Default Toguro Vs Kenshiro

Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho Vs Kenshiro from Fist Of The North Star

Who wins?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Musou Tensei!

"Omae wa mo shindeiru."

Fight over.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Extraordinary Member

Toguro's rather limited power set puts him at a severe disadvantage against Kenshiro's large collection of techniques and abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Musou Tensei!

"Omae wa mo shindeiru."

Fight over.
    He doesn't need to go into MT mode. He just needs to touch him. Once.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    He doesn't need to go into MT mode. He just needs to touch him. Once.
    Point. Pressure-wave attacks should be kid stuff to Kenshiro anyway, and he's certainly got the speed to avoid them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Amazing Member

It can be useful to compare the power of a young Raoh to the power of Yusuke's Reigun against Toguro.

A Young Raoh has a more powerful aura than Yusuke's and his energy projection is FAR MORE POWERFUL because of this.

The Raoh whom faced Ken in their first encounter is far more powerful than the Young Raoh whom is more powerful than Yusuke against Toguro.

Even if that Older Raoh is more poweful, Kenshiro blocked his Gosho Ha without a scratch and dissipated the energy.

Against a Chi attack far less potent (Yusuke's Reigun), Tokuro get rekt after the second attack...

This is a total mismatch in Kenshiro's favor and I'm not even talking about other Kenshiro's feat where he totally outclasses Toguro.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Um... not that I dispute Kenshiro winning this pretty easily. He's strong enough and fast enough to take this quite handily...

I object to the notion that Young Raoh was on the same level of energy projection as Dark Tournament Yusuke.

Unless I'm blanking on a super good feat, he's not really on that level.

Amazing Member

Really ?

A young Raoh using a casual punch effortlessly destroyed an high-rise building several kilometers away.

Yusuke had to use one of his two remaining Reigun shots to do a similar feat at the price of some exertion.

It's important to notice that HNK-characters don't really waste their energies in Ki-blast but mostly concentrate it in one single point when they strike.

I will post the two feats here in order to compare them :

Here is Yusuke using the Reigun (one of the two last remaining).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ire%29+186.jpg

Here is Raoh casually punching one guy and destroying the high-rise building without trying to do it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...+1_030-031.jpg

Kenshiro states later that Raoh's aura has improved and he blocks Raoh's Gosho Ha without being wounded at all (Hokuto No Ken Volume 8) :

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_079.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_087.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_088.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_089.png

"It's superior to the Old Raoh's Aura ! It's a very strong Aura !"

Kenshiro state that Raoh improved his Ki a lot.

What are your thoughts about it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ooh, scans from the Ten No Haoh manga. That's rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Really ?

A young Raoh using a casual punch effortlessly destroyed an high-rise building several kilometers away.

Yusuke had to use one of his two remaining Reigun shots to do a similar feat at the price of some exertion.

It's important to notice that HNK-characters don't really waste their energies in Ki-blast but mostly concentrate it in one single point when they strike.

I will post the two feats here in order to compare them :

Here is Yusuke using the Reigun (one of the two last remaining).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ire%29+186.jpg

Here is Raoh casually punching one guy and destroying the high-rise building without trying to do it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...+1_030-031.jpg

Kenshiro states later that Raoh's aura has improved and he blocks Raoh's Gosho Ha without being wounded at all (Hokuto No Ken Volume 8) :

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_079.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_087.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_088.png

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08+c04_089.png

"It's superior to the Old Raoh's Aura ! It's a very strong Aura !"

Kenshiro state that Raoh improved his Ki a lot.

What are your thoughts about it ?
    Well, first off, that's not several kilometres away. It's like... across the street by the highway that they are standing on. You can see in the reverse shot on the very page you posted.

Second, that's not energy projection. In a manner not dissimilar to what Toguro does with his fingers, Raoh just does that by dint of just being that strong. So it's not really a feat of Raoh having prodigious energy output thus not really applicable to your subsequent feat with Hokuto Gosho-ha because it's too different things.

Third, that's not the best feat of Yusuke's Reigun from the Dark Tournament arc. The moment when he blasted Toguro through the wall of the stadium, through a forest and a through a small mountain/giant rock thing and further with one shot was the one that I was thinking of. So, even if we were to claim that Raoh could do the kind of energy output that he does here with his fists, I still don't think it's beyond the Reigun by any stretch.

Fourth, Ten no Haoh takes place a while after the last time Kenshiro saw Raoh so his claims of his "improved ki," don't mean it has improved from the level shown in Ten no Haoh. For all we know, Ten no Haoh is the "improved" Raoh Kenshiro is referring to. So, there's not much to say that Raoh got intensely stronger between the events of Ten no Haoh and the main story of HnK.

It's no knock against the series; HnK has always been more intimidating in terms of physicality and skill than they have been energy monsters.

I mean, Raoh could whip Yusuke from the Dark Tournament or Toguro just as easy as Kenshiro does, but he's not got as good energy powers in my opinion.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-15-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Nik is right. While HnK has its share of energy projecting attacks (Go Shou Ha, Ten ha Kassatsu) the overwhelming majority of HnK's fights are more like...

I punch you. you die.

literally.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ooh, scans from the Ten No Haoh manga. That's rare.
    I have read the whole serie since his beginning. I own all of the mangas.

Well, first off, that's not several kilometres away. It's like... across the street by the highway that they are standing on. You can see in the reverse shot on the very page you posted.

You are right.

However we knows that Raoh can project his energy to the Sky.

We don't really knows how far the Ki-blast goes after it hit the building.

Second, that's not energy projection. In a manner not dissimilar to what Toguro does with his fingers, Raoh just does that by dint of just being that strong. So it's not really a feat of Raoh having prodigious energy output thus not really applicable to your subsequent feat with Hokuto Gosho-ha because it's too different things.
    I know.
    Toguro uses the air-pressure to reach his opponents from a distance.
    Raoh can directly use his Toki to do so.

Third, that's not the best feat of Yusuke's Reigun from the Dark Tournament arc. The moment when he blasted Toguro through the wall of the stadium, through a forest and a through a small mountain/giant rock thing and further with one shot was the one that I was thinking of. So, even if we were to claim that Raoh could do the kind of energy output that he does here with his fists, I still don't think it's beyond the Reigun by any stretch.
    That's the same scan.

I guess that Raoh's Ki-blast is larger.

I estimate the hole that Yusuke did to be like 10 meters large when Raoh puts a hole in the building like 100 meters large.

It pretty much scales how powerful Raoh's blast is.

Fourth, Ten no Haoh takes place a while after the last time Kenshiro saw Raoh so his claims of his "improved ki," don't mean it has improved from the level shown in Ten no Haoh. For all we know, Ten no Haoh is the "improved" Raoh Kenshiro is referring to. So, there's not much to say that Raoh got intensely stronger between the events of Ten no Haoh and the main story of HnK.
    I agree but the scan I posted refers to the very beginning of the story when Raoh just left his training and began to go through the world.
    He didn't have time to improve his art at this point IMO.

In HNK, Kenshiro is facing Ken'Oh for the first time, after Raoh stole the knowledge of MANY martial artists and already conquered a big part of the World.

It's no knock against the series; HnK has always been more intimidating in terms of physicality and skill than they have been energy monsters.
    I agree.

Moreover Ken really improves his use of the Touki in the second part of HNK in the land of Shura.

I mean, Raoh could whip Yusuke from the Dark Tournament or Toguro just as easy as Kenshiro does, but he's not got as good energy powers in my opinion.
    I totally agree on this, moreover Toguro has literally no answer to Kenshiro's Muso Tensei and Ken can do it casually.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Nik is right. While HnK has its share of energy projecting attacks (Go Shou Ha, Ten ha Kassatsu) the overwhelming majority of HnK's fights are more like...

I punch you. you die.

literally.
    I agree with you both.

Toguro is already dead.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.