Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oruncrest View Post
    Really? I recall Lois' son (by Jordan Elliot) in WHttMoT as having the name C(K)alvin.
    He was definitely named Jonathan.

BANNED

I'd rather they have gone with Jonathan Lane Kent, like the other version that showed up in the New 52, rather than Jonathan Samuel Kent as for current Jon's name.

Naming him specifically after a mass murderer was not a good move. There's nothing to gain from it, whatever angle you want to look at it from, whether he's going to "redeem" the name (what?) or as a final jab at Sam Lane.

If he had to be named after one of Lois's parents, they should have gone with her mother. That would be the parent that wasn't a mass murderer and war criminal.

Jonathan Ella Kent.

But, maybe it won't be a problem within Reborn's continuity. Maybe New Krypton and War of the Supermen never happened.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I'd rather they have gone with Jonathan Lane Kent, like the other version that showed up in the New 52, rather than Jonathan Samuel Kent as for current Jon's name.

Naming him specifically after a mass murderer was not a good move. There's nothing to gain from it, whatever angle you want to look at it from, whether he's going to "redeem" the name (what?) or as a final jab at Sam Lane.

If he had to be named after one of Lois's parents, they should have gone with her mother. That would be the parent that wasn't a mass murderer and war criminal.

Jonathan Ella Kent.

But, maybe it won't be a problem within Reborn's continuity. Maybe New Krypton and War of the Supermen never happened.
    I'd say NK and war of the Supermen is out, along with most of the post 2006 era, save maybe for the Legion and Brainiac arcs. Supergirl seems like she is pretty much still the New 52 version. Zod is definitely not his NK era version either and I think Chris Kent joined Lex's daughter Lena in çontiniuity limbo.

It's probably for the best. Genocidal Sam Lane and equally phychotic Lucy was one of the worst story choices of the last several years leading up to 2011.
    I'd rather they stick to the New 52 versions of the Lane family or at the very least revert to pre Infinite Crisis versions.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'd say NK and war of the Supermen is out, along with most of the post 2006 era, save maybe for the Legion and Brainiac arcs. Supergirl seems like she is pretty much still the New 52 version.

It's probably for the best. Genocidal Sam Lane and equally phychotic Lucy was one of the worst story choices of the last several years leading up to 2011.
    I'd rather they stick to the New 52 versions of the Lane family or at the very least revert to pre Infinite Crisis versions.
    It'd also be weird because making the New Krypton saga canon would mean that people that were alive last month in-continuity might be dead because the merger altering continuity.

BANNED

Im happy for DC,trying so many times to have Clark and Lois have a actual child that "sticks" ,finally getting it right,and one that can last "in universe".

BUT

Having Jon doesn't mean not having Kon,let's all remember that

MOTHING AGAINST HIM BUT..

I prefer Young Justice Kon-el... Probable the same kind of Superboy than Post-Crisis Kon-el

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah the name Jon is far from exclusive. It's kind of a no brainer if you think about Superman having one true son, so I wouldn't imagine that Jurgens needed a mandate or anything.

I don't think there's a very high chance giving up on Kenan soon. They still have Jamie Reyes and Ryan Choi, after all.
    That would be kind of a cool team. Heck, I'd like to see a team made up entirely of characters created AFTER 1995 or so.