Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I'm hoping for some explanation of Donna Troy's life and how it relates to what we saw in WW's comics. When I first saw the bit where WW was telling her to stay away, I thought that was what they were referencing.
    exactly. haven't really been following WW. so what is the current story with Donna Troy?

I thought this was good the art was great should be main artist on Titans book and there good moments in this I think there is more to Donna new origin that we see later in Titans book, I liked fight with Metallo when Donna cut its head off with sword and Garth/Tempest punched it also liked how using other abilities like energy blast from eyes I would also like it started using other Magic Powers/Abilities as well I also liked it when Arthur threw Trident through Metallo.

They couple things didn't seem right like how Aquaman and Wonder Woman being written but I did like it when Arthur took leadership and charge of the group was calling the shots but I can see why that role had to be filled by Batman and Dick so there can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    exactly. haven't really been following WW. so what is the current story with Donna Troy?
    She hasn't been touched yet. Let's say in WW we are trying to find out what's real and what's not since the n52 was retconned.

Spectacular Member

Been a year since Rebirth and we are still trying to figure out Wonder Womans origin...

BANNED

1. In the Wonder Woman series, we saw an old witch-y Amazon create "Donna Troy" in a cauldron. She is sent to kill WW (IIRC) and along the way she kills all of the recently found male Amazon children. Wonder Woman takes her in and when last we saw she was trying to find her place in the world and redeem her sins.

2. Flash forward a year or so to the Titans Hunt series. Donna Troy appears there, and in that series it is revealed she has a long history with the Titans (which is contradictory to the notion she was only just recently created).

3. Back to Wonder Woman, in this new Rebirth series there is a confusing storyline that states that none of Wonder Woman's past return visits to Paradise Island actually happened. By extrapolation, that means that many of her previous adventures never happened. This is being interpreted to state that none of the New52 adventures actually happened, which means #1 above is irrelevant.

I can't express how much I hate - HATE - this comic's re-branding Lilith as 'Omen', for sake of creating some stupid trademark for future licensing opportunities, ..and that's ALL it's about. I am so sick of that idiotic, green BEDSHEET, she's running around in - what is that thing? While I can see her taking on a cool codename, and the whole 'Omen' thing sounds very cool, but, that ridiculous mask, hood and CAPE, after so many years of Bohemian chic, ..is just so out of character for her.

Openness and union with the metaphysical is so much about who 'Lilith' is. She's NOT Doctor Fate.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-30-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member

So everyone on the League now knows about Wally West, and about the Titans?

I mean, I haven't been following Titans since issue 7, so maybe they've explained this?

Seeing Wally talk to Superman in the end, I just couldn't but help wonder - does Wally remember the talk he had with Clark back in Titans # 7? Does he remember Clark in his 'Superdad'/Superman Blue avatar, and the fact that Clark remembered who he was?

As far as the issue itself goes - it was an interesting story, though I did feel Aquaman was acting a bit too much like a jerk.

Its nice to see that Barry and Wally have the healthiest mentor-protegee dynamic, followed by Bruce and Dick.

She looks like trick r'treat in that thing? What is that? I can even see her wearing a sort of uniform, but, the mask...the cape! No-ooo! Why would she put that on, after rocking that groovy 'Lilith Fair' look, all these years?

I hate it. It's so stupid.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    So everyone on the League now knows about Wally West, and about the Titans?

I mean, I haven't been following Titans since issue 7, so maybe they've explained this?

Seeing Wally talk to Superman in the end, I just couldn't but help wonder - does Wally remember the talk he had with Clark back in Titans # 7? Does he remember Clark in his 'Superdad'/Superman Blue avatar, and the fact that Clark remembered who he was?

As far as the issue itself goes - it was an interesting story, though I did feel Aquaman was acting a bit too much like a jerk.

Its nice to see that Barry and Wally have the healthiest mentor-protegee dynamic, followed by Bruce and Dick.
    I assume that, at the very least, after Barry was reunited with Wally, at the next JL meeting Barry was like "hey, everybody, so this happened..."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

3. Back to Wonder Woman, in this new Rebirth series there is a confusing storyline that states that none of Wonder Woman's past return visits to Paradise Island actually happened. By extrapolation, that means that many of her previous adventures never happened. This is being interpreted to state that none of the New52 adventures actually happened, which means #1 above is irrelevant.
    I understood this differently. What I took from the story was that the New 52 stuff happened, but that version of Paradise Island was an illusion, as were WW's memories.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Abnett continues to disappoint So much potential to establish a true distinction between JL and Titans and all we get is that Titans are friends.
    I felt Diana was acting out of character. Her wanting to protect Donna doesn't excuse the way she was treating her. Donna's new origin is kind of meh. I still have some hope something interesting will come of it, but I don't think I can expect to like this run as much as I thought I would.
    The art was awesome, thought.
    Book wasn't bad but Abnett continues to dumb down these characters and writes them like it's an episode of friends. Characters don't have to act like fools and be naive to work together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I can't express how much I hate - HATE - this comic's re-branding Lilith as 'Omen', for sake of creating some stupid trademark for future licensing opportunities, ..and that's ALL it's about.
    She's been called Omen since the mid '90s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I understood this differently. What I took from the story was that the New 52 stuff happened, but that version of Paradise Island was an illusion, as were WW's memories.
    I confess to not being able to quite follow. So, like, she DID stick a sword in War and become Goddess of War but her mother was NOT turned to stone?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    She's been called Omen since the mid '90s.
    And she literally hasn't appeared as anything other than Omen since.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I confess to not being able to quite follow. So, like, she DID stick a sword in War and become Goddess of War but her mother was NOT turned to stone?
    As far as I understand, both things happened. But that version of Hyppolita wasn't really Hyppolita, same for Themyscira as a whole. As for the Gods, only they know; those might be mere reflections/shadows of the Gods, or they might be illusions as well. In Rucka's run so far the only ones who appeared not in animal form were Ares - with the same design as the Flashbacks in Azarello's run - and Phobos and Deimos, which had not appeared yet.

The story hasn't completed unfolded yet, so I can't give a definitive answer, but what I took from it is that the entirety of the New 542 happened, but was more of a construct.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!