Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Buy Physical, Get Digital" Codes To Make A Return?

As reported by Bleeding Cool (link: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...ou-ask-nicely/), some fans are able to get digital codes of the physical comics they have purchased.

Right now, it looks as though you might be able to get them to send you digital codes of the comics you've bought by jumping through a bunch of hoops if you're lucky enough. So I encourage everyone who liked the old Bonus Digital Comics system to get in touch with Marvel, a huge response may push them to return to the old program so that you don't have to resort to contacting and sending copies of your receipts etc.
    {>_<} Show your love for comics by supporting your Local Comic Shop.

{>_<} Keep track of your comics library and weekly pull list with the awesome League of Comic Geeks website.

Extraordinary Member

They should bring it back ASAP.

Yup, it's a hassle but an avenue worth exploring.

onlinesupport@marvel.com
    Jeff Klein, Media Relations - jeff_klein@dkcnews.com
    David Gabriel, SVP - dgabriel@marvel.com
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Yup, it's a hassle but an avenue worth exploring.

onlinesupport@marvel.com
    Jeff Klein, Media Relations - jeff_klein@dkcnews.com
    David Gabriel, SVP - dgabriel@marvel.com
    Thanks for the email addresses.

{>_<} Keep track of your comics library and weekly pull list with the awesome League of Comic Geeks website.

Marvel keeps breaking my habits. Even if the codes come back.... no guarantee I start buying again like I was a year ago...

To be perfectly frank, no since secret wars have I reread stuff nor have I valued the comics I've bought enough where I care about their condition.

I think it's happening right now. I'm collecting the Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows series and each issue comes with a code for a digital copy. If they're willing to do that for a B-level title, I'd be surprised if none of their A-list titles (or whatever stuff they're begging us to love next) doesn't get the same treatment. Also, the hardcover trade "paperback" of Star Wars: Shattered Empire also came with a code.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think it's happening right now. I'm collecting the Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows series and each issue comes with a code for a digital copy. If they're willing to do that for a B-level title, I'd be surprised if none of their A-list titles (or whatever stuff they're begging us to love next) doesn't get the same treatment. Also, the hardcover trade "paperback" of Star Wars: Shattered Empire also came with a code.
    There were digital copies of the same issue you purchased up until January 2017 so up to ASM:RYV #3 should have it. TPBs used to have it but I think Marvel has dropped that practice for quite a while now.

Then February, they changed the digital program so instead of a digital copy of the issue you just bought, you received starting issues from (3) new TPBs which are most likely already on Marvel Unlimited anyway.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My LCS is a small shop and he doesn't give out receipt because no one really asked for them. It's not like you can get a refund or something. I will try the email route and just give my opinion that I'd like to see the codes come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    My LCS is a small shop and he doesn't give out receipt because no one really asked for them. It's not like you can get a refund or something. I will try the email route and just give my opinion that I'd like to see the codes come back.
    Same. I preorder stuff two months in advance for discounts so I don't get receipts. I have copies of the Previews short order forms and can get copies of the cleared checks, though.

Besides, my LCS's receipts don't list the items purchased anyway. Just quantity and price (e.g. 5x $3.99).

Alas, I'm on an iPad so I'm gonna have to wait until I'm on a computer and can do proper formatting and attachments to craft the email.
    Currently Following:

Good news guys.

Marvel have listened and delivered! David Gabriel got back to me and told me to send a photo of my comics along with the receipts, to be able to get the codes for the books that I have missed.
    I had already disposed of my receipts, but just a photo of all the comics was fine. They got back to me quickly and efficiently and now I have digital copies of all the books that I was missing.

I was told to look out for an announcement later today regarding the digital code program. So things are looking up.

I'm pleased with the way they have responded to this. Well done Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Apama View Post
    Good news guys.

Marvel have listened and delivered! David Gabriel got back to me and told me to send a photo of my comics along with the receipts, to be able to get the codes for the books that I have missed.
    I had already disposed of my receipts, but just a photo of all the comics was fine. They got back to me quickly and efficiently and now I have digital copies of all the books that I was missing.

I was told to look out for an announcement later today regarding the digital code program. So things are looking up.

I'm pleased with the way they have responded to this. Well done Marvel!
    Sounds great.

To be honest, it can't have been a good use of time for David Gabriel, Marvel Senior Vice President - Print, Sales & Marketing to be reading and responding to all these emails regarding digital codes. Probably cheaper to just reinstate the old digital copy program.
    Currently Following:

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Sounds great.

To be honest, it can't have been a good use of time for David Gabriel, Marvel Senior Vice President - Print, Sales & Marketing to be reading and responding to all these emails regarding digital codes. Probably cheaper to just reinstate the old digital copy program.
    Unless of course any announcement will be a switch to a different platform in the future, which I half expect at some point.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If this movement does bring back the free digital codes, my sincere thanks and praises to the fans that thought to do this. I pretty much thought it was not worth looking into but they proved me wrong. I'd like to thank Marvel and David Gabriel to if they go through with this. IMO it's a win/win since the fan has to go to the LCS to make the purchase. Even if they swap the code it's not that much different from fans who traded with their friends for comics before there were digital copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If this movement does bring back the free digital codes, my sincere thanks and praises to the fans that thought to do this. I pretty much thought it was not worth looking into but they proved me wrong. I'd like to thank Marvel and David Gabriel to if they go through with this. IMO it's a win/win since the fan has to go to the LCS to make the purchase. Even if they swap the code it's not that much different from fans who traded with their friends for comics before there were digital copies.
    I am pretty sure they were never particularly bothered about swapping codes, their official podcast commented positively about that multiple times as they did on twitter. Not sure they were keen on the secondary market of selling them on, I believe that was specifically against the intent of the scheme, and may have been against T&Cs but I never read them. Nobody reads T&Cs and the courts don't always recognise them as they are too cumbersome.

I hope they bring them back and I'll start buying more than 4 Marvel books again.
    We need better comics