Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I can't express how much I hate - HATE - this comic's re-branding Lilith as 'Omen', for sake of creating some stupid trademark for future licensing opportunities, ..and that's ALL it's about. I am so sick of that idiotic, green BEDSHEET, she's running around in - what is that thing? While I can see her taking on a cool codename, and the whole 'Omen' thing sounds very cool, but, that ridiculous mask, hood and CAPE, after so many years of Bohemian chic, ..is just so out of character for her.

Openness and union with the metaphysical is so much about who 'Lilith' is. She's NOT Doctor Fate.
    agreed. the whole huge cape/shroud/ hood thing is just rediculous. wouldn't she be tripping over it in pretty much every outing? The name is ok, the costume is horrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I can't express how much I hate - HATE - this comic's re-branding Lilith as 'Omen', for sake of creating some stupid trademark for future licensing opportunities, ..and that's ALL it's about. I am so sick of that idiotic, green BEDSHEET, she's running around in - what is that thing? While I can see her taking on a cool codename, and the whole 'Omen' thing sounds very cool, but, that ridiculous mask, hood and CAPE, after so many years of Bohemian chic, ..is just so out of character for her.

Openness and union with the metaphysical is so much about who 'Lilith' is. She's NOT Doctor Fate.
    Or to be more precise... she is not Raven, which is the character Omen has been trailing behind and trying to mimic ever since she returned to regular superheroing.

I really liked this issue. Definitely Abnett's strongest showing of his Titans run. I love how he focused on the fact that The Titans unlike any other DC team are a family. That was something that was missing from the New 52. The bond that the Titans had. The Justice League are more like co-workers. I thought everyone's characterization was pretty good. Wonder Woman was kinda harsh but she made up for it in the end. I love how generally nice The Flashes are. Loved seeing The Key from Morrison's JLA. He really turned a lame Silver Age character into a creepy villain worthy of being a Justice League foe. Interested to see who the mystery villain will be.

DC continuity is still in flux. That was a Pre-Flashpoint version of Metallo and Batman mentioned Magedon. Superman: Rebirth kinda told us that there's no way to fit everything together. "A wizard did it."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Has everyone just decided that Batman's default personality is "arrogant @$%h%!e" now? I mean, even the LEGO Batman movie is pointing out how much of an unlike-able douche Batman is.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    agreed. the whole huge cape/shroud/ hood thing is just rediculous. wouldn't she be tripping over it in pretty much every outing? The name is ok, the costume is horrible.
    My sentiments, exactly - sounds very cool - guess I didn't make that clear to some of our friends, here...in my post? Thought I did, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Or to be more precise... she is not Raven, which is the character Omen has been trailing behind and trying to mimic ever since she returned to regular superheroing.
    Absolutely agreeing, over here! Lilith and Raven, in spite of their powers, are two very different sorts. Lilith just isn't going to put on a mask and a cape and go hypnotize shoplifters, at 7-Eleven.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Lilith definitely got the worst design by Booth. It doesn't fit her character and just makes her look like she's trying to impersonate Raven.
    She could keep the hood if she wants to protect her identity, but her entire face shouldn't be covered and the cape should be a lot smaller (or inexistent).
    If they want to keep the hooded look, something closer to British Psylocke's look would make more sense (but in green, obviously):

I really liked the training suit she was in in titans#8 or a black and green new 52 spoiler costume with the half mask?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I mean, if people think that DC is trying to get her to impersonate Raven, why weren't people yelling when she literally took over Raven's role in the New Teen Titans?

I agree that she needs a new design, but I actually think the two characters are different enough to coexist. Lilith is like Jean Grey meets Raven, in a good way.

I liked the design Todd Nauck did as a commission based on the Teen Titans Go designs:

It's a good mix of both designs.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I mean, if people think that DC is trying to get her to impersonate Raven, why weren't people yelling when she literally took over Raven's role in the New Teen Titans?

I agree that she needs a new design, but I actually think the two characters are different enough to coexist. Lilith is like Jean Grey meets Raven, in a good way.

I liked the design Todd Nauck did as a commission based on the Teen Titans Go designs:

It's a good mix of both designs.
    Yeah, Lilith is more of a psionic and Raven is more of a mystic.

However, Titans Hunt had Lilith using magic some (wards of protection and binding).
    And Raven is known to do empathy and some psionic-based talents.

I think they're still very much different from each other.
    The thing that draws the most comparison now, I think, is her current attire.
    She's dressing sort of like Raven.
    Meanwhile, Suicide Squad's Enchantress dresses more like Lilith.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-31-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I remember when the Justice League Dark designs thinking that Enchantress was Omen.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

One thing this book reinforced for me: when the chips are down, DICK GRAYSON should be the leader of the DC superhero community. Who else combines a comparable single package of smarts, leadership ability, and trust?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I remember when the Justice League Dark designs thinking that Enchantress was Omen.

I saw a recently solicited cover of Suicide Squad and had to pause because I forgot Enchantress was in it. Thought it was Lilith on the cover.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I personally don't mind Booth's art, but yeah, this book was definitely a major step up. Also, I was shaky on it at first, but now, Wally's current Flash suit may be my favorite duds of any Speedster. It's close between this suit and Jay Garrick's Post-Crisis look.

Yeah, much as I wish Barry were still dead, adult Wally interacting with Barry really is great to see. I'm in the minority and I really liked Iris II and Jai, though I do admit they may have taken too much focus.

And yes, Bart should most definitely come back...alongside Jesse, Max Mercury, Wally's kids, and XS.

I may not be a Batman fan, but if the Flashes and SuperDad are at the forefront of the fight against Mr. Oz and Manhattan, it'll all be OK.
    I'm not yet convinced that Mr. Oz or Manhattan are the villains in this piece. Not enough concrete evidence of that....at least that I've seen in Titans and other (non-Batman) previews. Am happy to find out either way though. Like the mystery so far.

My biggest beef with Booth's art are the the staring/shocked eyes. No eyelids? Like pearls stuck in mud? Freaky looking to me. Not fond of the hair-ribbon locks either or the fun-housed stretched anatomy, but those I could live with as those are less awkward than the bygone days of Steroid!Wally/McDonald's-Golden-Arches-Bangs-Thick-Black-Eyebrows!Wally. The freaky eye thing that pops out (literally) every now and then just....can hardly look at it. At least Dick has the mask and Roy the glasses.
    Scratch that: I loathe Roy's hat and glasses. Everyone else has really good costumes save poor Roy.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

How was it already time for an annual after only 9 issues. Shouldn't it be after 12 or at least 24 for the twice monthly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    How was it already time for an annual after only 9 issues. Shouldn't it be after 12 or at least 24 for the twice monthly
    Technically, Annuals would be "one per year", regardless of how many of the regular issues have come out.