Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    SO what have we learned?

Scott can't ever get over Jean.
    LOL.
    Well, we already knew that Scott can't get over Jean unless she telepathically forces him to move on.
    *cough* Here Comes Tomorrow *cough*

Warren can't ever learn that having breasts doesn't make one helpless.
    Poor Warren, he really needs Betsy to keep him on the right path.....actually, scratch that, she's never really done that very well.

Piotr has decided no restraining order will stop his love...
    LMAO!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I just assumed there was a limit to how much she could teleport because there usually is for teleporters.
    Although I can't really back that up with canon or scans.
    There isn't. The only limitation there has ever been on her teleporting is when she couldn't control the time travel aspect of it and could accidentally end up in a completely different time period. There is no limit to the number of stepping disks she can summon or the size of the disks. It's actually really ridiculous and I wish they would establish certain limits.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There isn't. The only limitation there has ever been on her teleporting is when she couldn't control the time travel aspect of it and could accidentally end up in a completely different time period. There is no limit to the number of stepping disks she can summon or the size of the disks.
    Oh, okay, thanks for the info - then quite a few Magik appearances don't add up in addition to teleporting the X-Mansion.
    In fact I know I've even seen a few occasions where the artist hasn't even thrown in a teleportation disk - that's the one that gets me.

It's actually really ridiculous and I wish they would establish certain limits.
    Yeah, her power levels seem to be off the charts.
    Can some times dilute the story when a character is that powerful.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, okay, thanks for the info - then quite a few Magik appearances don't add up in addition to teleporting the X-Mansion.
    In fact I know I've even seen a few occasions where the artist hasn't even thrown in a teleportation disk - that's the one that gets me.

Yeah, her power levels seem to be off the charts.
    Can some times dilute the story when a character is that powerful.
    Bachalo wanted to make a more demonic flare when she teleported, so he dropped the disks in favor of an atmospheric effect. And Greg Land decided to make the disks pentagrams.

In theory she can teleport entire armies. Like this:

Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 04-02-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Incredible Member

She needed the magic users to help connect the electrical, water and gas mains to earth

BANNED

Poor Warren really should have learned his lesson last year.
    Don't help your teammates ever!

God damn you for bringing that back up. I ALMOST had the memory of reading that garbage repressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    God damn you for bringing that back up. I ALMOST had the memory of reading that garbage repressed.
    I'm 8 issues in to that All New X-Men run so far and I'm actually quite enjoying it.
    Is it the Laura stuff you didn't like or the whole run?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    She needed the magic users to help connect the electrical, water and gas mains to earth
    Good enough. In Central park they can just call an electrician and a plumber.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I'm 8 issues in to that All New X-Men run so far and I'm actually quite enjoying it.
    Is it the Laura stuff you didn't like or the whole run?
    It's disappointing to say the least I hated hopeless's potrayal of Laura's character it honestly felt like Laura should've just remained solo after bendis's all new X-men run ended and that she would've strictly remained solo as shown in all new wolverine.

Honestly she was so wasted as a character in hopeless's all new X-men and was more often then not regulated to a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Probably the first reference Land could find in an online search.
    Sir....I want to give you a hug for this comment

BANNED

The funny thing is that there really was no reason Illyana needed anyone else to move the school in the first place. Her mutant teleporting power is just that OP. Maybe the help she needed was belching out Limbo after carrying the whole dimension around inside of her for so long.
    I think Magik needing help from the other magic-users is just the editors wanting to show that, even though relations between the X-Men and the Avengers are still frosty, at the very least, the spellcasters are able to put that aside to work together for a common goal. We see the same sorcerers joining forces in the CW2 event, as well as in Dr Strange's first arc of his solo book.

Also, in Bendis' run, Magik was consulting Dr Strange from the past, because of the animosity between the X-Men and the Avengers then. But here, she is openly seeking help from the present-day Dr Strange, to drive home the point that Dr Strange is both a friend and mentor to her now. He helped her in Extraordinary X-Men, she helped him in his solo book and in the CW2 event.

...or editorial just wanted to use the X-opportunity to promote other sorcerers. Or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Or to illustrate how big the job was - where even one of the most powerful X-Men needed help to accomplish it.

Or to illustrate how big the job was - where even one of the most powerful X-Men needed help to accomplish it.
    I think teleporting a few buildings isn't a particularly taxing use of Magik's powers considering what we've seen her do before. All of her teleporting has to go through Limbo anyway so it's not like she was moving the school to Hel or the Dark Dimension or another plane she's not intimately connected to.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    I think Magik needing help from the other magic-users is just the editors wanting to show that, even though relations between the X-Men and the Avengers are still frosty, at the very least, the spellcasters are able to put that aside to work together for a common goal. We see the same sorcerers joining forces in the CW2 event, as well as in Dr Strange's first arc of his solo book.

Also, in Bendis' run, Magik was consulting Dr Strange from the past, because of the animosity between the X-Men and the Avengers then. But here, she is openly seeking help from the present-day Dr Strange, to drive home the point that Dr Strange is both a friend and mentor to her now. He helped her in Extraordinary X-Men, she helped him in his solo book and in the CW2 event.
    It's really a waste that Marvel didn't made a book with that team.