convictions and sense of right and wrong and Perry told him "It's not 1938 anymore. You drop this thing". Even when Snyder's Supes does the right thing, he gets no credit.

Turn him evil and complete the assassination of his character begun in MoS. At this point, there's nothing to lose. Of course, Superman could just as easily come out of that grave with a secret knowledge that can reshape and restore the dark Earth he and his pals inhabit. He could be the key to a Snyderverse Rebirth, but we all know way too much money and ego have been invested in these movies.
    Good thing they're not turning him evil. Enough people clucked about how dark the DCEU was and WB is heel turning to more hopeful and brighter stories. JL is likely to be a "Rebirth" for Superman of sorts. Because it's corny and cheesy like that. Hahaha

I'm usually the first to hate on Snyder, but if it's just Superman being temporally brainwashed for a while and then snaps out of it, then I don't think it's that big a deal. Sure it's not putting Supes in a flattering light, but it's not the same as making him evil.
    '

Retired

I assumed when I saw BVS that the Justice League movie would use the Death of Superman as a reference point and as in that story a pretender Superman would appear (one rather than four).

Maybe by movie's end the real deal would show up, but for most of the movie it would be a Man of Steal. And then the next actual Superman movie (if there is one) would handle the Return of Superman to the world of the living.

This just makes sense to me and seems a good game plan.

Or they could just have Clark under their control at first, until he overcomes whatever is brainwashing him. Which... has happened in a lot of Superman stories. Or as you said a fake Superman who eventually gets taken down by the real one. Both have happened a lot over the ages.