Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    When even Scott picks up on it you know it's obvious.

kidding a bit - if you read Champions he actually picks up on stuff easily, it's talking about his side of things where the problems come in.
    I feel most introverted people are pretty perceptive, in general. It's the relationship department where Scott has a huge blind spot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Some people just have preconceived notions about certain characters. It's like in that other post basically claiming Jean was an ungrateful bitch for chastising Angel when she clearly explains why she had a problem with it in the very next panel. I predict X-Men Blue discussion will be littered with this kind of thing.
    And those who have objections to that find her explanation unsatisfactory. Ever considered that?

Also, why is it that when a critique is directed at the content in the book, an apologist comes along to redirect it at the person making the criticism? Ever heard of ad hominem fallacies?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Did you see the recap episode in season 4 of Korra? Mako cops a lot of flak for being a bad boyfriend, and Unalaq is thoroughly and completely discredited as a decent Big Bad. Both Airbender and Legend of Korra did great recap episodes. Don't just stick the cast in a room, mention something and cue the clip, Ember Island Players is how you do it.
    Just because they addressed it later on doesn't mean it takes away how awful it is. Regardless it is still painful to sit through.There is a reason why the fandom broke into fights over Korra's characterization and started dropping off when it became apparent that the love stories were taking precedence versus actual political and world saving problems that needed immediate attention. Then there is the awful Eska, Bolin, and Ginger love story and im not touching that with a ten foot spear.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...