Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's technically not affecting the Flashes as well.

Maybe it potentializes pre-existing feelings? Arrogance in Aquaman, Bloodlust on Diana, paranoid tendencies on Batman, insecurity on Garth, even some recklessness in Nightwing (he does seem a little more sarcastic than usual).

All well-stablished character traits, usually under control, a little over the top now.
    Heh. Unfortunately, "nobody is acting like they should" can go either way - mind control or bad writing...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    If a new artist came onboard I would start picking this up again. That's literally all it would take for this book to go back on my pull.
    Ehh, he's not the worst. Not as bad as some of the cringe-inducingly bad amateurs Marvel hires.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Heh. Unfortunately, "nobody is acting like they should" can go either way - mind control or bad writing...
    Abnett contradicting characterizations he defined himself would be a pretty uncommon occurrence, though. If this was, IDK, Lobdell, I might agree,
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It does feel like a heck of a coincidence that both Bruce, Arthur, and Diana are a little more standoffish then usual.

I mean, Batman is Batman, but it feels off seeing him treat Dick like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does feel like a heck of a coincidence that both Bruce, Arthur, and Diana are a little more standoffish then usual.

I mean, Batman is Batman, but it feels off seeing him treat Dick like that.
    It kinda remembers me of that Teen Titans: Year Old comic where the mentors were acting jerkish.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Ehh, he's not the worst. Not as bad as some of the cringe-inducingly bad amateurs Marvel hires.
    I liked his work on Nightwing. He's not the worst artist I've run across but IMO he's not a good fit for this book either. Like I've said before his art just throws me completely out of the story pretty much every panel and that's not good.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    It kinda remembers me of that Teen Titans: Year Old comic where the mentors were acting jerkish.
    Yeah, it reminds me of that too.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I liked his work on Nightwing. He's not the worst artist I've run across but IMO he's not a good fit for this book either. Like I've said before his art just throws me completely out of the story pretty much every panel and that's not good.
    Yeah he works better on solo books, I'd still rather they get someone less polarizing for a Wally West solo but it would be a better fit for him than this. At least he's a professional and not some rando they found on Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's technically not affecting the Flashes as well.

Maybe it potentializes pre-existing feelings? Arrogance in Aquaman, Bloodlust on Diana, paranoid tendencies on Batman, insecurity on Garth, even some recklessness in Nightwing (he does seem a little more sarcastic than usual).

All well-stablished character traits, usually under control, a little over the top now.
    It's definitely effecting Barry. Wally doesn't mind League's attitude but Barry is fidgeting around Wally and has parental instincts about Wally "wincing" at their words even when that's not the case.

I'll argue it's not effecting Titans (hence why Nightwing and Wally are chill) but all League are under some kind of emotional influence.

Well... they did all just get abducted individually and placed into a superhero version of The Cube.
    For all each one knows, the rest are all illusions.

And the Titans did just fight magic doppelgangers of themselves.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Just read the ish... bleh Here's what I posted over in the WW forum...

SPOILERS:

Diana confirms that
    "Donna Troy is not an organic woman. She was made whole out of clay by a magical process." " She was created as a weapon-- a weapon forged to destroy me. We prevented that destiny and we gave her false memories so she could live a stable life" "You were made to believe you were a human child. Orphaned, rescued by me, raised by the Amazons. This stopped you from becoming a weapon-- it allowed you to live as others live.. to become a hero, a Titan"

So what the rolling ferk?!? The universe is slowly being "fixed" ( Rebirth) and yet we get some half assed hack job of an origin in like six words balloons? That fully owes it's existence to a MUCH HATED 52 origin for Donna....

Load of total cr@p

...and it seems like this was the whole point to the issue-- which really led nowhere and the reveal was pretty lame.... Maybe they're just nailing up a temporary version and that will change as Rebirth unfolds, but really? I feel like the Titans Annual writers have no idea what was going on in Diana's book and that so much of that crap doesn't exist anymore.... *groan*

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Just read the ish... bleh Here's what I posted over in the WW forum...

SPOILERS:

spoilers:
    Diana confirms that
    "Donna Troy is not an organic woman. She was made whole out of clay by a magical process." " She was created as a weapon-- a weapon forged to destroy me. We prevented that destiny and we gave her false memories so she could live a stable life" "You were made to believe you were a human child. Orphaned, rescued by me, raised by the Amazons. This stopped you from becoming a weapon-- it allowed you to live as others live.. to become a hero, a Titan"

So what the rolling ferk?!? The universe is slowly being "fixed" ( Rebirth) and yet we get some half assed hack job of an origin in like six words balloons? That fully owes it's existence to a MUCH HATED 52 origin for Donna....
    end of spoilers

Load of total cr@p

...and it seems like this was the whole point to the issue-- which really led nowhere and the reveal was pretty lame.... Maybe they're just nailing up a temporary version and that will change as Rebirth unfolds, but really? I feel like the Titans Annual writers have no idea what was going on in Diana's book and that so much of that crap doesn't exist anymore.... *groan*
    spoilers:
    So, basically... she's now Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'm fine with that, it's a much simpler origin.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Well, considering that spoilers:
    New52 wonder Woman was post-Crisis WonderGirl, and New52 WonderGirl was kind of post-Crisis Donna Troy, seems legit.
    end of spoilers

ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

So they basically just kept the New 52 origin for Donna then. Well that is dumb, but Donna having an awful origin is kind of part of her character. I imagine that someone will change it again in another few years.