Thread: Preacher

Default Preacher

So I have only read the first delux trade which has 12 issues in it. And I watched season one. Now while I find the series quite humorous I'm a bit confused as to why they don't seem to be directly adapting anything so far. And hell they've changed some things completely (jesse and tulip's relationship for example)

Season one was basically a prelude to the main story, which is starting now in season two.

All-New Member

With content of the comic(violence/nudity/drugs, etc), there's no way they could adapt it directly on regular cable TV. I look at the TV show as an alternate universe version of the comic. Similarly to the MCU/DCEU movies being a lot different from their comic counterparts. You are allowed to enjoy both. Now, I admit I wasn't sure about Preacher TV show. I watched season one anyway and thought it had some funny moments. Didn't like how it ended, but understood they needed to get the gang out of town.

I'd suggest reading the rest of the series. I love it and reread it when I can. It gets hella crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiisai View Post
    With content of the comic(violence/nudity/drugs, etc), there's no way they could adapt it directly on regular cable TV. I look at the TV show as an alternate universe version of the comic. Similarly to the MCU/DCEU movies being a lot different from their comic counterparts. You are allowed to enjoy both. Now, I admit I wasn't sure about Preacher TV show. I watched season one anyway and thought it had some funny moments. Didn't like how it ended, but understood they needed to get the gang out of town.

I'd suggest reading the rest of the series. I love it and reread it when I can. It gets hella crazy.
    I don't want to get too far ahead of the series.

Speaking of Preacher...is there not a thread discussing season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Speaking of Preacher...is there not a thread discussing season 2?
    Not that I saw

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Not that I saw
    I didn't see one either...just surprised.

So...who's watching Season 2? I'm loving it so far. Seems like Cassidy is really shining this season, and he's doing a great job playing the role

First episode was incredible. Second was really good as well. I alternated between laughing my ass off and going "Holy shit, that's gross."

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

What a delightful ride the first two episodes were in terms of character chemistry/humor. I have nothing but praise for this show