Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Alternative News

In another thread entitled This is true?, a poster asked if something he found, presumably somewhere on the internet, which sets out a bunch of proposed projects and/or changes at DC was true. (The consensus is that it was not, but time will tell.) As a moderator of this forum, I thought it might be fun, if each of you would post an item of "alternative news" of something that might in the DC Universe. Please, only one item per post and make it realistic. I'll be anxious to see what you come up with.

Sandy Hausler

Stan Lee to reboot the DC Universe!

Coming this Summer: Excelsior! #1, written by Stan Lee and drawn by Steve Rude!
    The New Gods return and guide the DC Universe into new glory.
    Superman, Batman, Woder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and others... the heroes you know and love... are shown that they've been trapped in an alternate dimension since Crisis on Infinite Earths and everything's been a lie.
    See Earths Reborn! Heroes made whole again! A new era of greatness awaits!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Stan Lee to reboot the DC Universe!

Coming this Summer: Excelsior! #1, written by Stan Lee and drawn by Steve Rude!
    The New Gods return and guide the DC Universe into new glory.
    Superman, Batman, Woder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and others... the heroes you know and love... are shown that they've been trapped in an alternate dimension since Crisis on Infinite Earths and everything's been a lie.
    See Earths Reborn! Heroes made whole again! A new era of greatness awaits!
    wait, dude. this already happened, more or less. in just imagine stan lee something.

DC and Scott Snyder announce All Star Batman relaunch, All Star Robin, featuring the one and only new Robin: Duke Thomas!

With Damien going out on his own, it's time for Duke to become the one true Robin! (Still monthly, 4.99 featuring a backup starring Duke Thomas)

BANNED

The Justice League is Dead. For Good. We mean it.And so, it's up to the Titans, Martian Manhunter, and the unlikely additions of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) to form the All New Justice League!

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    wait, dude. this already happened, more or less. in just imagine stan lee something.
    Yeah, but this time it's Stan bringing back the Pre-Crisis DCU and going forward from there.
    With a tagline 'Post-Crisis, Zero Hour and New52 done right'

BANNED

Yeah, but this time it's Stan bringing back the Pre-Crisis DCU and going forward from there.
    Implying that Post Zero-Hour DC, until 2004, wasn't the best time in the company's history.

Astonishing Member

how about use the tagline 'amazons attack' done right?

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Implying that Post Zero-Hour DC, until 2004, wasn't the best time in the company's history.
    Personally, I place the post-Crisis/pre-Zero Hour era higher, but I think that comes from my love of JLI.

But the only real way to fix DC is to erase everything from Crisis (the first rebooting) forward and then re-insert things in a natural way, making it all one continuity again.

And the tagline was really just humor, taking a jab at '52 done right'.

BANNED

Personally, I place the post-Crisis/pre-Zero Hour era higher, but I think that comes from my love of JLI.

But the only real way to fix DC is to erase everything from Crisis (the first rebooting) forward and then re-insert things in a natural way, making it all one continuity again.

And the tagline was really just humor, taking a jab at '52 done right'.
    Ah, gotcha!. I will never get over '52 done right.'

Also, you know I love JLI too, but the amount of books I love that came after Zero Hour compared to after Crisis is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Ah, gotcha!. I will never get over '52 done right.'

Also, you know I love JLI too, but the amount of books I love that came after Zero Hour compared to after Crisis is massive.
    I know. And I'd hate to step on your toes.
    But as much as I would hate (HATE) to lose JLI, it might be what's necessary.
    Just wash all the reboots away and tell writers that if they can't use a character as they already are make a new one or give an in-story development that doesn't invalidate what's come before.

And, yeah, '52 done right' will go down as one of the most defining comments made at DC in recent years. Right up there with 'That's one way to look at it' (in reference to Convergence) and 'Blue Beetle will be an important character next year'.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    DC and Scott Snyder announce All Star Batman relaunch, All Star Robin, featuring the one and only new Robin: Duke Thomas!

With Damien going out on his own, it's time for Duke to become the one true Robin! (Still monthly, 4.99 featuring a backup starring Duke Thomas)
    Oh, I thought this was already happening

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Realizing that all the reboots are stupid, DC decides to go back to the pre-Crisis multiverse. COIE formally never happened. Supergirl never died. Original Earth 2 is back in play. Infinite multiverse.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Oh, I thought this was already happening
    Nah, I think you just read that report that DC was thinking about renaming itself "DT Comics" XD

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Geoff Johns Exclusive: On Restoring Hope to the DCU and 'Wally West: Rebirth'

Q: So when you brought back the original Wally West, did you have this story in mind?

John: I mean, we basically knew what we wanted to happen. We wanted Wally's version of the Flash to stand out, so we gave him a backstory he never had before and killed his parents.

Q: Yeah, it was pretty tough to take in. It happened so tragically.

Johns: It is tragic. Especially with the history he had with his parents and Zoom. And it's something that will bring him closer to Barry too. These kinds of events bring the characters closer, much like in real life. And that's the kind of hope and optimism we want this new Rebirth title to encompass.

Read more...