Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Way better than the first trailer, that's all I wanted because I felt nothing from the first. They showed a bit too much here though. It saddens me that the name Genki keeps ringing in my head when I see his BFF, even though i'm sure i will like him just fine.

I really like the homemade suit, it seems like I can suit up if need be and like shogun said it seems that it will be used in the best light literally and figuratively. lol this is definitely evening attire.

I like everything I have seen so far from this movie. My only small gripe which seems to be a common one is that this trailer seems to give TOO much away. But I like the new spidey suite, the interactions Peter has with Tony, and all the action stuff. Can't wait for July!!

They revealed too much IMO. I liked what I saw, but I think they showed too much. Like that boat thing, gave away any suspense. I was looking forward to finding out how Pete was going to get out of that one.

His Proto-suit reminds me of Scarlet Spider, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    This is the first trailer that got me genuinely interested in this movie and Tony is exactly why. I've seen enough solo Spider-Man movies (and I haven't even seen ASM2). I want to see him mixing it up with other heroes. Hopefully Tony has a substantial part in this.
    Yeah, like the vulture, and the iron man bits , but that's the only interest I have in this movie.

Not gonna lie, I found this to be a pretty generic trailer that might have revealed too much. But Holland is still owning the role so I'm still looking forward to it. I'd probably be looking forward more to Guardians and Ragnarok but Spidey is my favorite Marvel superhero so nothing can top this!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That is what a real homemade suit from a 16 year old would look like though.

A 16 year old becoming a master seamstress and creating a perfect spandex suit with web designs is just ridiculous lol

I mean, I can look past that but it is eye rolling.
    come on, he created the webshooters. He should've made a copy of the suit and made his version when this gets taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    come on, he created the webshooters. He should've made a copy of the suit and made his version when this gets taken away.
    spoilers:
    He is supposed to have under-pit webbing at some point, so that may be the costume he makes for the boss battle
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I may be in the minority on this one, but I think the best part of this movie is gonna be Robert Downey jr. as tony stark. Honestly, there is waaaayyy too much emphasis on the fact that spider man is just a kid in this movie. Too much high school hijinks. I don't think I can take Tom holland seriously as spider man.
    I agree with you. MCU Peter feels a bit too much like a cute kid instead of an angry teen, more inoffensive compared to his other two movie versions
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

And the vulture wings are HUGE, how the hell does he walk?
    The trailer shows them detaching at several points, so I assume they fly around without him when he's walking. Instant 2-on-1 if the wings have a drone mode.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Disney strikes again!

Lest we forget that Peter's first suit in Civil War was even shittier (purposely so by the writers, to contrast just what Tony could offer him). Recall how Tony scoffed at the mask and goggles and casually threw them away.

His homemade suits for the MCU, at least from the start, should be terrible because he still just started, and doesn't have the resources that other heroes have. Even Daredevil has a tailor. Shitty costumes serve to make the real deal even more impressive. And besides, his main MCU suit is still the most technologically advanced of all the movie suits, and though Peter is smart, at that age he's not yet a super-scientist of the comics.

If I were to hazard a guess, the "new" suit is still an upgrade of sorts (more layers? Tony's more advanced web shooters?) from the first suit, but obviously far more inferior and just a mere placeholder to the main suit.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-28-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Just to preface this, I am a massive Spider-Man fan so I've got a pretty big bias going into watching this and their handling of the mythos, so it's hard for me to be impartial while watching this trailer. All the same:

- Spidey in motion looks amazing (heh). Very dynamic and agile .

- Of course Tony Stark would coin "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man," he's responsible for practically everything else in this movie .

- Peter and Ganke together is sooooo weird...

- Marvel finally managed to work in Damage Control into the MCU.

- Hey, a Captain America cameo! But...when would Steve have been able to film that? Especially in his first Avengers costume? Is that even Steve ?

- Keaton's Vulture looks great. His peformance seems compelling and fun, and the Vulture in action looks like a very powerful and menacing threat.

- I think the last thing I wanted to see in a Spider-Man movie is Tony Stark bailing Spidey out and lecturing him about not relying on his suit and that he shouldn't need it to be a hero. I know it's all going to come together with Peter proving himself without Stark's suit or tech, but it still ticks me off seeing Iron Man thrust into such an important role in Spider-Man's life and career and treating him like a sidekick.

- I'm still wondering who the heck Donald Glover is in this. They keep showing him next to Tinkerer, so he seems to be part of Vulture's "family," but we still don't know who he's playing.

- Interesting that we haven't seen any of Tony Revolori's Flash Thompson (when he's really playing Lee/Ditko Harry Osborn) in these trailers. At least Aunt May got a moment here (though I wouldn't be surprised if she's in the movie less then Tony Stark is).

- I'm also surprised we haven't seen an in-suit shots of Shocker yet.

- So does it go "Spidey in Washington DC with his class" -> "Spidey encounters Vulutre at Washington DC" -> "Spidey interrupts illegal weapons shipment and encounters Vulture again" -> "Iron Man bails Spidey out after Vulture tears up the ship" -> "Spidey in his homemade suit takes on Vulture and Shocker?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the last thing I wanted to see in a Spider-Man movie is Tony Stark bailing Spidey out and lecturing him about not relying on his suit and that he shouldn't need it to be a hero. I know it's all going to come together with Peter proving himself without Stark's suit or tech, but it still ticks me off seeing Iron Man thrust into such an important role in Spider-Man's life and career and treating him like a sidekick.
    Don't worry. Tony always ends up getting under someone's skin, and held by the throat.

I like what I see. Looks like Keaton's Vulture is going to steal the movie, though, not that its a bad thing necessarily.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.