Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Enjoy it for now. Amy Pascal is hinting at after Avengers: Infinity War and Homecoming 2 (or whatever they call it), Spidey comes back to Sony.

Spider-Man Could Exit the MCU After ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel

“One of the things that I think is so amazing about this experience is that you don’t have studios deciding to work together to make a film very often. In fact it may never happen again, after we do the sequel. Because Sony, and Disney, and Marvel all decided that the right thing to do was to allow Peter Parker and Spider-Man to be in the MCU and to work with the Marvel guys and have them produce this film. And I think that was a very rare thing for three companies to do, and a very brilliant thing for them to decide to do because there are only so many stories that you can tell again and again and again about Spidey, and this is something that we would have never been able to do in any other way. So it was a very selfless thing that very smart on the part of all the companies.”

Oh Sony .

Confirmed.

Sony hates money.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sony wants to see the world burn.

Now I'm gonna wanna see this multiple times (so long as it doesn't suck). Vote with my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh Sony .
    It has to be a negotiation ploy. Though what it is Sony wants would be interesting.

Captain America: Civil War
    - Marvel covers production cost
    - Marvel produces the movie
    - Marvel keeps profits.

Spider-Man: Homecoming
    - Sony funds the movie
    - Marvel produces film
    - Sony keeps profits

Avengers: Infinity War
    - Marvel funds the movie
    - Marvel keeps profits

Spider-Man: Homecoming 2
    - Sony funds the movie
    - Sony keeps profits

I wonder if now they want a cut of the Marvel movies Spidey appears in?
    Last edited by Killercroc357; 03-28-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post

I wonder if now they want a cut of the Marvel movies Spidey appears in?
    Probably, the bastards.

What confuses me is Tom Holland said the deal was six films- 3 solo & 3 other MCU apps....

Which would suggest those films would be;- CW, HC, IW, A4, H2, H3.. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Probably, the bastards.

What confuses me is Tom Holland said the deal was six films- 3 solo & 3 other MCU apps....

Which would suggest those films would be;- CW, HC, IW, A4, H2, H3.. ???
    I never caught how many films were involved beyond the four. So maybe Holland was speaking more to his desire versus the deal.

Spider-Man: How Sony, Marvel Will Benefit from Unique Deal (EXCLUSIVE)

Marvel Studios won’t pay Sony Pictures for the rights to put Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” the “Avengers” franchise or its other superhero films, as part of its new partnership with the studio, according to sources with knowledge of the deal. At the same time, Marvel won’t receive a cut of the box office for any of Sony’s films that feature Spider-Man. Sony won’t receive a percentage of the revenue Disney makes from Marvel’s films that have Spider-Man, either.

There may be some opportunities for Marvel to benefit financially from the Sony films, with payments tied to certain box office milestones. The financial relationship is likened by sources to the kind of compensation structure a producer would receive.

Marvel had originally wanted to buy back Spider-Man from Sony. But its resulting partnership, which was in the works since October, is just that — an arrangement that enables both Sony and Marvel to mutually benefit at the box office by having Spider-Man appear in their movies.

Incredible Member

This trailer showed too much. Did they really have to show Tony taking the suit and Peter going back to his bootleg suit? I feel we saw the entirety of the movie. It’s like the trailer from BVS again.

I'm just hoping it's a matter of time before Sony decides to leave the movie game. They been losing so much money. Only so long PlayStation can bail them out. Spider-Man needs to come home for good. I don't mind the X-Men but a Marvel Universe without Spidey just ain't right

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm just hoping it's a matter of time before Sony decides to leave the movie game. They been losing so much money. Only so long PlayStation can bail them out. Spider-Man needs to come home for good. I don't mind the X-Men but a Marvel Universe without Spidey just ain't right
    I've said this in another thread. Sony should just make a Spider-Gwen series and let the MCU have Peter.

Still 0 interest. I really don't get the hype behind any of this, it all looks mediocre. At this point don't think I will bother to see it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Mighty Member

Is Ari Arad still annoying?

So here's what I thought about the second trailer for Iron Man 4...er, I mean Spider-Man: Homecoming.

A Closer Look At the Second Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer
    Last edited by stillanerd; 03-29-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

I thought the trailer did a very nice job. I am hoping we don't see too much of the Vulture until the movie, but I liked both trailers. I am also hoping the loss of the Stark-designed Spider-Man suit will lead to him making an even better looking one. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but my favourite Spider-Man suit so far has been the ASM2 one and I hope Holland can get something a lot closer to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm excited as all hell to watch this movie, but goddamn did that trailer reveal a lot.

Ferry is in danger and Spider-Man's in trouble? Let's show the resolution to this action piece.

Sure, that moment is supposed to contribute to the larger arc, but even then, let the audience find that out at the theater. Even the action pieces that serve only to move the plot can be thrilling on their own.
    Definitely agreed. That bit with Iron Man could have been taken out entirely. I don't get why marketing teams feel the need to reveal so much. That conversation between Peter and Tony could still have been seen without that part of the movie being shown in the trailer. Dumb decision.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/