Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

So the O5 are still operating in the past, while the new O5 are in the present because once they left the past and secret wars resetthe universe, it rewrote them into they're normal time while they were still active in the present?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    It can't be an alternate because the last multiverse (a.k.a. the 7th iteration) ended when Earth 616 and Earth 1610 smashed together, resulting in a white flash and the destruction of both universes.

Subsequently, At the end of Battle World/Secret Wars #9 (2016) the entire multiverse was recreated via Owen Reese, Reed, and Franklin Richards as explained by Valeria Richards -- thus making this multiverse the Eighth and altogether new iteration. My point is that the O5 was plucked from a past that no longer exists hence the reason they couldn't/can't go back -- where is cry of outrage concerning the inhabitants of Earth 1610 being marooned on Earth Prime?
    I'm too busy missing Earth-616 and the Seventh iteration of the multiverse to care.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

The Professor X in whose universe the O5 are missing from must be freaking out that they've been gone without a trace for this long. He's probably taken to the bottle to drown his sorrows, racked up debts for his therapy sessions and given up on his dream of mutants' peaceful co-existence with humans.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    The Professor X in whose universe the O5 are missing from must be freaking out that they've been gone without a trace for this long. He's probably taken to the bottle to drown his sorrows, racked up debts for his therapy sessions and given up on his dream of mutants' peaceful co-existence with humans.
    Nah. He's probably brainwashed Petra, Sway, Darwin, and Vulcan into being his 'original' X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Well, I'm glad we have some closure on the O5 and I gotta admit, I feel like they've finally grown on me. They're part of the family now and I'm ready to move forward and see how they grow.

I love that Jean's biggest personality trait is still being nosy. Got to respect the consistency.

Could've done without the dance party at the end though. Too cheesy for my taste and I'm all for the occasional lightheartedness but when characters like Cyclops and Wolverine start dancing without hesitation, I can't help but feel we've drifted too far from their core personalities. I'm half kidding but not really.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Well, I'm glad we have some closure on the O5 and I gotta admit, I feel like they've finally grown on me. They're part of the family now and I'm ready to move forward and see how they grow.

I love that Jean's biggest personality trait is still being nosy. Got to respect the consistency.

Could've done without the dance party at the end though. Too cheesy for my taste and I'm all for the occasional lightheartedness but when characters like Cyclops and Wolverine start dancing without hesitation, I can't help but feel we've drifted too far from their core personalities. I'm half kidding but not really.
    I couldn't get past Angel munching on a taco.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nah. He's probably brainwashed Petra, Sway, Darwin, and Vulcan into being his 'original' X-Men.
    Did either of you actually read ANXM #19?

BANNED

And did you?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wait...doesn't this mean Reed just made some new people to take over these kids lives and not just put them back home when he had the chance to?

Wow...what a lazy jerk.
    That's what makes it so brain dead. But this is still all just theoretical because we never got a full answer on what actually happened and I doubt we ever will as long as this is good enough to keep them where they aren't wanted.

And did you?
    The real crux is, who read X-Men Prime?
    The issue established that they're AU and not from the past of the universe they're currently in. In Prime, Jean does point out that there's a world out there without X-Men. It's certainly possible that Xavier just recruited Petra, Sway, Darwin and Vulcan early. Jean probably wouldn't know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The real crux is, who read X-Men Prime?The issue established that they're AU and not from the past of the universe they're currently in. In Prime, Jean does point out that there's a world out there without X-Men. It's certainly possible that Xavier just recruited Petra, Sway, Darwin and Vulcan early. Jean probably wouldn't know about them.
    It does feel as if the creative teams had different visions. The finale wrapped up the O5 allowing them to just move on and get on with it, but Prime suggested they were still backwards looking and concerned with returning to their own reality. Which given Secret Wars there is no guarantee that it even exists. But then not many people in the new MU seem to understand that reality is not as it was.

Previews seem to suggest we are not getting a reality jumping story, so maybe the first arc will be an exploration of how the O5 actually fit into reality now, because I really don't want them sent back, and I don't care about their old reality one bit. There does seem to be a sly acknowledgment to Bendis' future stories with this Beast now being introduced as a mystical character, which is interesting, especially as he seems to be a bit of a techno-mage, as everything seems to be filtered through technology.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-30-2017 at 08:53 AM.

BANNED

The real crux is, who read X-Men Prime?The issue established that they're AU and not from the past of the universe they're currently in. In Prime, Jean does point out that there's a world out there without X-Men. It's certainly possible that Xavier just recruited Petra, Sway, Darwin and Vulcan early. Jean probably wouldn't know about them.
    And, like I've been saying there's no past for the O5 to go back to post Secret Wars because the entire Multiverse was recreated which including analogs of themselves -- now, while it's entirely possible (What If... comes to mind) -- Jeen Grey is guessing that there is a reality where the X-Men don't exist -- how can she if she doesn't know the the Multiverse was destroyed and recreated in the first place.

And, like I've been saying there's no past for the O5 to go back to post Secret Wars because the entire Multiverse was recreated which including analogs of themselves -- now, while it's entirely possible (What If... comes to mind) -- Jeen Grey is guessing that there is a reality where the X-Men don't exist -- how can she if she doesn't know the the Multiverse was destroyed and recreated in the first place.
    Er... If the O5 realize they aren't from the reality they're currently in, wouldn't the next logical step be to assume there is a reality out there they are from, a reality that is lacking them? Secret Wars doesn't have to factor into that reasoning in any way. It certainly may affect their efforts to get home but it doesn't come into play at all in reasoning that their home is some other reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

You should play in the NBA.

Anyways, where did she said that ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think more X storylines need endings inspired by the cringey goofballery of the X-Men: Apocalypse cast.

YESSS. Really i allways thought that the X-men as "Fame with superpowers" would work smooothly. Is already there basically. Hell you could as well replace the spoken intro of the original fame show and it will fit Xaviers School.