Default Star Wars spin-off III: Reveal coming soon?

Lucasfilm's big PR event/convention of course-Star Wars Celebration-is set for the second week of April. It's generally agreed that this convention will have a sort of big reveal for "The Last Jedi"; The teaser trailer and probably some props/marketing/other details coming soon, plus probably a bit from the upcoming Han Solo movie. The last two celebrations of course revealed a lot about "Force Awakens" (The April 2015 trailer of course gave us our first proper glimpse at Han Solo and Chewie, as well at Jakku's wasteland, melted Vader helmet, Phasma and most of the main characters in action)

However, there's one other element that's still kind of up in the air-the identity of the third spin-off film presumably heading for a 2020 release (After Han Solo and the 7-9 sequel trilogy wraps). There's been a writer attached, according to Disney's CEO Bob Iger, for at least half a year. So there might be some kind of announcement at the convention, I think-it's probably the perfect opportunity for at least a title or concept reveal.

I wrote a big of speculation about it on my own Blog: https://chrism227.wordpress.com/2017...hird-spin-off/ (sorry if that's against any board rules or anything like that, feel free to edit out the link if it is).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-28-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just hope it is not a Boba Fett movie. A bounty hunters movies with Fett in it sure, but not a full on Boba Fett solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I just hope it is not a Boba Fett movie. A bounty hunters movies with Fett in it sure, but not a full on Boba Fett solo movie.
    Dude, this is disney. They are going to squeeze as much as possible, hell, Jar Jar Binks: the true story will probably end up being made at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Boba Fett is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Boba Fett is coming.
    Boba Fett was the original spin-off movie planned in the 80s (with most of the ESB team attached to it) but it was canned for the EWOK movies.

I think it's a given that Boba Fett is coming soon, if not next.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I wonder if like that, looking at certain unmade Lucas projects could also provide a bit of an answer. That's actually part of the genesis of Rogue One; it was originally a concept by FX guy John Knoll in 2005 as an arc for that live-action Star Wars TV show that never quite materialized.

Although I certainly hope we don't end up with "Detours: A Star Wars Story".

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I wonder if like that, looking at certain unmade Lucas projects could also provide a bit of an answer. That's actually part of the genesis of Rogue One; it was originally a concept by FX guy John Knoll in 2005 as an arc for that live-action Star Wars TV show that never quite materialized.
    Vader. Crime stuff. "The Undeground." Boba Fett. Bounty Hunters. Clone Wars.

Those seem to be the most used concepts for live-action.

Found some more: Vader's Castle was cut from TFA. It ended up in R1.

Space pirates, enslavement of the Wookiees, and yes, more Boba Fett appear to have recent live-action connections.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Dude, this is disney. They are going to squeeze as much as possible, hell, Jar Jar Binks: the true story will probably end up being made at some point.
    Don't forget C3P0s red arm: the trilogy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The book Aftermath: Empires End already gave us the story of what happened to Jar Jar. He ends up a pariah from his people and spends his days entertaining children on the streets of Naboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Don't forget C3P0s red arm: the trilogy.
    We got a really good book out of that actually.

Vader's castle was actually originally from ESB, when the script was a bit different. Funny thing is, it was sort of intended to be on a snow planet, which eventually became Hoth in later scripts-about as far from Mustafar as you can get. Some of the castle's spires did make their way onto Cloud City though, and an EU version did exist on the planet Vjun in Dark Empire II, and was actually a playable stage in one of the video games.

It's actually not uncommon for concept art to be reused for in Star Wars for later movies-Cloud City, for instance, originated as an Imperial prison facility in (Where Leia would be held instead of the Death Star-of course, it ended up being a sort of prison anyway in ESB's later half.). The X-wing's engine redesign in TFA comes from early concept sketches as well, and several prequel concepts such as the flying whales from AOTC also appear in various concept art from both trilogies.

I'm also pretty sure the various Republic/Imperial/First Order shuttles seen in the films starting with ROTJ owe a bit in their design to that ship toy Luke's playing with in the original film as well...

It'll be interesting, on the video game side of things, to see what Amy Hennig's project is going to be, as that's been kind of cloaked in secrecy for a while now but there should be some kind of reveal soon. The Disney Star Wars games haven't exactly been that great IMO, Battlefront was kind of a let-down and LEGO, well, is just more or less the same ol' thing. Some are hoping it's a revival of sorts of 1313, the Uncharted-style Star Wars game Lucasarts was working on before the buyout. Kathleen Kennedy stated it was possible the project still has legs, and well, Hennig did work and pretty much co-created on the Uncharted series.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-29-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Wasnt one of the rumored spin off a Movie staring anthony b Jordan. Where like he found Bobbas armor or something dumb.

BANNED

I am giving them a lot of credit for their first spin-off being about all original characters who all die.