Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    You sure Magik won't just talk things through with Colossus? There's also Nightcrawler and Logan who can talk with him. I mean, really. Why does it always have to be Colossus being the "badguy" when it comes to his connection with Kitty? It doesn't seem fair.
    I don't really think Magik will be involved at all.
    And I'm really hoping Piotr leaves the suffocating ex behaviour behind him in issue #1.
    Fingers crossed!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It's fine that you don't like it. Nobody said you aren't allowed to- not really sure what you're getting at. We just agree to disagree on the priority of artist's preference vs fan opinions. Obviously everyone will place a different value on one or the other.
    No I don't even think we disagree over that. I simply asked if any fans were clamoring for creepy Piotr. I never said the writer was not allowed to or should not write it. I simply questioned why he made that decision because I think it will diminish his story.

So at this point I'm shot sure what your point is. A writer is free to express his vision. I am free to say I think it will be **** because fans won't like it.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No I don't even think we disagree over that. I simply asked if any fans were clamoring for creepy Piotr. I never said the writer was not allowed to or should not write it. I simply questioned why he made that decision because I think it will diminish his story.

So at this point I'm shot sure what your point is. A writer is free to express his vision. I am free to say I think it will be **** because fans won't like it.
    Maybe the question should be whether general comic book readers dislike it as much as the board apparently believes. Sometimes the buying public has totally different preferences than CBR. As much as everyone around here hates nostalgia couples, I'm almost certain there's a market for it. Or more importantly, maybe people will buy the book, REGARDLESS, of creepy Piotr and the whole point is moot.

Astonishing Member

There could indeed be an interest among the 'general' comic fans, but this is still a cringeworthy way go about. The general fans deserve better...

BANNED

Eh, I don't think Peter is being creepy. I mean, most of us here have read hundreds of issues with Colossus. We know he isn't a pervert or a degenerate because we read his thoughts and see him in his private moments. He moved into her room because he's sentimental and he missed her. It's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 04-03-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

I'm excited for the story, and generally like Guggenheim's writing. Can't wait for Rachel to get some spotlighting. I just think this book just needs a different illustration style. Something with a more modern style. I look forward to the fill-in artist.
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 04-04-2017 at 06:39 PM.