Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Dennis Hopeless wrote Jess for 27 issues and to see where she was during Spider-Verse (I do try to ignore that but she was so jaded and bitter in that crossover) it's worth noting how far she's come since then. This has probably been the longest solo run Jess has had since her debut back in the 70s - and I think it'll definitely be come a must read run down the line.
    Sounds to me like you are describing a future Omnibus at some point. I read his first run at Jess, Spider-verse to the end of that volume.
    When Marvel rebooted and changed the costume and went maternity it sounded like a good place to trim back and relegate Spider-woman to my Trade Wait pile.
    I'll eventually get to this, also cause of Hobgoblin, but hopefully it gets an Omni at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That's what I think a lot of us are hoping for. I'd love a Spider-Woman omnibus.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

so I dropped of the SW run fairly early on just because I couldn't make room for it. Did the ever reveal who the baby's father was?

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    so I dropped of the SW run fairly early on just because I couldn't make room for it. Did the ever reveal who the baby's father was?
    Nope - Jess went to the doctor and said "I wanna have a baby" and got pregnant through science rather than the old fashioned way.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

Ah I see. artificial insemination.

Anyone wanna take wagers on how long it is until a writer reveals "This baby's father is actually(insert villain/hero here)who donated sperm one time!"

I really hope they do not ruin what Hopeless did with Jessica
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Outside of Natasha being somewhat of a bitch in this issue I enjoyed this issue for what it was which was, essentially, a house party. I'm going to miss this title.

You know - I wasn't really upset with how Nat was. I mean, back in Issue 10 (the Secret Wars tie in were Nat comes to bring Jess in) Nat called out Jess in a similar fashion. I think Natasha and Jess spent all of Secret Wars being the Spyder ladies. They were paired together a lot - and I think she's portrayed this way because she might have taken it a bit personally that Jess quit the Avengers? I dunno. Hrist explained that scene back in #10 really well on **** Yeah Black Widow and I think this is a continuation of that. And I certainly see Nat's point - but Jess has a point too. She certainly didn't have to validate her reasons to the super-hero community but she did anyway.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I wouldn't say I was ''upset'' with it. Just that it felt a little bit unnecessary but I guess they had to have some form of drama

haha Truth XD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Nope - Jess went to the doctor and said "I wanna have a baby" and got pregnant through science rather than the old fashioned way.
    So...ironically despite the really bad way he asked it way back after she first became pregnant, Ironman was essentially correct in insinuating that Jessica didn't know who the father was? Badumtsh.

Black Widow and Spider Woman have worked together a lot lately and I think that made Natasha feel closer to Jessica.
    ...and this is Natasha!
    Last edited by Winterboy; 03-30-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Widow and Spider Woman have worked together a lot lately and I think that made Natasha feel closer to Jessica.
    ...and this is Natasha!
    To be fair in this storyline she is just playing her part mostly.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    What book was that? Avengers Assemble?