Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spider-Woman #17 (Final Issue!) - SPOILERS

So, we had the final issue of Spider-Woman today. Without further ado - a recap!

We start off with Jess, Carol, Roger and Ben getting ready to throw a party. Jess is introducing Roger to the rest of her super hero buddies!
    Roger is understandably nervous despite what Jess says and is convinced even Carol doesn't like him.
    The other Heroes show up and just as Jess gets ready to introduce them to Roger, Gerry wakes up and Roger runs to placate the crying baby.
    Jess feels like everyone is judging her for the choices she has made - and Natasha throws all sorts of shade at Jess and Roger, by telling Jess she's wasting her time being a PI and should be in the big leagues with the rest of the Avengers.
    Jess sticks up for herself, justifying her choices and stating that for once she's actually happy with her life.
    Meanwhile, chaos ensues down in Jess' apartment - Gerry has inherited Jess' powers and they have manifested and Roger tries to catch the kid, without much luck.
    Gerry managers to crawl his way to the roof where the party is - the other heroes try to help out but get kicked or zapped for their efforts.
    Thor and Jen Walters wisely decide to stay out of it (that panel KILLED ME).
    Gerry is caught. Carol gets some crazy alien techology to keep him confined so everyone else can relax a bit.
    The story ends with Jess in her wrecked apartment (thanks Gerry) chilling with the people who she loves the most - Gerry, Roger, Carol, and Ben.

I loved this issue. All of it. What a great way to end the series on a high note. It's got everything that you'd come to expect from a Spider-Woman issue - heart, laughs, and action (Gerry is a quick little dude!). Veronica Fish and Rachelle Rosenberg killed on art (though I may be a little nitpicky at one panel of Carol I didn't care for (the expression was a little wonky?)).

Dennis Hopeless wrote Jess for 27 issues and to see where she was during Spider-Verse (I do try to ignore that but she was so jaded and bitter in that crossover) it's worth noting how far she's come since then. This has probably been the longest solo run Jess has had since her debut back in the 70s - and I think it'll definitely be come a must read run down the line.

I am really, really, really going to miss this series.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

This was such a great series. I'm also going to miss it terribly.
    So cool that Jerry has inherited his mom's powers. Looking forward to future-oriented tales showing Spider-Jerry and Danny Cage fighting crime side by side :3

congrats on getting your letter published in the back!
    Last edited by Doc Sonic; 03-29-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Hah, good point, Captain America Danielle's Avengers team didn't include a Spider-Man, so Gerry could be it. His MC2 counterpart was Spider-Man, and we saw a Gerry Spidey in Spider-Gwen last week.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

What a great issue! It was fun, with Gerry playing around, and ha ha superhero snobs, they needed to loosen up...the Jess and Roger moments were so sweet, I'm so glad, happy endings...will miss this book, hope Jess, Roger and Gerry are seen again soon ...

Well done Seren sneaking your letter in for the last issue! Well deserved for being such a devoted fan...

Cheers

Jon

Thanks

And we will see Jess at least in Dr. Strange, the Defenders, and Spider-Gwen. I figure it's a given she'll be in Captain Marvel from time to time too.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    And we will see Jess at least in Dr. Strange, the Defenders, and Spider-Gwen. I figure it's a given she'll be in Captain Marvel from time to time too.
    Cool!

Please, keeps us informed, Seren!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

A child is already difficult to care imagine one with super powers .

It was a good ending and even better a happy ending.

Would like to see Jess in SE since we are talking about Hydra and a team of Avengers (miss Jess of the time at New Avengers) but as we already know she is happy and that is all that matters.

I had problems with Kamala, Nova, Cap Sam, Natasha and Clint being at the party considering that these characters had problems with each other or others that technically could not be at the party because they are dealing with other things in their own comic however at least this time prefer to ignore all this in the name of a happy ending.

Invincible Member

I thought it was a fine ending to a fine series.

Wow Tasha was almost as mean in this as in her own solo, though it was also hilarious which is always nice.

But yeah, well there is nothing I could say that hasn't already been said by Seren exfept for:

Hey is that Tony Stark there on the roof in the last panel? Well he also showed up in Black Widow today so I have no idea when this scene, or either scenes are set.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Invincible Member

I was trying to figure out what was going on with She-Hulk. She seems to be in her She-Hulk form but has white skin not grey or green.

Yes I didn't quite get that either.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I have a feeling she was drawn big and green and then everyone remembered she's not anymore so instead of having Fish redraw the whole page they just recolored her.

Just finished it. Great final issue! And we are left with Gerry having Jess's powers. Can you imagine little Gerry busting someone up defending his mom? That would be so cool. He held his own against the partygoers. Thought Jess was going to punch Natasha there for a minute. I can see a Spider-Man Gerry team up in the future. Sad to see this end. I have no doubt Jess and her crew will be back in an ongoing in the future. Again outstanding Job Dennis and everyone else who worked on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I have a feeling she was drawn big and green and then everyone remembered she's not anymore so instead of having Fish redraw the whole page they just recolored her.
    Except for one panel, where she's stood next to Hulkling and she's the same colour he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Wow Tasha was almost as mean in this as in her own solo, though it was also hilarious which is always nice.

But yeah, well there is nothing I could say that hasn't already been said by Seren exfept for:

Hey is that Tony Stark there on the roof in the last panel? Well he also showed up in Black Widow today so I have no idea when this scene, or either scenes are set.
    Maybe it's the AI controlling a suit? It's not like we see him close up.

Hmm - I'll have to go and double check all the panel again XD I might've missed it.

It could be the AI controlling the suit. That seems to be a thing they have set up in Riri's book (I have to catch up on that).